Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #842 of 3,153
boy...this is tough deciding what colour to go for!

Are recessed or exposed connections preferred - I assume if only using the stock cable the recessed ones are the way to go for a more secure connection?

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #843 of 3,153
Quote:
boy...this is tough deciding what colour to go for!

Are recessed or exposed connections preferred - I assume if only using the stock cable the recessed ones are the way to go for a more secure connection?

IMO normally recessed sockets are preferred - more secure connection and much less chance of pin breakage. I have seen some cases where broken pins got stuck so deep in the sockets that they could not be taken out, rendering the earpieces unusable.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #844 of 3,153
Anyone that has sent their impressions to UM Lab in China from the States:

How much did it cost, and what shipping packaging/method did you use?

UPS and Fedex's pricings for a 0.5lb box to their lab seems quite ridiculous and sometimes hit the triple digits...

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #845 of 3,153
Quote:
Anyone that has sent their impressions to UM Lab in China from the States:

How much did it cost, and what shipping packaging/method did you use?

UPS and Fedex's pricings for a 0.5lb box to their lab seems quite ridiculous and sometimes hit the triple digits...

I used USPS registered mail at 12 dollars.
If you want to send by unregistered, that will be a lot cheaper.

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #846 of 3,153
Quote:
wish i had waited now, i paid full price 
confused.gif

Just a quick word, the old Uniquemelody UK website is not a part of, nor supported by UM Global.  We will be updating our global website to make this very clear to our potential clients in the UK.  We do not want history to repeat itself!  

Our ONLY  authorised representatives in the UK are www.theheadphonecompany.co.uk.  

You can take two guesses at who is running the .co.uk website here

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #847 of 3,153
Quote:
Just a quick word, the old Uniquemelody UK website is not a part of, nor supported by UM Global.  We will be updating our global website to make this very clear to our potential clients in the UK.  Our ONLY  authorised representatives in the UK are www.theheadphonecompany.co.uk.  

You can take two guesses at who is running the .co.uk website here

Makes sense, i did wonder how they got my email address, AmpCity had me on their mailing list too, too much of a coincidence 
ph34r.gif

Good job i ordered from theheadphonecompany in that case.

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #848 of 3,153
whois record shows that both domains are registered by same user

http://www.whois.com/whois/uniquemelody.co.uk

http://www.whois.com/whois/ampcity.co.uk

ampcity.co.uk = uniquemelody.co.uk.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #849 of 3,153
Do not touch them with a bargepole. Ampcity UK were terrible and no one should rely on that changing. It took 3 months+ for me to get my merlins through ampcity and they continuously ignored emails and phone calls during that period. When they did respond they blamed um labs but I remain convinced that it was because they hadn't sent my impressions in the first place. I certainly was not alone in receiving this type of customer service. Be warned!

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #850 of 3,153
[size=medium]Hi Guys,

We are genuinely sorry for any inconvenience that AmpCity caused before. Obviously this may not mean much given your bad experiences of before. To clarify, we have taken certain team members who were shining through from the AmpCity team and therefore, some of their old resources. There were some “bad apples” who were part of the team and responsible for customer service before. They were part of the original team and had a share in the company, but did not pull their weight with customer service. We have started fresh and would request you guys give us a chance.

We’re now under new management with new principles and a clear directive. Our website, our branding is nothing like AmpCity or even Global. We work directly with the Unique Melody Labs who are the suppliers of all your customs. UM Global is a distributor like us with no official control over distribution agreements with the Labs. They simply sell to The Headphone Company who sell to you. Nonetheless we realise the only way to convince customers is not through a statement but by plugging away with great customer service and customs for years to come :).

Samee - UMUK Team
[/size]

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #851 of 3,153
Quote:
[size=medium]Hi Guys,

We are genuinely sorry for any inconvenience that AmpCity caused before. Obviously this may not mean much given your bad experiences of before. To clarify, we have taken certain team members who were shining through from the AmpCity team and therefore, some of their old resources. There were some “bad apples” who were part of the team and responsible for customer service before. They were part of the original team and had a share in the company, but did not pull their weight with customer service. We have started fresh and would request you guys give us a chance.

We’re now under new management with new principles and a clear directive. Our website, our branding is nothing like AmpCity or even Global. We work directly with the Unique Melody Labs who are the suppliers of all your customs. UM Global is a distributor like us with no official control over distribution agreements with the Labs. They simply sell to The Headphone Company who sell to you. Nonetheless we realise the only way to convince customers is not through a statement but by plugging away with great customer service and customs for years to come :).

