Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #467 of 3,153
yes! Pics pics pics pleaaaaase 
beerchug.gif
 because you can listen to them later! 
popcorn.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #469 of 3,153
haha, but thats what you call power! You do whatever you want, and they do your work! And if they give you looks, yell at them and slam the door! If you have an open space, kick in your table or throw your coffee cup around.....VERY effective.....

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #471 of 3,153
Quote:
I'll try that :) But I might take the pics in the morning, better light ! You can see two different designs as I will compare with my pair of Shure SE530X6

Can't wait!!!

Meanwhile, I have struck my first slight disappointment with the UM customer service (UM Australia specifically).

After sending back my Miracles for their refit (right ear not sealing perfectly), I emailed UM Aus with a couple of questions to help me complete a thorough review on my blog and haven't heard a peep.

I found the answer to my first question so I've emailed them (Wednesday) and asked my second question again - "what is involved in adding some extra acrylic to the existing shell for the refit?" and also asked for a status update on the job. After two days, nothing. Not even a "we'll find out and get back to you". It's a shame after such awesome customer service to date.

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #472 of 3,153
2Quote:

Can't wait!!!

Meanwhile, I have struck my first slight disappointment with the UM customer service (UM Australia specifically).

After sending back my Miracles for their refit (right ear not sealing perfectly), I emailed UM Aus with a couple of questions to help me complete a thorough review on my blog and haven't heard a peep.

I found the answer to my first question so I've emailed them (Wednesday) and asked my second question again - "what is involved in adding some extra acrylic to the existing shell for the refit?" and also asked for a status update on the job. After two days, nothing. Not even a "we'll find out and get back to you". It's a shame after such awesome customer service to date.

C'mon man don't bust our balls over this. We're sorry for the silence.  Right now we're pretty swamped helping clients fix problems, place orders or get their IEM's made, especially with Chinese New Year coming up.  Would you rather us Our focus right now is on getting your orders and refits kicking along the chain before UM In China disappear for 10 days or at the cost of spending time writing to the numerous bloggers and reviewers that email us and ask us how we UM do what we they do? 

When we get around to it, which we will, we'll email you the answer to your curious questions.  We have to prioritise here and our priority is to get IEM's in people's ears above all else. unfortunately not to write extensive answers to our clients about our own, somewhat confidential processes (that every manufacturer has) but to get awesome custom made IEM's out and into the ears of those that want them.  

Honestly, theres not much more to it other than adding a few layers of acrylic onto your existing canal as we've already expressed.  It's a shame that this matters to you enough to publicly have a go at us. Mate, it's been a long and hectic week and we're trying to do right by our clients so we beg for your patience.  Since we've already started typing out this response, and it's Friday, 7:35PM and we are in no form to leave work any time soon, here is an explanation for all to see.

Question: What’s involved in the re-fit (you mentioned adding a couple of layers of acrylic to the sound tube, etc.)? Just a brief description would be awesome if possible. 

When a client is having a fit issue whereby the IEM occasionally break seal during certain head/neck movements our first response will always be to check to see if the rest of the IEM is comfortable.  After ascertaining that the Helix Lock, and the shell is comfortable we would expect that the issue lies in a slightly loose fit at the entrance of the ear canal.

To overcome this, rather than rebuild the entire IEM, we would look at thickening the ear canal.  To do this, UM would use a clear top coat acrylic which goes over the top of all of their IEM's, giving them that great sheen and glass like polish.  Not all companies spend as meticulously long polishing and grinding this layer into a perfectly uniform coat.  UM do this very well, which is why their IEM's always look great.  

Step 1- Additional Acrylic is added to the tip.

Step 2- IEM is loaded onto the acrylic curing rotator.

Step 3 - IEM is cured in the UV Chamber

Step 4 - Grind, polish, BUFF.  Rinse and repeate steps 1 through 4 until happy.

*edited with information and pictures added and reworded to be a bit more mild mannered. It's Friday night. Please accept our apologies, we mean no offense. Leaving our initial response up for context (despite it being rude!, We're sorry!) :)

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #475 of 3,153
Quote:

C'mon man don't bust our balls over this.  We're pretty swamped helping clients fix problems, place orders or get their IEM's made, especially with Chinese New Year coming up.  Would you rather us get your order or refit kicking along the chain before China disappear for 10 days or spend time writing to the numerous bloggers and reviewers that email us and ask us how we do what we do? 

When we get around to it, which we will, we'll email you the answer to your curious questions.  We have to prioritise here and our priority is unfortunately not to write extensive answers to our clients about our own, somewhat confidential processes (that every manufacturer has).  Honestly, theres not much more to it other than adding a few layers of acrylic onto your existing canal.  It's a shame that this matters to you enough to publicly have a go at us.

However stupid or anoying you think they are, something you should never do is publicly have a go at a client, and especially not in these vulguar terms, and especially not when this client's words were so soft: "slight disapointment." CIEMs are a luxury product, so clients should be treated accordingly.

