Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #3,077 of 3,153
  why isnt there an impressions thread for UM Mentors? nobody tried them on?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/696358/unique-melody-mentor-debut-in-tokyo-e-earphone-festival

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #3,078 of 3,153
It was lost, but now it's found and back home. I really appreciate what I have, especially after I thought I lost it.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #3,079 of 3,153
anyone here who knows if NT6 is a definite improvement over the Miracles ?

thinking of getting one , but don't know if it's worth spending 900 euros if the sonic improvements are small

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #3,081 of 3,153
  Stick it in an Otterbox or a Pelican case with some desiccant packs and the drivers would last for a good number of years.

They would need to be reshelled once every few years or so though, as your ears keep changing.

is this a must-use thing ? is there a problem if you don't use these packs ? is humidity such a dangerous thing for the Drivers of your CIEM ?

i am thinking of reshelling my universal miracles into customs, plus there is one more CIEM already on its way......

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #3,082 of 3,153
which tips give you the better seal/sound with Universal Miracles ?

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #3,084 of 3,153
Jun 8, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #3,089 of 3,153
I have now had UM Miracle for more than three years and still find it an excellent CIEM. In terms of frequency response, I think it is VERY balanced, especially compared to full size headphones like HD800 (way too bright) and LCD-3 (way too dark) and also LCD-2 r2 (too dark) and the unmodded HE-6 (too light). In fact, to my ears the Miracle is the most balanced and correct in terms of tonality of all these high end headphones. 

There are only two areas where I find the Miracle's frequency response to deviate from correct: Sub bass seems to have a bit too much quantity. However, I actually like this. The output in the lower treble is a bit too little, which means that classical and choir music isn't sounding as open as it should. Female voices in general should suffer from this too, but for some reason it usually isn't prominent. I guess that it's because the dip isn't in the upper mids, but in the lower treble.

So - in short - I find UM Miracle a stellar performer in just about all genres except classical and choir music.

Jun 8, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #3,090 of 3,153
I have now had UM Miracle for more than three years and still find it an excellent CIEM. In terms of frequency response, I think it is VERY balanced, especially compared to full size headphones like HD800 (way too bright) and LCD-3 (way too dark) and also LCD-2 r2 (too dark) and the unmodded HE-6 (too light). In fact, to my ears the Miracle is the most balanced and correct in terms of tonality of all these high end headphones. 

There are only two areas where I find the Miracle's frequency response to deviate from correct: Sub bass seems to have a bit too much quantity. However, I actually like this. The output in the lower treble is a bit too little, which means that classical and choir music isn't sounding as open as it should. Female voices in general should suffer from this too, but for some reason it usually isn't prominent. I guess that it's because the dip isn't in the upper mids, but in the lower treble.

So - in short - I find UM Miracle a stellar performer in just about all genres except classical and choir music.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back