Samee - UMUK Team
[/size]

Hi Samee,

To be honest, I'm not that much clear about the whole dealing with AmpCity. All I've heard from word of mouth is that the CS used to be normal before it took a turn for the worst. Being a potential UM customer in the UK, I understand that you've taken much efforts to wash away all that mud from AmpCity and start anew and it would be hasty to bash you prematurely before giving you at least a chance to prove yourself, but still there are concerns I wish to be made clear before I can confidently entrust my money in your hand:

1) You mentioned that you worked directly with the China Labs to supply our customs. Does that translate to your being an official distributor in the UK, or just an agent company that is in charge of all the dealings back and forth with the UM Labs? Can you elaborate on this part?

2) Also on the website, you have stated that you have teamed up with audiologists to provide a coherent and consistent service where they'll take ear impressions and also do the packaging and shipping at a flat rate. Are they aware of the collaboration? Should I mention about it when speaking to them? How much would the fees be?

3) There are some inconsistency in prices stated on the site - for example the Merlin starts at 575, but at the customisation page the grand total is actually 550! Also, with the use of a RAL colour code, does this mean that we can virtually pick any colours we desire as long as they exist?

Thanks for reading.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #852 of 3,153
Hi Samee,

To be honest, I'm not that much clear about the whole dealing with AmpCity. All I've heard from word of mouth is that the CS used to be normal before it took a turn for the worst. Being a potential UM customer in the UK, I understand that you've taken much efforts to wash away all that mud from AmpCity and start anew and it would be hasty to bash you prematurely before giving you at least a chance to prove yourself, but still there are concerns I wish to be made clear before I can confidently entrust my money in your hand:

1) You mentioned that you worked directly with the China Labs to supply our customs. Does that translate to your being an official distributor in the UK, or just an agent company that is in charge of all the dealings back and forth with the UM Labs? Can you elaborate on this part?

2) Also on the website, you have stated that you have teamed up with audiologists to provide a coherent and consistent service where they'll take ear impressions and also do the packaging and shipping at a flat rate. Are they aware of the collaboration? Should I mention about it when speaking to them? How much would the fees be?

3) There are some inconsistency in prices stated on the site - for example the Merlin starts at 575, but at the customisation page the grand total is actually 550! Also, with the use of a RAL colour code, does this mean that we can virtually pick any colours we desire as long as they exist?

Thanks for reading.

[size=medium]Hi there,

Thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt so far. I understand we need to clarify a few features that recently came up through the website.

1) That’s right, we are an official distributor for the UK, directly authorised by UM Labs. As with UM Global we both have a direct working relationship with the labs. The Headphone Company, under the sort of terms you were asking about, is an agent working under UM Global. I hope this clarifies things for you!

2) We are currently in contact with all the Audiologists listed on our website, who have agreed to participate in our trial run of the service. However, please do bear in mind that this is a trial run in London only right now, so there may be some kinks in the system. We are actively working to develop a comprehensive network of audiologists throughout the UK if all things go smoothly here.

The provisional agreement we have is for a flat rate of £35 for both ears including shipping and packaging. We felt that this was the most convenient compromise with cost and convenience to bring our customers the best possible experience. Overall its aiming in getting high quality impressions to ensure the best fit and to create faster turnarounds with Audiologists familiar to our processes. As I said, this is currently a trial run and we are still in talks with the Audiologists to work out all the logistics.

3) Apologies for the confusion regarding pricing, as the website’s just launched, there are a few kinks in our system which we’ve been ironing out. The correct pricing should now have updated. Just to clarify, the base price for the Merlin is £550.

That’s right, we’re currently using a colour code system, whereby we will try our best to match any selected colour. We don’t guarantee colours due to the nature of the manufacturing process, but I can assure you that we’re very good at getting the shade you want spot on!

If you have any more specific questions at all, do feel free to get in touch with us via email and a member of our team will be happy to help you out.

Samee - UMUK Team
[/size]

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #853 of 3,153
Thanks a bunch for clarifying, Samee. I think it's great that you could keep the whole process consistent, especially on the audiologists' end - taking ear impressions can sometimes prove to be quite a pain in the rear end.

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #854 of 3,153
what is the deal with ampcity? can anyone tell me :p 

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #855 of 3,153
Quote:
Thanks a bunch for clarifying, Samee. I think it's great that you could keep the whole process consistent, especially on the audiologists' end - taking ear impressions can sometimes prove to be quite a pain in the rear end.

No problem. If there's anything else we can do, to improve our service be sure to let us know :). Sorry Shini44 I can't comment on that anymore so than above. We're just looking ahead to the future now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back