Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #2,476 of 3,153
Just a quick addition / correction to yufeng's comments. The Miracles are best paired with a device with <2ohm output impedance. AK120 just gets over the line at 2 ohm (which is fine). DX50 & 100 are fine too.

My favorite pairing with the Miracles is the RWAK100 (modified AK100 for correct output impedance) because of small size, great capacity, UI and SQ. Other than price and playlist challenges RWAK100 is perfect (for my needs). Not saying it's better than DX50/100, just providing an extra option.

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #2,477 of 3,153
My Miracles arrived yesterday, 4 November. I ordered them in late August. The warranty card says they were manufactured on 11/5/2013, which is either before I ordered them or after they arrived, depending on how you read the date (US-style or Australian-style).

They got the artwork COMPLETELY wrong. Oh well.

The sound is just what I was expecting from the many great reviews here. In a word, marvellous. I haven't heard any other custom IEMs, so there's probably no point in my providing a detailed review. They are head and shoulders better than any universal IEM I've heard, including the Fischer Audio DBA-02 mark IIs and a universal version of the JH-13s.

They're not as good as full-sized electrostatics, especially in decay characteristics and in soundstage. I was sort of hoping they would be, but I guess that was always rather a vain hope!

Nov 5, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #2,478 of 3,153
I've just noticed that the warranty card makes it clear that the date is written in American style. So the listed date of manufacture is after I received them, but only by 1 day - I guess they're just being generous with the warranty, which is obviously good. It means I can't tell when they were actually manufactured, though. I thought that info might be of interest to the people who are still waiting to receive theirs.

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #2,480 of 3,153
I asked to have no writing or artwork on the phones. I asked that repeatedly and in writing, and got written confirmation. It was ignored - they say "unique melody miracle" or something, in gold lettering.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,481 of 3,153
My Miracles arrived yesterday, 4 November. I ordered them in late August. The warranty card says they were manufactured on 11/5/2013, which is either before I ordered them or after they arrived, depending on how you read the date (US-style or Australian-style).

They got the artwork COMPLETELY wrong. Oh well.

The sound is just what I was expecting from the many great reviews here. In a word, marvellous. I haven't heard any other custom IEMs, so there's probably no point in my providing a detailed review. They are head and shoulders better than any universal IEM I've heard, including the Fischer Audio DBA-02 mark IIs and a universal version of the JH-13s.

They're not as good as full-sized electrostatics, especially in decay characteristics and in soundstage. I was sort of hoping they would be, but I guess that was always rather a vain hope!

Electrostatics are in totally different league so it is hard to compare. I'm glad you've liked the sound.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #2,483 of 3,153
Along with my UM Miracles, I also have the SR-009's.
If I want to the hear the best from the Miracles , I use them with my GS-Xmk2, but even using them with the GS-Xmk2, they still don't sound as detailed and transparent as my SR-009's, ( my 009's are driven by the BHSE ) however, I find none of the songs in my collection sound bright with the UM Miracle / GS-Xmk2, but some do with my 009/BHSE.
I do really like the SQ via the Miracle/ GS-Xmk2 though.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #2,484 of 3,153
I can easily believe all that.

I'm looking forward to experimenting with the Miracles through good amps, for fun ... but I doubt I'll buy anything expensive for them. I mostly want them for portability and I don't want to carry an amp around. I would buy a desktop amp for them if there was any chance of them matching the Staxs, but that's looking unlikely.

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #2,485 of 3,153
I got the Miracles to mainly use with my Pico Slim/ iPod, which I do and they still sound very good, I just wanted to try them out with my GS-Xmk2, and that amp does improve on the SQ. ( the source I use with the GS-X is the K-01 )
However there's a huge price difference between the Pico Slim/ iPod and the GS-Xmk2 / K-01.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #2,488 of 3,153
I can recommend HiFiMan HM-901 if you want a one box portable solution. It also has a gorgeous line out, but the different built-in amps of your choice makes it a very versatile DAP. With Balanced amp card you can literally drive any IEM or headphone (except electrostatics of course).

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #2,489 of 3,153
I can recommend HiFiMan HM-901 if you want a one box portable solution. It also has a gorgeous line out, but the different built-in amps of your choice makes it a very versatile DAP. With Balanced amp card you can literally drive any IEM or headphone (except electrostatics of course).

Thank you for your suggestion LarsHP, but when I'm ready to possibly improve the SQ of my portable setup, I'd only be looking for a portable DAC.
Having said that, I find that the SQ is very good from just the UM Miracle / Pico Slim / iPod, so I'm not sure how much an improvement adding a DAC would be.

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #2,490 of 3,153
HM-901 does work as a portable DAC, but not for iDevices - only coaxial input. However, since it uses SDXC full size cards you can easily get as much lossless music on the go as you like. 128GB cards are sensibly priced now and 256GB is already on the market (but stupid expensive).

From reading peoples impressions I understand that HM-901 easily beats the portable iDevice compatible DACs.

It's line out SQ is nothing short of stunning. I compared it to my huge, 12.5Kg heavy Audio-gd Ref 7.1 DAC and it's so close I can't believe it.

I read that you have SR-009 and hoped the Miracle would be of comparable SQ, so I expect you to value SQ highly and this is where the 901 comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back