Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #2,281 of 3,931
dont mind me asking, does anyone have an idea how long is the turn around approximately after the holiday season...? (minus the shipping timings)

just got my out of warranty TF10's for remold on the 21st of December 2010, so pretty anxious about getting them back! 

thanks! :)

Jan 10, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #2,287 of 3,931
Here's the frequency chart for my SE425X3 (remolded Shure SE425 with added bass driver).

So, as you can see the bass is very much more prominent and deep than of a stock SE425 and that was exactly what i had hoped for, all the high end definition of the SE425 with added low end punch.
The sound is very well balanced to my taste, bass is nice and punchy and the highs are nice and crisp, but not sibilant at all. There could be just a little more mids, though but it does not bother me as it is. Overall I was surprised, what a huge improvement this remold+upgrade was. i would suggest it to all who own se425's and wish to have more bass (not to mention perfect fit). =)

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #2,288 of 3,931
I got an email on 23rd December from these guys saying that Chinese customs said they had returned the package. Of course, there's no sign of the package, naturally. I now have the problem that, having been told a 'tall tale' by these guys once, I don't know whether I can believe a word they tell me. Fingers and everything else still firmly crossed.

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #2,289 of 3,931
What do you say about the Chart of my new TF10X6. The Drop at around 3000 HZ and the very high spike aren't looking so well..
The sound is hmm .- more bassy (too much for my taste) then i remember the original TF10 and i think the soundstage is not so clear as it was before. But maybe i have just to get used to it.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #2,290 of 3,931

Quote:
What do you say about the Chart of my new TF10X6. The Drop at around 3000 HZ and the very high spike aren't looking so well..

There's no need for a graph to "look well"
Drop in 3kHz region is caused by crossover point of dual-mid driver and TWFK.
TWFK has this pick at 5-7kHz, but it sound good after all and what's more important it's sibilantless. All TWFK-based earphones like ADDIEM, q-jays, and so ever have that 5kHZ bump.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #2,291 of 3,931
do you guys typically notice the imbalance of the IEM's. I noticed in the last graph how far off the 3-4khz and 10-20khz were. personally, that would drive me nutty considering the amount of money you drop on the reshell + drivers

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #2,293 of 3,931
@meinname, if you saw a graph of your original TF10, you would notice a even bigger drop, and also a really steep drop above 13Hz. The crossover components take a little time to break in, so give it some time and just a little time to get used to it, and you should be good to go. 

@Aleki, A difference of 5dB the human hear can hardly hear. Unless you've got perfect hearing, or better, 5dB is not noticeable, In fact most earphones out there have a variance of 8dB as the drivers are never matched. My pair of TF10 has a variance of 7dB near the high-end. 

@Castlevania, you can't change the TF10 to a UE10. They only share their high frequency driver, where the dual lows of the UE10 are proprietary balanced armatures that only UE has. 

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #2,294 of 3,931
Three of my six custom monitors finally came back. Perseus, a 3 driver 3 way, Poseidon a 6 driver 4 way, and Zeus a 10 driver 3 way. Pictures should be up soon! Still waiting on Apollo, Artemis, and Hades.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #2,295 of 3,931
What is 4 way for? Did they divide the whole frequency into 4 seperate parts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back