Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,791 of 3,153
My miracles arrived yesterday and sound amazing. I've always preferred a neutral sound but have to say that everything from vocals to instruments are very good. The right earpiece is a little painful when inserting, the left is perfect. I'll let them burn in for a while as they are so different in comfort from my Minerva Pro performer pro's as they are silicone but do have a much improved clarity of sound.

Apr 9, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #2,792 of 3,153
  My miracles arrived yesterday and sound amazing. I've always preferred a neutral sound but have to say that everything from vocals to instruments are very good. The right earpiece is a little painful when inserting, the left is perfect. I'll let them burn in for a while as they are so different in comfort from my Minerva Pro performer pro's as they are silicone but do have a much improved clarity of sound.

Glad you're liking them. I found some minor discomfort for the first week or so with mine, but no issues since - I love wearing them for hours at a time now. I hope yours are the same and fit you a like a glove once you adjust to the feel of them.

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2,793 of 3,153
Do you guys ever feel like they are slightly too large inside your ear canals? I always seem to get a bit distracted by the feeling of pressure deep inside. It isn't painful at all, but it feels like they could be reduced just a bit. I think of it like letting a bit of air out of a balloon, which would reduce the overall size, but maintain the shape. I get a great seal, but they don't "disappear into my ears." Maybe my ears are too sensitive or something...,

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2,794 of 3,153
  Do you guys ever feel like they are slightly too large inside your ear canals? I always seem to get a bit distracted by the feeling of pressure deep inside. It isn't painful at all, but it feels like they could be reduced just a bit. I think of it like letting a bit of air out of a balloon, which would reduce the overall size, but maintain the shape. I get a great seal, but they don't "disappear into my ears." Maybe my ears are too sensitive or something...,

have you ever think of getting a re-fit?

Apr 9, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #2,795 of 3,153
  have you ever think of getting a re-fit?

No, but my local shop does re-shells and he can sand down any hotspots. He already did one on the tip of the right earpiece and it was an improvement.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #2,797 of 3,153
  So I lost my miracles yesterday, luckily they're insured.  Do UM keep a digital copy of your impressions or will I have to visit the audiologist again? 

Ouch, that has to hurt.  How long ago did you have the impressions taken?  That might be a determining factor on whether you'll need new molds.

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,798 of 3,153
  So I lost my miracles yesterday, luckily they're insured.  Do UM keep a digital copy of your impressions or will I have to visit the audiologist again? 

go for the Mentor this time >=) Worth it!!

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #2,799 of 3,153
I've had them for 1.5 years, my body weight hasn't really changed but I guess my ear shape could have? Saying that, I still feel that they did fit and isolate well.  Shini, thats a possibility depends how the insurers want to reimburse me.  Do you find the Mentor much more of an upgrade over the Miracle?  I also lost my iBasso DX50 at the same time (rucksack left on train), now see that the DX90 is an option... I genuinely have never felt so sad about losing a possession 
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2,800 of 3,153
will check the Mentor thread for more info, yet in case you dont wana here is the difference: Miracle with new mid drivers that are way smoother + more upper mids, quite a lot tbh, and rumbling bass, bigger sound stage, make the Mircale sounds flat, for the treble i can't compare because i had a bad setup that made the treble warm, yet no worries its now sparkling and extended without getting harsh

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,801 of 3,153
  I've had them for 1.5 years, my body weight hasn't really changed but I guess my ear shape could have? Saying that, I still feel that they did fit and isolate well.  Shini, thats a possibility depends how the insurers want to reimburse me.  Do you find the Mentor much more of an upgrade over the Miracle?  I also lost my iBasso DX50 at the same time (rucksack left on train), now see that the DX90 is an option... I genuinely have never felt so sad about losing a possession 
frown.gif

Ouch, talk about bad luck.  Hope you get it sorted soon.  Do you have any other gear to listen to in the mean time?

Apr 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #2,802 of 3,153
frown.gif

I heard the Mentor universals and they were a clear step up from the Miracles, so much so that I don't think they are all that miraculous anymore...the Mentors have a lot more body and presence in all frequencies and are wonderfully balanced; I'm not saying they're flat, but the impact of the lows, mids, and highs sounded equal to me. It's hard to explain...they have zero weaknesses, so I have to +1 the Mentor if you have the funds.

Apr 13, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,804 of 3,153
I'd definitely like to try the Mentor, just depends on the insurance situation, I'll then contact Paul at The Headphone Company and see whether he has a demo, or if my impressions were stored digitally or not.  In the meantime its back to the iPod and Shure 215's for me, and the waiting game begins again! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back