Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 14, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #481 of 1,311
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 14, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #482 of 1,311
For FS users/potential buyers, some interesting discussion for FS vs. Traillii is now happening in the Traillii thread. Don’t want to repost all the info, so please just visit that thread.

Post in thread 'Oriolus Traillii Electrostatic Hybrid IEM discussion thread'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ori...id-iem-discussion-thread.956460/post-16352728

Not very helpful honestly. I wonder if that dude even listened to the thing. Mysterious sounding IEM? Give me a break. It'd be less mysterious if you listen to them lol

Where's Crinacle and Android?

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #484 of 1,311
Not very helpful honestly. I wonder if that dude even listened to the thing. Mysterious sounding IEM? Give me a break. It'd be less mysterious if you listen to them lol

Patience it will take a bit of time for the truth to crystallize. It is doing that now on the Traillii still too early for the Mason FS and the variants no one has heard yet as far as I have read.

Hell not one of the reviewers besides Twister has given us any guidance on the bird let alone the Mason FS.

I really do appreciate the members hear that are the early adopters and take expensive chances chasing their dream, and than share it with us.

I am kind of interested in the Mason FS, I do like what I am hearing members saying about mids. Needing to replace cables though for thousands of dollars not feeling up for that at the moment.

May 14, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #485 of 1,311

Will share some more of my thoughts here later. :)

May 14, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #487 of 1,311
Is Mason Fusang UIEM to CIEM possible through resell service?
Can't afford it, but want to confirm:cry:
For the previous Mason V3 yes you can, at a fee. I think the same for FS, but Andrew @MusicTeck will be able to confirm.

May 14, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #488 of 1,311
Updated $4588
FuSung looks interesting. Do you know if outside of the different cable, does the different exterior shell have any potential sonic implications from the Fabled Sound variant? I imagine the driver set up implementation is same down to the bone (pun intended).

May 14, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #489 of 1,311
FuSung looks interesting. Do you know if outside of the different cable, does the different exterior shell have any potential sonic implications from the Fabled Sound variant? I imagine the driver set up implementation is same down to the bone (pun intended).
I’m also very curious about this….

May 14, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #490 of 1,311
You interested? :wink:

BTW, listening with M8 + FS now. Amazing.

May 14, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #491 of 1,311
I wonder if that dude even listened to the thing. Mysterious sounding IEM? Give me a break. It'd be less mysterious if you listen to them lol

Sorry, I specifically said I don't want to share impressions while my thoughts are still undercooked. I want to try the Mason FS with the L&P P6 Pro before (I hear the combo is amazing). And also with the PW Audio Orpheus cable. Both are in the mail. Thus far, what I'm hearing from my Cayin C9 (SS/A) is very unique and, yes, mysterious to me. This is presentation (and technology) that's very different from anything I've heard before. In a subtle and beautiful way. It's sophisticated, fine, illusive. The Trailli is easy to talk about, it sounds immediately impressive from a lot of sources: imagine an Estat/BA hybrid, of which there have been plenty before, with the biggest oblong shaped soundstage you've ever heard. There. That's the Trailli.

I don't think a lot of people have heard something like the Mason FS before. A full BC/BA design just hasn't been done. The surreal, tactile, beyond hi rez texture I get from instruments takes a long time to appreciate and put to words. People have compared it to fine wine. Sure -- but music isn't wine (liquid), it's psychological air :D The BC drivers create this full-spectrum thickness. Everything from treble to bass has tactile weight that's quite unprecedented. The note weight + texture detail creates an unprecedented analytical effect. It's so 3D I can rotate the soundstage elements in my mind, like the wireframe of a 3D program, revealing exquisite new textural information. The metallic rumble of a Fender Jazzmaster bass guitar... I can see the coiled shape of that fat D string. I can almost "see behind the corner" of the sound-object. I can pick the entire vocal up from the air and view it from all angles. I see the direction of the air leaving the singer's voice.

And, at the same time, it's a pretty boring IEM too. Sometimes it just sounds like a souped up u18t, with more note weight and a differently shaped soundstage. Then I think: am I drinking snake oil when I think this is the best IEM ever made (better than Trailli!) due to its "subtle and mysterious BC qualities"? Dunno...

