Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #2,941 of 3,153
I'm so happy i read through this thread. i'm probably gonna consider sending my miracles to Fisher InEarz for a reshell instead of UM. i know UM is all about quality. but i mean from what i've been seeing so far InEarz has some pretty good looking reshells as of late. there doesnt seem to be many bubbles in the pictures i've seen lately, vs from int he beginning. Looks like they've only gotten better. and also there is a rush order option but it's 150 bucks. but you get them back in 7 days. which is pretty fast return. I'm wondering if i should just wait or just pay for a rush order. either way i think to reshell is 125. vs UM is 250 +6 weeks..... which is ..... well.... u guys know how it is.... so im thinking i might just rush order that bitch when it gets to me. sounds like a fast turn around and i'm paying for the time to get back to me as well. 7 days is ******* fast. compared to 6+ weeks. just thought i'd share with everyone in case u dont have warranty and u are in the states. InEarz is probably a good solution if u are in the states and have bought second hand customs. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #2,942 of 3,153
  I'm so happy i read through this thread. i'm probably gonna consider sending my miracles to Fisher InEarz for a reshell instead of UM. i know UM is all about quality. but i mean from what i've been seeing so far InEarz has some pretty good looking reshells as of late. there doesnt seem to be many bubbles in the pictures i've seen lately, vs from int he beginning. Looks like they've only gotten better. and also there is a rush order option but it's 150 bucks. but you get them back in 7 days. which is pretty fast return. I'm wondering if i should just wait or just pay for a rush order. either way i think to reshell is 125. vs UM is 250 +6 weeks..... which is ..... well.... u guys know how it is.... so im thinking i might just rush order that bitch when it gets to me. sounds like a fast turn around and i'm paying for the time to get back to me as well. 7 days is ******* fast. compared to 6+ weeks. just thought i'd share with everyone in case u dont have warranty and u are in the states. InEarz is probably a good solution if u are in the states and have bought second hand customs. 

But UM only knows how to reshell properly the miracles. It has something to do with bores and their own ingredients to make it fully sound the way it should be.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #2,943 of 3,153

But UM only knows how to reshell properly the miracles. It has something to do with bores and their own ingredients to make it fully sound the way it should be.

I think Rainman makes a very good point in favor of UM doing the work. I've had my right side redone by UM and it was perfect as it should be since they are the OEM. The end result outweighs the cost and wait period IMO.

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #2,948 of 3,153
what!? that sucks!!!! yeah that's why i didnt really wanna deal with um. there's so many of them. although it is true that there are UM Philipines, UM china labs, UM Aus, and UM with stephen. i think that's ALL really. i heard there was a UM from UK as well, and i had seen nothing from that, and as well there were people complaining that they had a bad time with them as well. i guess you should always deal with the man directly. (stephen) like u did. cuz if u deal with any other UM u have to send your stuff to them, and then wait an additional 2 weeks for them to collect and ship to UM LABS in china. which is a waste of time, sending it to them directly woulda been the best possible choice. that way u "cut" 2 weeks of delay.

i dont know where your located but it seems like um is spreading across EU. it's a shame that you were a victim of UM Germany. Are they even legit? or is it just a site? or is it a walk in store? what's up with that? well i'm sorry that you fell victim to a fraud. that honestly has to blow. i hope u paid with credit card, and that way u can always do a charge back. other than that i'm not sure. paypal if they sent u tracking or no tracking you can always file a claim, but i dont know how that goes i just know it takes a while. im not sure if there is a BBB (better business bureau) in germany or wherever you are from but maybe you can contact them as well. 

The time you've waited, the money you spent, the time you're gonna spend to get your money back, the time you're gonna wait for the actual miracles to be made as well, i feel bad man. not to rub it in, but i mean DAMN. i would start a thread on UM Germany and just do everyone a public service announcement just to save people's time by not dealing with them and sharing your story. and on top of that try spread that all over the internet. make it your mission. TIME IS MONEY. and time is the most important commodity ANYONE has to offer. people would give ANYTHING for more time. and being you waited 6+ weeks. i would be on a mission to stomp those frauders down. i feel for you man. that honestly sucks. 