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #476 of 3,153
Quote:
What are your gears with the Miracles?

Sorry I had not seen your post. My equipment is DX100 > Beat Audio Chronus Cable > Miracle

or DX100 > SXC 22 Mini to Mini > ALO Continental V3 > Beat Audio Chronus Cable > Miracle, but this has to wait for the Continental to burn in, the hiss right now is pretty high.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #477 of 3,153
I have a pair of Shure SE530x6 from UM. I'm in the UK and had big hassels with UM's UK distributor at the time (AmpCity). When I read UM threads I was really jealous of the Customer Service those in Aus and NZ were getting as it seemed that any quieres were responed to quickly and efficiently. My problem was that I felt ignored and that made me angry as I had spent a lot of money and was asking legit questions which if the service had been adequate I would not have needed to ask.
If I had received the public response above (after a 'gentle' enquiry) I would have been tempted to cancel my order. Having said that however, the product is brilliant.
I have been using Heir 8As for a while but have had to send them off for repair (my fault) so have been using my UM modded reshells. They are fantastic. I can't believe they stand up to comparison with the 8As but they do. Although they have a different sound sig, much more forward, less bass emphasis, they sound brilliant with amazing soundstage and clarity. Surprisingly the bass really is solid, coherent and natural. 
Why I will however stick with Heir is that their customer service is how it should be. They are rushed with orders (I gather this from the Heir threads) but from the quick, polite and helpful repsonses to queries, the customer would never know this. You don't have to chase mails, if they can't answer your question immediately they acknowledge by mail your question has been asked and repsond when time allows. I feel that Heir understand that the amount I have spent with them is not a small investment to me and therefore treat me accordingly. My experiance with UM was not like that and I am sad to see that a previously envied rep of UM has responed publicly like they have.   

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #478 of 3,153
I sent a set of UM Se530 remoulds from the UK back to UM Global (Aus) a few months back for a repair to the socket and an upgrade to 530 x 6. They were very helpful. Unfortunately one of the left drivers was a few decibels out of balance. I decided to go for a set of Miracles in plain translucent azure. They are beautifully made and sound fantastic. The guys answered all my e-mails within a day or 2 at most. They also gave me a bit of discount towards the Miracles.

I agree that Acustom could have worded his above post a bit more diplomatically, He has done UM no favours with his reply.

Gaz. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #479 of 3,153
My experience with UM has been hit and miss.
They do seem to take a long time to reply to emails and I have been forced to send repeat emails and berate them on their Facebook page, before I got a reply.
All of this effort just to place an order for a friend....who was very dubious about using UM because of the customer service.

I think they need to take a leaf out of Heir Audios book - they really know about customer service. Even though they are swamped with work, they still monitor Head-Fi\emails\facebook and respond quickly and politely to customer questions...no matter how stupid or trivial they may be. I have even had discussions with the Director at 2am his time, where we fine tweaked my CIEM design.

When you are investing a reasonable\considerable amount of money in a NICHE LUXURY product, you want to know or at least feel like, you are important to the seller.

Having said all that, I have had certain high end IEMs reshelled by UM and the end product has been fantastic. They fit perfectly first time and look and feel absolutely luxurious.

This is in complete contrast to a pair of IEMs made directly by the same manufacturer. The UM reshells are superior in every way.

If they can employee someone to deal specifically with customer service...they would be sorted

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #480 of 3,153
Quote:
My experience with UM has been hit and miss.
They do seem to take a long time to reply to emails and I have been forced to send repeat emails and berate them on their Facebook page, before I got a reply.
All of this effort just to place an order for a friend....who was very dubious about using UM because of the customer service.

I think they need to take a leaf out of Heir Audios book - they really know about customer service. Even though they are swamped with work, they still monitor Head-Fi\emails\facebook and respond quickly and politely to customer questions...no matter how stupid or trivial they may be. I have even had discussions with the Director at 2am his time, where we fine tweaked my CIEM design.

When you are investing a reasonable\considerable amount of money in a NICHE LUXURY product, you want to know or at least feel like, you are important to the seller.

Having said all that, I have had certain high end IEMs reshelled by UM and the end product has been fantastic. They fit perfectly first time and look and feel absolutely luxurious.

This is in complete contrast to a pair of IEMs made directly by the same manufacturer. The UM reshells are superior in every way.

If they can employee someone to deal specifically with customer service...they would be sorted

Agree 100%/ I do think however it is a company philosophy thing. Heir like UM has started small but is growing ever increasingly it seems. They seem to have made it a priority to maintain their excellent customer service. This is a clever strategy but I think it is more to do with the fact the the founder is really into the product and still understands how it feels to be a customer.

"Yes my products cost a lot but I know that and I will repsect you accordingly for choosing to spend your money with me"  - this seems to be the senitment behind Heir regardless of the amount of orders they have. As a customer I have never felt like their success has adversly impacted upon me or my order. This was not the case in my dealings with UM 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back