Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #736 of 3,153
Quote:
Quote:
How much time were on the HD800's? I have found they need some break in time...(200+ hours or so)

It was a demo unit in a shop, so I don't know, but I think they had it for quite a while. I compared HD800, HE-6, LCD-2, LCD-3 and TH900. From brightest to darkest it was: HD800, HE-6, TH900, LCD-2, LCD-3. In other words: HD800 is WAY too bright (too much treble and too little bass), HE-6 has too much treble, TH900 is balanced, but with a V-shaped freq curve and a dry treble, LCD-2 has too little upper mids and treble, and LCD-3 has WAY too little upper mids and treble.

I didn't have the Miracle at that time, but in terms of frequency response it would probably be a clear winner in this high end full size company. By winner I mean having an almost flat frequency response. To me, Miracle has a slightly V-shaped frequency response, but when I say slightly here, I really mean slightly - like barely noticeable. Maybe it is only a slight (sub) bass boost. This however is when driven by Soloist, which has less than 1 Ohm output impedance. Using the HM-801 with GAME amp (having 32 Ohm output impedance), it has noticeably less bass and also a little more treble.

In other words, the sound signature / frequency response will be determined somewhat by the output impedance of the amp. This is allegedly because it is a multi BA IEM.

Interesting....I am listening to HD800's right now...(Latest purchase..
biggrin.gif
 ) They are not bright. They are very clean. I am currently listening to Steely Dan's Jack of Speed in 24/192 FLAC they are VERY detailed. Terrific soundstage and a solid tight Bass line. High Hat and cymbals are crisp and clean. 

Fun with audio is YMMV...Lovin' the HD800's here!

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #739 of 3,153
I was amazed to read that about AK100. Why make a high end portable player that doesn't suit the best portable listening devices?

That's where DX100 got it right.

Anyone know output impedance of Cowon X7?
I used to own the X7, sq is good but nowhere near as good as the dx100. Plus no line out. The z2 sounds the same and is smaller and with much better UI.

Feb 11, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #740 of 3,153
Quote:
What are you driving them with Longbowbbs? Straight from laptop or via DAC/amp?

FLAC>JRiver 18>Audioquest Dragonfly>HD800....Running at about 90% of the DF's amp capability for a really comfortable volume level. I won't be home until Thursday night to jack into the CSP2+ and the W4S DAC-2....Can't wait!

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #743 of 3,153
Quote:
I have the Tralucent T1 amplifier (sorry to bring another "T1" into the mix!)

The Tralucent T1 has output impedance of around 0.1-0.2 ohm so it pairs beautifully with anything. It has the slightest hint of colouration (in much the same way as the Miracles have a hint of V-shape signature), but overall the T-T1 is transparent and smooth and makes the Miracles sound the best of anything else I've used them with (mostly due to impedance matching).

I've tried the Miracles with various USB-powered DACs attached to my laptop and am currently awaiting the return of my Miracles to test the Audioquest Dragonfly which is rated for IEMs down below 15 ohms. I've also connected it to my Cowon X7, iPod 5.5G, and Audio-gd NFB-5.2. Nothing comes close to the T-T1.

Of course, there are other amps out there which will do an equal or better job, but the T-T1 is amazing for its price (<$300) and performance combination.

Nice to see another portable amp mentioned that isn't widely discussed. I was curious to learn more about this amp but unfortunately their web page has no specifications or measurements that I can see. Can't buy an amp based on a short description.

Feb 12, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #744 of 3,153
Nice to see another portable amp mentioned that isn't widely discussed. I was curious to learn more about this amp but unfortunately their web page has no specifications or measurements that I can see. Can't buy an amp based on a short description.

Contact Gavin, the mail for contact is on the website...e is ve reactive and helpful. Got myself aT1, as well as many other things from them...will let you guys know in a few weeks...

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #745 of 3,153
Still wondering how good the UM artworks are.
Are they delicate enough?
I have already checked all pictures in the gallery of UM website and Headfi.
But hardly can find any Full HD Multi-Color artworks.
Even though there are some, they are just very simple imagines not complicated enough.
However, i choses two very delicate anime imagines.
Hope their artworks are good as i think.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #746 of 3,153
I'm joining the UM Miracle club soon 
gs1000.gif

Ordered a pair from theheadphonecompany.co.uk

Just waiting on a phone call from them now so they can tell me where my nearest audiologist is to get my impressions done, and to decide on what colours i want.

Cost £699

Don't know how much impressions are going to cost, anyone from the UK had impressions done and can give me a rough idea on price?

I'm looking forward to finally having a truly high-end listening experiance 
L3000.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #747 of 3,153
They're BACK!!!

My UMMs just arrived after their refit and so far so good. The right and left feel a bit different, but I can't break the seal with movement so I'm happy and will no doubt get used to the feel of the thicker stem/tube on the right earpiece in no time.

popcorn.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #749 of 3,153
Nice to hear there back Loquah, I know its hard  without the Miracle around. Main thing is to get it fit right with a good seal. Your ears will adapt to the changes quickly. Especially soundwise .  Did you get your cable in yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back