At this point, i'd just buy a second hand pair of miracles or mentors, and then get inearz to rush delivery that bitch to me. haha. i wouldnt be able to wait another 6 weeks. i know build quality is on top of everyone's list, but i've talked to a few people who has had jh16's and miracles remolded by inearz and were completely happy with them. the amount you pay for the rush delivery is pretty much the amount you pay for UM's reshell but in addition with UM is a 6+ weeks wait time. But what UM has over inearz is that the miracles are THEIR iems and they know how to make and reshell them "properly" vs someone who is looking at the iems and trying to replicate. so there's that. but inearz will try to keep the same configuration upon receiving the iems. 
i also think UM has superior artwork capabilities over inearz as well. they have a HQ printer that will get even the smallest of designs. and will come out looking good. This was also a point that made me want to ship my iems to UM vs inearz. But the wait alone makes me cringe. I do have a back up IEM, but im a guy who needs instant gratification. i'm still deciding but i'm mostly leaning towards inearz for reshell just because i've talked to them directly and they've answered a lot of my questions to my satisfaction. They test for sq before and after to make sure they sound the same, they will try to keep the configuration as close as possible. they have great build quality, (no bubbles and smooth and everything, some people from who got products from um and had gotten reshells from inearz favor those of inearz.) and. the wait time is almost non existent compared to UM. i'm still on the fence. but there seems to be many pros vs cons. 

just my opinion. the UM VS INEARZ reshell is still eating at me. because i want a specific artwork. and inearz says they're not sure if they can do the artwork i requested (the burberry nova pattern). and also there is the refit, if that were a problem. there is another 4-6 weeks wait period for refits if any. so that turns me off as well. 

well i hope u figure everything out man! good luck!!!! 

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #2,949 of 3,153
God.... im getting so impatient....

It's stuck on the 17th. have no idea if they left malaysia yet. FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want my iems so i can wait even longer to use them.

17 Feb 2015, 12:44 PMSend to UNITED STATESPOS MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL HUB (KLIA)
17 Feb 2015, 11:14 AMConsignment ArrivedPOS MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL HUB (KLIA)
17 Feb 2015, 2:00 AMConsignment dispatch out from Transit OfficeHUB POSLAJU PMK
16 Feb 2015, 6:36 PMDispatch out from origin stationPPL KOTA KINABALU
16 Feb 2015, 8:29 AMPosted over the counterPPL KOTA KINABALU

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #2,950 of 3,153
  what!? that sucks!!!! yeah that's why i didnt really wanna deal with um. there's so many of them. although it is true that there are UM Philipines, UM china labs, UM Aus, and UM with stephen. i think that's ALL really. i heard there was a UM from UK as well, and i had seen nothing from that, and as well there were people complaining that they had a bad time with them as well. i guess you should always deal with the man directly. (stephen) like u did. cuz if u deal with any other UM u have to send your stuff to them, and then wait an additional 2 weeks for them to collect and ship to UM LABS in china. which is a waste of time, sending it to them directly woulda been the best possible choice. that way u "cut" 2 weeks of delay.

i dont know where your located but it seems like um is spreading across EU. it's a shame that you were a victim of UM Germany. Are they even legit? or is it just a site? or is it a walk in store? what's up with that? well i'm sorry that you fell victim to a fraud. that honestly has to blow. i hope u paid with credit card, and that way u can always do a charge back. other than that i'm not sure. paypal if they sent u tracking or no tracking you can always file a claim, but i dont know how that goes i just know it takes a while. im not sure if there is a BBB (better business bureau) in germany or wherever you are from but maybe you can contact them as well. 

The time you've waited, the money you spent, the time you're gonna spend to get your money back, the time you're gonna wait for the actual miracles to be made as well, i feel bad man. not to rub it in, but i mean DAMN. i would start a thread on UM Germany and just do everyone a public service announcement just to save people's time by not dealing with them and sharing your story. and on top of that try spread that all over the internet. make it your mission. TIME IS MONEY. and time is the most important commodity ANYONE has to offer. people would give ANYTHING for more time. and being you waited 6+ weeks. i would be on a mission to stomp those frauders down. i feel for you man. that honestly sucks. 

At this point, i'd just buy a second hand pair of miracles or mentors, and then get inearz to rush delivery that bitch to me. haha. i wouldnt be able to wait another 6 weeks. i know build quality is on top of everyone's list, but i've talked to a few people who has had jh16's and miracles remolded by inearz and were completely happy with them. the amount you pay for the rush delivery is pretty much the amount you pay for UM's reshell but in addition with UM is a 6+ weeks wait time. But what UM has over inearz is that the miracles are THEIR iems and they know how to make and reshell them "properly" vs someone who is looking at the iems and trying to replicate. so there's that. but inearz will try to keep the same configuration upon receiving the iems. 
i also think UM has superior artwork capabilities over inearz as well. they have a HQ printer that will get even the smallest of designs. and will come out looking good. This was also a point that made me want to ship my iems to UM vs inearz. But the wait alone makes me cringe. I do have a back up IEM, but im a guy who needs instant gratification. i'm still deciding but i'm mostly leaning towards inearz for reshell just because i've talked to them directly and they've answered a lot of my questions to my satisfaction. They test for sq before and after to make sure they sound the same, they will try to keep the configuration as close as possible. they have great build quality, (no bubbles and smooth and everything, some people from who got products from um and had gotten reshells from inearz favor those of inearz.) and. the wait time is almost non existent compared to UM. i'm still on the fence. but there seems to be many pros vs cons. 

