Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Mar 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #1,201 of 3,153
Quote:
Rule number one of the Custom Iem Club. You do not talk about the CIEM delay. You just buy other stuff in the meantine :)

Patlee is the one guy who said i am from UM. I have been annoyed with these suspicious people for a long time. It really bothers me when i want to say something good or something bad to comment certain companies. Maybe my words in PMs were aggressive, but at least at the end of my PM, i told him that i am sorry to be rude. And guess what? he finally wrote back, "Fxck you," and i even have no idea how to  continue our conversation.
Patlee's point also is very vague. He said JH's better bass and, deeper and widersoundstage over UM's cause UM's lose. He avoids other things such as highs, midrange, resolution, separation, etc. I don't know how he judges CIEMs. But according to his purchase on JH16 and focus on bass, i guess probably he is a basshead. So Miracle might not be his choice, and plus the delay, which is very common because mine is delayed due to Chinese customs. And he said "6 weeks from he ordered," it's not quite fair for UM to count down after you shipped them. Instead, i think you should count down from the moment UM receives your impressions. If your impressions like mine was blocked in Chinese customs for 1 or 2 weeks, do you still think 6 weeks is a long time to wait? UM maybe work on your CIEM and deliver it only spending 4 weeks, so you should do appreciate their hardworking. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #1,202 of 3,153
I honestly don't understand why the long time required for getting a set of UM customs is even talked about anymore in this thread.  If you can't deal with a wait time of at least a couples months, don't order from UM; it's well established that they're slow (often for reasons outside of their control, like shipping delays and customs.)  CIEM's take awhile, period, and UM is likely one of the slower companies.

(Note that I have my first set of CIEM's ever on order with UM, so I'm one of the people waiting right now!  My impressions shipped out two weeks ago, and if I have my Merlins in my possession before the end of May, I will be pleasantly surprised.)

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #1,203 of 3,153
Quote:
What seems to be the average turn around on these?
I`m off on hols in 6 weeks and would like some customs but would be a bit miffed it they turned up whilst I was on my hols.

I think it's supposed to be 5/6 weeks or 6/7 weeks if you order from theheadphonecompany.co.uk

But i think there's one guy on here that waited longer because of chinese new year.

I don't know if they ship your impressions out as soon as they receive them or if they save them up until they have a load and then ship them on to UM to save on postage.

There's a new page gone up recently from the headphonecompany.co.uk detailing how long it takes for certain brands door to door.
http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/orders.html

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,204 of 3,153
Patlee is the one guy who said i am from UM. I have been annoyed with these suspicious people for a long time. It really bothers me when i want to say something good or something bad to comment certain companies. Maybe my words in PMs were aggressive, but at least at the end of my PM, i told him that i am sorry to be rude. And guess what? he finally wrote back, "Fxck you," and i even have no idea how to  continue our conversation.
Patlee's point also is very vague. He said JH's better bass and, deeper and widersoundstage over UM's cause UM's lose. He avoids other things such as highs, midrange, resolution, separation, etc. I don't know how he judges CIEMs. But according to his purchase on JH16 and focus on bass, i guess probably he is a basshead. So Miracle might not be his choice, and plus the delay, which is very common because mine is delayed due to Chinese customs. And he said "6 weeks from he ordered," it's not quite fair for UM to count down after you shipped them. Instead, i think you should count down from the moment UM receives your impressions. If your impressions like mine was blocked in Chinese customs for 1 or 2 weeks, do you still think 6 weeks is a long time to wait? UM maybe work on your CIEM and deliver it only spending 4 weeks, so you should do appreciate their hardworking. 

Do not let it get to you, maybe he is honest, maybe not, the important thing is that you should enjoy the Miracles as they correspond to what you like. I have them and several other top tier Iems now, and I love them.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #1,205 of 3,153
Quote:
I've been waiting 9 weeks and I'm in the UK.  My Miracles haven't been shipped yet so I'm looking at at least 10 - 12 weeks total. Go on holiday! 

That was a long wait!
Did you order from Stephen Guo / Custom-Iem? He asks you to send the impressions directly to UM lab in China instead of UM Global / Australia or something, which may very well make a delay. Or maybe you where unlucky with the Chinese new year?

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #1,206 of 3,153
Quote:
Quote:
Rule number one of the Custom Iem Club. You do not talk about the CIEM delay. You just buy other stuff in the meantine :)

Don't let this bother you Alias....I love my JH16's. My good friend Saraguie loves his Miracles...We're both right! I can't imagine being disappointed if I owned the Miracles.

beerchug.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,210 of 3,153
Quote:
That was a long wait!
Did you order from Stephen Guo / Custom-Iem? He asks you to send the impressions directly to UM lab in China instead of UM Global / Australia or something, which may very well make a delay. Or maybe you where unlucky with the Chinese new year?

I didn't go via custom-iem, I ordered mine through a UK distributor, who sent them to Aus and then because of CNY there was a 4 week delay. Who's knows when they might show up.  I've asked UM global for an update or ETA and didn't get a response.  I dont know how long I should wait until filing a claim.  If I haven't received them after 12 weeks then perhaps that's the only option as I'm $950 down, with no information regarding their current status. Hopefully it won't resort to that, but I am a little miffed to say the least!

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #1,211 of 3,153
Quote:

I didn't go via custom-iem, I ordered mine through a UK distributor, who sent them to Aus and then because of CNY there was a 4 week delay. Who's knows when they might show up.  I've asked UM global for an update or ETA and didn't get a response.  I dont know how long I should wait until filing a claim.  If I haven't received them after 12 weeks then perhaps that's the only option as I'm $950 down, with no information regarding their current status. Hopefully it won't resort to that, but I am a little miffed to say the least!

I'm sure you'll have the right to cancel under the distance selling regulations if they never show up.

Mar 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,213 of 3,153
I think it's supposed to be 5/6 weeks or 6/7 weeks if you order from theheadphonecompany.co.uk

But i think there's one guy on here that waited longer because of chinese new year.

I don't know if they ship your impressions out as soon as they receive them or if they save them up until they have a load and then ship them on to UM to save on postage.

There's a new page gone up recently from the headphonecompany.co.uk detailing how long it takes for certain brands door to door.
http://www.custom-inearmonitors.co.uk/orders.html

Thanks. All of our orders, for all customers and all brands are handled individually. Once we receive a set of impressions and we are happy that they have the required detail they are immediately shipped to the manufacturer (we pay the shipping also). In the case of UM we also ship direct to the lab, only during CNY do we ship via UMG in Aus. This is the safest option and of course stops them being held back for 2 weeks at ours...

We never batch ship unless multiple impressions naturally arrive with us at the same time...

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #1,215 of 3,153
Quote:

Quote:

Don't let this bother you Alias....I love my JH16's. My good friend Saraguie loves his Miracles...We're both right! I can't imagine being disappointed if I owned the Miracles.

beerchug.gif

I do indeed.  I think you will not be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back