That spherical soundstage, too, man... it's a strange thing. It can appear huge and intimate at the same time. Often elements -- due to that uncanny BC weight -- lack that classic sense of "air" between them. Yet they are tremendously well separated from each other, and ordered in a super coherent way. An unusually large number of elements appear "behind the ear" or "behind my head". I love this. Very enjoyable and, again, unique. But not in an in-your-face kind of way. The soundstage is a paradox. In some ways it's as large as the Trailli; in other ways it's disappointingly intimate. I think I really need to hear it on the P6 pro too.

The Mason is also quite source picky. The SP2000 is not a good source for it at all. The fit is another point of contention. It's absolutely 1000% perfect for my medium sized ears. I've never felt a universal this nice. It's poured in there. Molten into my ear. Soooo comfy! I prefer having it in my ear to not having it there. This works in tandem with Mason -- due to its cable (more on that later) -- also being an extremely un-fatiguing and smooth IEM. For all-day listening.

Yet my very small-eared girlfriend can't listen to the Mason FS at all! Sounds boomy and unusually weird to her -- probably because of the fit? I don't know if it's something to do with BC drivers...

So, in conclusion, it's either the greatest IEM ever made, the second greatest IEM ever made, or a weird experiment that's not for everyone -- I'll know in about a week- What I know is that I'm absolutely over the moon to have it. I feel extremely privileged to have this experience. My model says 0010 on it :D If money is not too much of an object to you, and you love IEMs, you should get it, just to be part of the avante garde.

Oh, and one more thing -- what I really came here to say:

IF YOU HAVE THE MASON FS AND THE TRAILLI, DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND TRY THE TRAILLI WITH THE MASON FS CABLE!

The Attila turns the Trailli into a Mason FS/Trailli hybrid. And it's best of both worlds! Mason midrange with Trailli soundstage. A midrange Trailli. Absolutely mind-blowing sound out of the C9. Radiohead's "Idioteque" f-n floors me on this. It's transcendent sound. I think the Mason's strange vocals -- people say you can feel the air leave the singer's mouth -- are 60% up to the cable. That insane midrange in general, comes from the IEM/cable interaction. The Attila is simply incredible. It pairs well with my u18t too. Again, if money's not an issue, the Mason FS is worth getting -- if only for the Attila cable. That mid-centric, almost vinyl-like analogue sound is to die for.

(Doing it the other way around, giving the Mason the Trailli cable, just makes the Mason bass to fat.)

I feel I really need to try this: P6 Pro -- pw Audio Orpheus -- Mason FS. It might be the most incredible texture analysis tool ever put in man's ear, yet also insanely dynamic. Audio at this level is about experimentation and patience, trying a lot of different combos and mulling things over. And I'm having an absolute BLAST doing this currently.

Damn... I just realize I started this by saying I don't wanna share too much impressions -- and then continued to share reams of impressions just as arcane and incinclusive sounding as the ones on the Trailli thread :D

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #492 of 1,311
Sorry, I specifically said I don't want to share impressions while my thoughts are still undercooked. I want to try the Mason FS with the L&P P6 Pro before (I hear the combo is amazing). And also with the PW Audio Orpheus cable. Both are in the mail. Thus far, what I'm hearing from my Cayin C9 (SS/A) is very unique and, yes, mysterious to me. This is presentation (and technology) that's very different from anything I've heard before. In a subtle and beautiful way. It's sophisticated, fine, illusive. The Trailli is easy to talk about, it sounds immediately impressive from a lot of sources: imagine an Estat/BA hybrid, of which there have been plenty before, with the biggest oblong shaped soundstage you've ever heard. There. That's the Trailli.

I don't think a lot of people have heard something like the Mason FS before. A full BC/BA design just hasn't been done. The surreal, tactile, beyond hi rez texture I get from instruments takes a long time to appreciate and put to words. People have compared it to fine wine. Sure -- but music isn't wine (liquid), it's psychological air :D The BC drivers create this full-spectrum thickness. Everything from treble to bass has tactile weight that's quite unprecedented. The note weight + texture detail creates an unprecedented analytical effect. It's so 3D I can rotate the soundstage elements in my mind, like the wireframe of a 3D program, revealing exquisite new textural information. The metallic rumble of a Fender Jazzmaster bass guitar... I can see the coiled shape of that fat D string. I can almost "see behind the corner" of the sound-object. I can pick the entire vocal up from the air and view it from all angles. I see the direction of the air leaving the singer's voice.

