Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #3,091 of 3,153
  I have now had UM Miracle for more than three years and still find it an excellent CIEM. In terms of frequency response, I think it is VERY balanced, especially compared to full size headphones like HD800 (way too bright) and LCD-3 (way too dark) and also LCD-2 r2 (too dark) and the unmodded HE-6 (too light). In fact, to my ears the Miracle is the most balanced and correct in terms of tonality of all these high end headphones. 

There are only two areas where I find the Miracle's frequency response to deviate from correct: Sub bass seems to have a bit too much quantity. However, I actually like this. The output in the lower treble is a bit too little, which means that classical and choir music isn't sounding as open as it should. Female voices in general should suffer from this too, but for some reason it usually isn't prominent. I guess that it's because the dip isn't in the upper mids, but in the lower treble.

So - in short - I find UM Miracle a stellar performer in just about all genres except classical and choir music.

4+ years and remains one of our favorite IEMs.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Jun 29, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #3,093 of 3,153
I'm trying to acquire a pre-owned miracle and send it in for reshell... UM has replied to me once saying that they can reshell it into universal and gave me price / shipping address, so I already sent payment for the used Miracle.

But I have another question and they haven't replied.. I'm in the USA and it feels rather risky to send a $500 IEM overseas without having great communication. This risk just feels so much worse hearing about lost packages in China customs.

Has anyone tried reshelling a miracle with UM overseas? 

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #3,094 of 3,153
I'm trying to acquire a pre-owned miracle and send it in for reshell... UM has replied to me once saying that they can reshell it into universal and gave me price / shipping address, so I already sent payment for the used Miracle.

But I have another question and they haven't replied.. I'm in the USA and it feels rather risky to send a $500 IEM overseas without having great communication. This risk just feels so much worse hearing about lost packages in China customs.

Has anyone tried reshelling a miracle with UM overseas? 

I sent mine in for reshell and had no probs with Customs on either side.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #3,099 of 3,153
  Yes, I see that they can insure for up to $500. But UM specifically requests for me to declare package value under $30 so they don't have to pay fees ... a little shady operation but I don't want that risk.

There is a Mid-West UM distributor or used to be.  Maybe contact him and see if he will except delivery from you.  There is a US reshelling company that is suppoed to do very good work on many CIEMs.  I can't recall the name but I'm sure someone will write in with the name.  Or, you could write to Ted Allen who owns Headphone Lounge I think he had one of his personal IEMs reshelled there, and is very happy.  Plus he makes a hell of a cable and is a good guy to know.

Jun 29, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #3,100 of 3,153

Yes, I see that they can insure for up to $500. But UM specifically requests for me to declare package value under $30 so they don't have to pay fees ... a little shady operation but I don't want that risk.

There is a Mid-West UM distributor or used to be.  Maybe contact him and see if he will except delivery from you.  There is a US reshelling company that is suppoed to do very good work on many CIEMs.  I can't recall the name but I'm sure someone will write in with the name.  Or, you could write to Ted Allen who owns Headphone Lounge I think he had one of his personal IEMs reshelled there, and is very happy.  Plus he makes a hell of a cable and is a good guy to know.

You can talk to Andrew over at musicteck. He's the US distributor for UM.

Or you can reshell locally, as Saraguie suggested. I assume he's referring to InEarz Audio. They do reshell for as cheap as 130 bucks or so I think.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #3,101 of 3,153

You can talk to Andrew over at musicteck. He's the US distributor for UM.

Or you can reshell locally, as Saraguie suggested. I assume he's referring to InEarz Audio. They do reshell for as cheap as 130 bucks or so I think.

I also assumed we were inadvertently speaking about InEarz 
smily_headphones1.gif
. However, my past couple experiences with customs haven't been too smooth and have put me a couple hundred in the hole for impressions, so I'd like to stay away from customs. InEarz won't shell them to universal 
mad.gif
 It would also be nice to let some friends/relatives listen to the Miracles if the time comes.

Thanks for the recommendation on MusicTeck, I've sent them an email! 

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #3,102 of 3,153

I also assumed we were inadvertently speaking about InEarz 
smily_headphones1.gif
. However, my past couple experiences with customs haven't been too smooth and have put me a couple hundred in the hole for impressions, so I'd like to stay away from customs. InEarz won't shell them to universal 
mad.gif
 It would also be nice to let some friends/relatives listen to the Miracles if the time comes.

Thanks for the recommendation on MusicTeck, I've sent them an email! 

Yes, I missed the part about reshelling to a universal.  Will InEarz do universals?  Until I started using the K-10 U, I would say that a U cannot compete with a C, in terms of isolation and getting every bit of sound out.  The K-10U changed all that for me.

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #3,103 of 3,153

Yes, I missed the part about reshelling to a universal.  Will InEarz do universals?  Until I started using the K-10 U, I would say that a U cannot compete with a C, in terms of isolation and getting every bit of sound out.  The K-10U changed all that for me.

Unfortunately they don't do universals! I wish they did though. Also, I'd love to agree with the last statement but just haven't had that experience yet haha. I personally think that customs are a tad bit overhyped and would only really spring for customs in favor of customizability (like wizard designs) and isolation. Other than those two, I don't see significant advantages to custom-fits. Thanks for the help. Cheers

Jun 29, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #3,104 of 3,153

Unfortunately they don't do universals! I wish they did though. Also, I'd love to agree with the last statement but just haven't had that experience yet haha. I personally think that customs are a tad bit overhyped and would only really spring for customs in favor of customizability (like wizard designs) and isolation. Other than those two, I don't see significant advantages to custom-fits. Thanks for the help. Cheers

The other option other than going directly with UM may be to talk to Piotr of CustomArt then. Awesome guy. I know he's done a few universal reshells in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back