Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 10, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #436 of 1,311
If you have been listening solely to FS, it will be a fun exercise to switch back to some other IEMs, and you will find the difference to be shocking.

For example, I tried out Sultan last night after a long session with FS. Before that, I would never have described Sultan’s vocal to be thin - it is in fact Sultan’s strength. However, a direct A/B with FS made Sultan’s vocal sounded thin, harsh, and a bit inconsistent.
This is how summit-fis “ruin” other IEMs😭. Cost effective in reality; less trial-and-erroring other TOTLs and soaking up losses in resale, shipping, fees, etc.

May 10, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #437 of 1,311
This is how summit-fis “ruin” other IEMs😭. Cost effective in reality; less trial-and-erroring other TOTLs and soaking up losses in resale, shipping, fees, etc.
So true... FS does not ruin other IEMs in your first listen, but it is like a good wine and its taste gets better and better after you get used to it. And then, you suddenly realized that all other IEMs are ruined.

May 10, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #438 of 1,311
So true... FS does not ruin other IEMs in your first listen, but it is like a good wine and its taste gets better and better after you get used to it. And then, you suddenly realized that all other IEMs are ruined.
This just started getting dangerous.

May 10, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #440 of 1,311
This just started getting dangerous.
You can probably check with Andrew and see if he has been able to get a demo unit. :grin: Mind you, FS does require burn-in, so not sure how that new demo unit would sound like (if one exists).

May 10, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #441 of 1,311
You can probably check with Andrew and see if he has been able to get a demo unit. :grin: Mind you, FS does require burn-in, so not sure how that new demo unit would sound like (if one exists).
Yep, now you got my bird brain thinking.

May 10, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #442 of 1,311
Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #443 of 1,311
Just tried some classical music with FS and it blows me away. Soundstage may not be the widest out there, but the smooth yet well-layered sound is just SO addictive. 😍

I was so into just listening to vocals and I feel like I have been missing out a bit part of FS’s fun.

Edit: I listen to cello and violin.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #444 of 1,311
Just tried some classical music with FS and it blows me away. Soundstage may not be the widest out there, but the smooth yet well-layered sound is just SO addictive. 😍

I was so into just listening to vocals and I feel like I have been missing out a bit part of FS’s fun.

Edit: I listen to cello and violin.

If you haven’t already, check out this site (2L) for free downloads of classical music in a variety of hi res formats. I basically downloaded them all and the recording quality is quite excellent … the FS really shines with these. 👍

May 11, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #445 of 1,311
If you haven’t already, check out this site (2L) for free downloads of classical music in a variety of hi res formats. I basically downloaded them all and the recording quality is quite excellent … the FS really shines with these. 👍
Thanks! Will definitely check them out. :grin:

The exploration and experiment with FS continues.

May 11, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #446 of 1,311
Thanks! Will definitely check them out. :grin:

The exploration and experiment with FS continues.

The cool thing about this site besides offering its tracks for free is that each one can be downloaded in a wide variety of formats, e.g., DSD, MQA, DXD, Flac, etc, so one can compare the different hi res formats against each other.

May 11, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #447 of 1,311
64 audio are US based, but led by a very competitive Russian guy. Beyonce uses their IEMs! (u12t, to be precise). They also have the TIA driver. I hear their founder soooorta stole the APEX module from their previous employer; and then patented the hell out of their own TIA solution! Nothing wrong with a bit of inter-company backstabbing :)

So what's UM all about?
I apologize, but Vitaly Bilonozhko is not Russian. He, like his brothers, who later created Fir Audio, are Ukrainians. I hope you understand the difference.
Tia and APEX is different techs.
UM is a Chinese company, if I'm not mistaken, they have existed since 2007. Mason as the name of the top model is available since 2010 and was still only BA model. So I'm even a little sad that this is no longer the case.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #448 of 1,311
I apologize, but Vitaly Bilonozhko is not Russian. He, like his brothers, who later created Fir Audio, are Ukrainians. I hope you understand the difference.
Tia and APEX is different techs.
UM is a Chinese company, if I'm not mistaken, they have existed since 2007. Mason as the name of the top model is available since 2010 and was still only BA model. So I'm even a little sad that this is no longer the case.
Well FS is still BA mainly, but now “enhanced” with BCD. :)

May 11, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #449 of 1,311
Mason FS and P6 Pro are like born for each other... Just got the demo unit from Andrew today.

The overall control is much better. And their is this pairing magic. FS really reveals P6 Pro’s organic, coherent sound signature. It is still neutral, but now musical and SO real.

I am using P6 Pro alone with FS, and comparing this against M8+C9, M8 alone, N6ii +C9, and SP2000; this is also the ranking for how things sound with FS. SP2000 is at the bottom lol.

May 11, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #450 of 1,311
Mason FS and P6 Pro are like born for each other... Just got the demo unit from Andrew today.

The overall control is much better. And their is this pairing magic. FS really reveals P6 Pro’s organic, coherent sound signature. It is still neutral, but now musical and SO real.

I am using P6 Pro alone with FS, and comparing this against M8+C9, M8 alone, N6ii +C9, and SP2000; this is also the ranking for how things sound with FS. SP2000 is at the bottom lol.
Your doing it again, spidysense triggered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back