Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #601 of 3,153
Took these one month ago, are they fine? or i should re take.

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #603 of 3,153
Ok, it's a long complaint. 
I am totally disappointed at my audiologist.
They are just useless. Every single time, my ear impressions failed for some very stupid reasons, even though they had read the instructions.
Maybe i should really take a look after the impression were done. But i am not a professor on it, still can't tell my impressions were good or not.
Here are the things happened in last two weeks.
Last time, they used a very wrong material and kept talking to me, so i answered back and apparently moved my jaws. Ok, this is partly my fault.
And then, i took second time yesterday. Generously, they didn't charge me for anything. Making a big progress, they used the right material, i used a highlighter as a bite block, and i kept my jaws still.
However, the audiologist didn't insert deep enough, i think. At least, i can't see the second canal of my left (or right) ear impression. OMG, God pls help me!

A:
this one seems not inserting deep enough.

B:
I can see the second canal in this picture. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #604 of 3,153
Quote:
Ok, it's a long complaint. 
They are just useless. Every single time, my ear impressions failed for some very stupid reasons, even though they had read the instructions.
Maybe i should really take a look after the impression were done. But i am not a professor on it, still can't tell my impressions were good or not.
Last time, they used a very wrong material and kept talking to me, so i answered back and apparently moved my jaws. Ok, this is partly my fault.
And then, i took second time yesterday. Generously, they didn't charge me for anything. Making a big progress, they used the right material, i used a highlighter as a bite block, and i kept my jaws still.
However, the audiologist didn't insert deep enough, i think. At least, i can't see the second canal of my left (or right) ear impression. OMG, God pls help me!

A:

B:

I have not seen so ugly impression in my life .
where do you live Gu ?

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #605 of 3,153
Quote:
where do you live Gu ?

I love you Rudi 
beerchug.gif

Feb 3, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #607 of 3,153
Just received my reshelled JH16 Pro and reshelled/upgraded TF10x6 from UM last week! It was done beautifully! The process itself took over a month, but I can say it is well worth it for the craftsmanship. 

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #608 of 3,153
[quote="Alias].Ok, it's a long complaint. 

A:

B:

[/quote]

Not judging by the pictures but more by your audiologist attitude: letting you talk during ? The guy does not know what he is doing. Mine was always directive and precise, sure of himself...you should definitely change audiologist

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #609 of 3,153
Quote:
Not judging by the pictures but more by your audiologist attitude: letting you talk during ? The guy does not know what he is doing. Mine was always directive and precise, sure of himself...you should definitely change audiologist

I don't think they do a lot ear impressions for people. So it's easy to understand that they wouldn't know the impressions are for CIEM. 
I have spent about five minutes helping them understand the whole process of making a CIEM and what a CIEM is.
Whatever, finally they were just surprised by the $950 Miracles and called those CIEM only worth 70 bucks.
I mean the first audiologist is just all right. At least, she made a perfect impression, even though she talked to me a lot.
The second one know how to do but just did very wrong. 
Haha
Anyway, UM lab will open in Feb 14, so i don't need to hurry up.

BTW, unfortunately, that is the only available place for ear impressions. If I find another one far away from my host's house, that will be  extra 50 bucks for her to send me there.
And you are right. People who are taking the impression should really just get a bite block and sit very still. I can tell some differences between my first and second impressions. Those nuances seem just unnecessary to take impressions again, but they might charge you much more money and time to refit.

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #610 of 3,153
Quote:
where do you live Gu ?

haha
IDK what happened on me.
Just feel despondent and exhausted by those useless.
I am a Chinese student studying in U.S for several years and just getting a college offer! 
Cheer. High school life will end very soon.
Now living in Virginia, the United States.
I know this is kinda lonely place. That might be the reason why i can't find even one qualified audiologist just for making average CIEM impressions 

Feb 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #611 of 3,153
haha
IDK what happened on me.
I am a Chinese student studying in U.S for several years and just getting a college offer! 
I know this is kinda lonely place. That might be the reason why i can't find even one qualified audiologist just for CIEM impressions 

You should come back to China, I have a great one in Shanghai :)

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #614 of 3,153
Quote:
haha
IDK what happened on me.
I know this is kinda lonely place. That might be the reason why i can't find even one qualified audiologist just for making average CIEM impressions 

I had 2 sets done this week. Getting a Re-shell for my T1's (I used an impression that was too old and it did not fit well) and a second for a new pair of JH16's. But I had to drive over 350 miles to find an Audiologist who knew what they were doing.

Feb 3, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #615 of 3,153
Quote:
I had 2 sets done this week. Getting a Re-shell for my T1's (I used an impression that was too old and it did not fit well) and a second for a new pair of JH16's. But I had to drive over 350 miles to find an Audiologist who knew what they were doing.

Mine just not deep enough.
Anyway, if i ask my host to do so, she might charge me for a thousand dollars.
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back