Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
Feb 5, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,306 of 1,311
Just sharing that I listed my beloved UM Mason Fabled Sound... Decided to buy a house and mortgage rates are a bit crazy, therefore I need to do some compromises. I didn't want to sell thou.

Feb 5, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #1,307 of 1,311
Just sharing that I listed my beloved UM Mason Fabled Sound... Decided to buy a house and mortgage rates are a bit crazy, therefore I need to do some compromises. I didn't want to sell thou.
hoping you the best man!

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #1,308 of 1,311
I had a lot of questions from people asking me about Fabled Sound vs Multiverse. That comparison, along with a detailed analysis and comparison to other flagships, all covered in my UM Mentor Multiverse review I just posted. Enjoy the read!

um_mm-00.jpg um_mm-19.jpg
um_mm-23.jpg um_mm-24.jpg

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:07 PM Post #1,309 of 1,311
both HP's and IEM's seem to have plateaued...although tunings may be different in more current versions nothing IMHO beats the "bird" or the fabled sound..much as I feel the same way about the susvara and abyss TC or sr1a...lots of offerings which one may like better subjectively but the big advances have tasken place over the past several years IMHO

Feb 9, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #1,310 of 1,311
both HP's and IEM's seem to have plateaued...although tunings may be different in more current versions nothing IMHO beats the "bird" or the fabled sound..much as I feel the same way about the susvara and abyss TC or sr1a...lots of offerings which one may like better subjectively but the big advances have tasken place over the past several years IMHO
Agree, I do not need a better bird or a better mason. XE6 and Trifecta started a new kind of sound in my opinion, something else entirely.
That applies if you want something else to inspire listening and exploring your library and new music.

Feb 9, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #1,311 of 1,311
There is actually one thing that is not often reached -- and the next level in my opinion. Only heard it several times in my life.

1. Orpheus or SR-009 on LST - a special transformer connecting estats to a loudspeaker amplifier. What I heard was instruments playing in the room, not from the headphones.

Second time I heard that was Hifiman Shangri-la (senior) a few years ago on CanJam London. Similar effect of sound exiting the headphones and playing in the room. As if the headphones were not there! Susvaras were like a baby headphone compared to this...

Note: I have not heard the newer Orpheus nor Warwick Acoutstics flagship and don't know if they also have this.

Second note: LST can't be purchased. There are only several individually made units in the world, and the guy who invented this is retired and looking for an entrepreneurial engineer to take over. I have not heard other loudspeaker transformers, but supposedly LST is made to be of much higher quality than them (that's what he says).

2. Similarly to above I have heard (just several times) loudspeakers where the sound was not coming from them, but as if the instruments were standing in the room. We can say that "the music was detached from the speakers". That's what I'm looking for building my system. Very rarely does this thing happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back