Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 13, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #466 of 1,311
Would you say the treble getting a bit more detailed was more pronounced with the SS amp setting on the C9 only or are you seeing more of it in both tube & SS settings because of burn in?
Definitely noticing more defined treble in the SS mode on the C9 relative to nu-tubes. In terms of more from burn in…not sure if it is IEM burn in or brain burn in telling me I feel like the treble is a little more pronounced.

Mason FS and P6 Pro are like born for each other... Just got the demo unit from Andrew today.

The overall control is much better. And their is this pairing magic. FS really reveals P6 Pro’s organic, coherent sound signature. It is still neutral, but now musical and SO real.

I am using P6 Pro alone with FS, and comparing this against M8+C9, M8 alone, N6ii +C9, and SP2000; this is also the ranking for how things sound with FS. SP2000 is at the bottom lol.
Have you tried the P6 Pro with the C9? If so, what did you think?

May 13, 2021 at 12:26 AM Post #467 of 1,311
Definitely noticing more defined treble in the SS mode on the C9 relative to nu-tubes. In terms of more from burn in…not sure if it is IEM burn in or brain burn in telling me I feel like the treble is a little more pronounced.

Yes I do. I got a demo unit from Andrew. This is THE BEST PAIRING I have ever had, out of all my gear experience. In fact, a P6 Pro order placed from Andrew. :)

A bit late now, will share more on P6 Pro + FS tomorrow.

May 13, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #468 of 1,311

Oh sorry, you mean the P6P + C9. Will try it tomorrow!

I tried it with perhaps 1 track today. Everything just gets even tighter; the dynamic further improves. I can feel that P6P+C9 has a HUGE potential. Will try this with my headphone as well tomorrow.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #469 of 1,311
Is there any way someone could trial something like these? I love my MEST's but can't drop $6k without testing them first. I am based in the UK.

May 13, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #470 of 1,311
@doctorjuggles any chance there is a cactus-plated silver cable on your roadmap?
:joy:
I was thinking of making a tequila-plated one instead, seeing as it's made from the best parts of the cactus :wink:
(Okay, it's made from an agave plant but still....)

May 13, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #471 of 1,311
Is there any way someone could trial something like these? I love my MEST's but can't drop $6k without testing them first. I am based in the UK.
The first batch was a limited edition, not sure what the intent is here. Seems like UM was testing the waters. Not even if sure they will ever give out demo units to the dealers.

May 13, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #472 of 1,311
May 13, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #474 of 1,311
Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #475 of 1,311
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 14, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #480 of 1,311
The MSRP for Fusang is 28999 RMB, or around $4350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back