just my opinion. the UM VS INEARZ reshell is still eating at me. because i want a specific artwork. and inearz says they're not sure if they can do the artwork i requested (the burberry nova pattern). and also there is the refit, if that were a problem. there is another 4-6 weeks wait period for refits if any. so that turns me off as well. 

well i hope u figure everything out man! good luck!!!! 

the thing is, this dealer isn't an authorised dealer like the headphone company in UK for instance, this one, mp4audio is merely a distributor. And I paid with paypal, so basically i could get the money back, till i knew that paypal UPDATED their policy, which made it unable to get the money back after 45 days (and i waited for 55 days not knowing this update).

what paypal can do is 'contacting the seller', who is since last week not responding anymore. So, now the lawyer is up, if he keep silent, it's gonna be taken as a crime, and the police would deal with it.

my point is, this has nothing to do with UM, I contacted stephen, and he also knows the owner of this shop, he said, ' I received the order, but no payment, and we wouldn't ship without payment'. I think I would try to apply to be an authorised dealer of UM in germany, because beside him there's no other dealer, and that makes him 'the only one' here in Germany. 

Let's see how long it would take till i get my 'miracle' :D

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #2,951 of 3,153
  God.... im getting so impatient....

It's stuck on the 17th. have no idea if they left malaysia yet. FARK!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want my iems so i can wait even longer to use them.

17 Feb 2015, 12:44 PMSend to UNITED STATESPOS MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL HUB (KLIA)
17 Feb 2015, 11:14 AMConsignment ArrivedPOS MALAYSIA INTERNATIONAL HUB (KLIA)
17 Feb 2015, 2:00 AMConsignment dispatch out from Transit OfficeHUB POSLAJU PMK
16 Feb 2015, 6:36 PMDispatch out from origin stationPPL KOTA KINABALU
16 Feb 2015, 8:29 AMPosted over the counterPPL KOTA KINABALU

how long does it normally take??

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #2,952 of 3,153
Honestly i dont know. but from the US. i woulda used priority express international. it's pretty cheap. like 20-30 bucks to get from me to there 3-5 days Guaranteed. considering that's international. that's pretty damn fast. the guy told me he used Priority Express International as well. so i'm guessing since it was CNY they had some delay. so that's like 2-3 days at MOST. and well considering that he shipped it on the 16th. and today is the 27th. that's 11 days. i guess 6 more days and if nothing happens. im going to be a little peeved. i'm getting impatient because my tracking number is stuck on the 17th with no update. and usually shipping companies are pretty on point. and EMS is usually good about it too. i used to be the shipping and receiving clerk for a biochem company. so i know all about shipping, and also about the customs for a lot of different countries. i'm used to sending antibodies and all kinds of fluids to other countries so i know about the customs forms and how to fill those out as well. this however is getting to me, customs shouldnt even be a problem because they're just iems. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #2,954 of 3,153
Honestly i dont know. but from the US. i woulda used priority express international. it's pretty cheap. like 20-30 bucks to get from me to there 3-5 days Guaranteed. considering that's international. that's pretty damn fast. the guy told me he used Priority Express International as well. so i'm guessing since it was CNY they had some delay. so that's like 2-3 days at MOST. and well considering that he shipped it on the 16th. and today is the 27th. that's 11 days. i guess 6 more days and if nothing happens. im going to be a little peeved. i'm getting impatient because my tracking number is stuck on the 17th with no update. and usually shipping companies are pretty on point. and EMS is usually good about it too. i used to be the shipping and receiving clerk for a biochem company. so i know all about shipping, and also about the customs for a lot of different countries. i'm used to sending antibodies and all kinds of fluids to other countries so i know about the customs forms and how to fill those out as well. this however is getting to me, customs shouldnt even be a problem because they're just iems. 

I'm not sure if malaysia celebrates CNY. Either way, there's bigger chance that it's still in malaysia, because as soon as the package enters the airplane, i don't see why it would take so long.

I hope things would turn out good on your side man, this exotic CIEM is indeed hard to get :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back