Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Mar 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #1,081 of 3,153
Quote:
Ok then.
I think nobody is clear how many percentages of refit in UM Lab. And I am pretty sure you have no idea about the exact possibility for refit either. So how are you so sure and "once again that is not true"?
And there are a lot of people feel uncomfortable with their CIEM but still have no idea what they should do with it. They should have taken a refit. These exceptions even are not collected.
I'd love to ask Stephen Guo, if he is willing to answer me this question.

Sorry.
I really don't think what i said is  " such strong recommendations." You are exaggerating too much, man.
I have already declared that was my friend's opinion and feeling. None of these were based on mine.
So just try to make some possible choices for Wolf according to Wolf's requirements.
The one who makes the final decision will always and must be himself.
And I am NOT working for Tralucent Audio. 

I do not know what the share of good / bad fit is. And even if I did, I would not talk about it, because there are too many potential reasons. The first one being bad prints. Then some people think they have a bad fit but they just do no know how to put them. So once again, I am not working for UM so I do not care, but your quote will lead people to think UM have more fit issues than others...and you have strictly no idea.

I am sorry if you think I am exagerating. But there is a misleading phenomenom here on headfi. One person say: "I think X about heaphone Y". Then many people repeat it without owning headphone Y, and headphone Y gets a reputation. And then you find out that the first person to say just listened to it for 10 mn. So basically when you read the thread you think 100 people think X about headphone Y, while actually only one person thinks like that, and is not even sure.

Sorry if that sounded aggressive.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #1,082 of 3,153
Quote:
Quote:
Ok then.
I think nobody is clear how many percentages of refit in UM Lab. And I am pretty sure you have no idea about the exact possibility for refit either. So how are you so sure and "once again that is not true"?
And there are a lot of people feel uncomfortable with their CIEM but still have no idea what they should do with it. They should have taken a refit. These exceptions even are not collected.
I'd love to ask Stephen Guo, if he is willing to answer me this question.

Sorry.
I really don't think what i said is  " such strong recommendations." You are exaggerating too much, man.
I have already declared that was my friend's opinion and feeling. None of these were based on mine.
So just try to make some possible choices for Wolf according to Wolf's requirements.
The one who makes the final decision will always and must be himself.
And I am NOT working for Tralucent Audio. 

I do not know what the share of good / bad fit is. And even if I did, I would not talk about it, because there are too many potential reasons. The first one being bad prints. Then some people think they have a bad fit but they just do no know how to put them. So once again, I am not working for UM so I do not care, but your quote will lead people to think UM have more fit issues than others...and you have strictly no idea.

I am sorry if you think I am exagerating. But there is a misleading phenomenom here on headfi. One person say: "I think X about heaphone Y". Then many people repeat it without owning headphone Y, and headphone Y gets a reputation. And then you find out that the first person to say just listened to it for 10 mn. So basically when you read the thread you think 100 people think X about headphone Y, while actually only one person thinks like that, and is not even sure.

Sorry if that sounded aggressive.

+1....Not aggressive, that is how it works around here sometimes....

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #1,083 of 3,153
Quote:
I'll report back in June. Only have about $585 at the moment.

I recommend you read some reviews of the heir audio 4a. I think they sound amazing and they may have the sort of signature you're after......well worth a look 
wink_face.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #1,084 of 3,153
Quote:
Quote:
I'll report back in June. Only have about $585 at the moment.

I recommend you read some reviews of the heir audio 4a. I think they sound amazing and they may have the sort of signature you're after......well worth a look 
wink_face.gif

I was actually looking at them today, but the 4.Ai. I'm thinking of getting those AND a Glenn OTL amp
redface.gif

Mar 18, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #1,087 of 3,153
I'm really concerned with having to need reshells. I got my impressions done at a UM certified place so will I end up needing reshells? I've seen a lot of people on this thread needing to send them back and wait over a month to get them back again.

Mar 18, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #1,088 of 3,153
I'm really concerned with having to need reshells. I got my impressions done at a UM certified place so will I end up needing reshells? I've seen a lot of people on this thread needing to send them back and wait over a month to get them back again.

Not necessarily. It all depends on the quality of the impressions. UM do the best they can with whatever the impressions are.

In my experience, the problem is us moving or talking during imps. Audiologists probably should specify the importance of staying still, but it's not a reflection on the CIEMs or their manufacturer.

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,089 of 3,153
I didn't talk, but the audiologist didn't give me a bite block for the first 30 seconds or so. I had them taken at Melbourne Audiology Centre so I should be alright? Where did you take yours since you are also in Melbourne and did not need a reshell?

Mar 18, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #1,090 of 3,153
I went to MAC too. Had bite block, but I think I looked down and talked (if you can call it that with bite block in mouth). Left side was perfect as it came second and we were extra careful because I know my left canal is a tad tricky. Right is being remade now.

Which audiologist did you see? I saw Leanne first time, forgot second one, but think it was a name beginning with F.

Mar 18, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #1,091 of 3,153
I didn't have a biting block in the beginning either, but got it while the impressions were solidifying. Didn't need a refit
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back