And, at the same time, it's a pretty boring IEM too. Sometimes it just sounds like a souped up u18t, with more note weight and a differently shaped soundstage. Then I think: am I drinking snake oil when I think this is the best IEM ever made (better than Trailli!) due to its "subtle and mysterious BC qualities"? Dunno...

That spherical soundstage, too, man... it's a strange thing. It can appear huge and intimate at the same time. Often elements -- due to that uncanny BC weight -- lack that classic sense of "air" between them. Yet they are tremendously well separated from each other, and ordered in a super coherent way. An unusually large number of elements appear "behind the ear" or "behind my head". I love this. Very enjoyable and, again, unique. But not in an in-your-face kind of way. The soundstage is a paradox. In some ways it's as large as the Trailli; in other ways it's disappointingly intimate. I think I really need to hear it on the P6 pro too.

The Mason is also quite source picky. The SP2000 is not a good source for it at all. The fit is another point of contention. It's absolutely 1000% perfect for my medium sized ears. I've never felt a universal this nice. It's poured in there. Molten into my ear. Soooo comfy! I prefer having it in my ear to not having it there. This works in tandem with Mason -- due to its cable (more on that later) -- also being an extremely un-fatiguing and smooth IEM. For all-day listening.

Yet my very small-eared girlfriend can't listen to the Mason FS at all! Sounds boomy and unusually weird to her -- probably because of the fit? I don't know if it's something to do with BC drivers...

So, in conclusion, it's either the greatest IEM ever made, the second greatest IEM ever made, or a weird experiment that's not for everyone -- I'll know in about a week- What I know is that I'm absolutely over the moon to have it. I feel extremely privileged to have this experience. My model says 0010 on it :D If money is not too much of an object to you, and you love IEMs, you should get it, just to be part of the avante garde.

Oh, and one more thing -- what I really came here to say:

IF YOU HAVE THE MASON FS AND THE TRAILLI, DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND TRY THE TRAILLI WITH THE MASON FS CABLE!

The Attila turns the Trailli into a Mason FS/Trailli hybrid. And it's best of both worlds! Mason midrange with Trailli soundstage. A midrange Trailli. Absolutely mind-blowing sound out of the C9. Radiohead's "Idioteque" f-n floors me on this. It's transcendent sound. I think the Mason's strange vocals -- people say you can feel the air leave the singer's mouth -- are 60% up to the cable. That insane midrange in general, comes from the IEM/cable interaction. The Attila is simply incredible. It pairs well with my u18t too. Again, if money's not an issue, the Mason FS is worth getting -- if only for the Attila cable. That mid-centric, almost vinyl-like analogue sound is to die for.

(Doing it the other way around, giving the Mason the Trailli cable, just makes the Mason bass to fat.)

I feel I really need to try this: P6 Pro -- pw Audio Orpheus -- Mason FS. It might be the most incredible texture analysis tool ever put in man's ear, yet also insanely dynamic. Audio at this level is about experimentation and patience, trying a lot of different combos and mulling things over. And I'm having an absolute BLAST doing this currently.

Damn... I just realize I started this by saying I don't wanna share too much impressions -- and then continued to share reams of impressions just as arcane and incinclusive sounding as the ones on the Trailli thread :D
Cheers mate, I can relate to almost all of what you said here!

Having the FS is a privilege and also a journey, completely agree with you on this. It is very source picky. It is very revealing. It makes you love/hate your source gear to the extent that you never thought you would, and sometimes that "hate" will go towards the FS too - why the FS is so freaking revealing?! what the heck is happening that this wonderful DAP I used to love now sounds terrible with such an expensive IEM???

Lots of experimentation, some with fun, some with frustration. I guess this is just the journey for the first adaptors, especially for such a picky IEM FS. I am glad that I have finally found my dear mate with her - P6P. A perfect combo of music control and fun tuning. The best ever pairing I have ever had to date.
B60DC46A-D14D-433B-BA87-64A8BDF30E9B.jpeg

May 14, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #495 of 1,311
Buyer's remorse is gonna be a bitch at that price.
I imagine the Fusang will have demo units available.

With the demo unit available, my genuine advice is please do NOT make a blind purchase!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back