Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jan 26, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #211 of 850
yes give it 15 hours at least, the sound will open up and the Trebel/bass will change, the mids will be even sweater, yet i still think nothing can do the 1Plus2's Treble :p give it more and see xD maybe it will come closer to it who knows. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #215 of 850
Achl how did you get ur hands on the spinfit tips?

Theres a local store that stocks them (i am working in Hong Kong, and its pretty awesome, tiny island so you would expect all the audio stores within 500M)

Would be interested in getting my hands on the SpinFit tips.
How are they? do they create a better seal and feel/fit better than the normal stock tips? 

Spinfit tips are pretty awesome, i am not a big fan of comply/shure foam tips, monster supertips in gel /foam was the best i used, up until i encountered the Spinfit tips

I never use the stock tips, they dont give a good seal/fit for me

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #216 of 850
lol cmon Lazy roger smith XD follow the thread :p i did post initial impression then a mini review after 15-20 hours of listening, and a final review maybe in a two weeks or less.

also mine is Custom not Universal so i think its a slightly better comparison that Universal, due me getting better isolation. 

Lazy Roger is now satisfied with what he has read :wink:

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #217 of 850
Lazy Roger is now satisfied with what he has read
wink.gif

i am glad that you liked it :p i got my eyes on K10 now, someone will need to do the Mentor VS k10 one day, but it will take long long time :< 

did anyone do 1Plust2 vs K10 in the Noble audio thread? 

i wana know more about the Treble over there and the mids, so far the mids are sweet and warm on the Mentor , like very very good, its very hard for a mid range to seduce me and the Mentor did it :p

anyway the K10 focus more on the Treble, freaking 6 drivers are helping it lol, and yes i know more drivers =/= better sound :3

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #218 of 850
Achl how did you get ur hands on the spinfit tips?

Theres a local store that stocks them (i am working in Hong Kong, and its pretty awesome, tiny island so you would expect all the audio stores within 500M)

Spinfit tips are pretty awesome, i am not a big fan of comply/shure foam tips, monster supertips in gel /foam was the best i used, up until i encountered the Spinfit tips

I never use the stock tips, they dont give a good seal/fit for me

Achl, are these the ones?  spin fit ear tips  Since I don't need 3,000 min order, do you think the shop you bought yours from would sell to USA?  Dang was just in H.K. in October coulda, shoulda.......

And you are referring to my first impressions: "I have no sibilance issue with the Mentor AT ALL, which is contrary to some of the impression before."
I think it may be that I have never clearly heard the guitar distortion which the musicians use on purpose, like a fuzz box in the recordings.  Thank you for writing, much more eloquent than mine :)

Jan 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #219 of 850
seems like i will pass on the K10 not enough info,reviews, will get Uber cable maybe for the Mentor and enjoy till i see more reviews around, maybe this will be the last CIEM after all, its just very good :3 

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #221 of 850
seems like i will pass on the K10 not enough info,reviews, will get Uber cable maybe for the Mentor and enjoy till i see more reviews around, maybe this will be the last CIEM after all, its just very good :3 

I have been planning to demo the k10 with the local noble distributor, but things get a bit hectic before the lunar new year.

From what i hv read, the k10 will have a thicker sound, but still neutral'ish. I hope it sounds good as it is much easier to get than a fitear CM.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #222 of 850
I have been planning to demo the k10 with the local noble distributor, but things get a bit hectic before the lunar new year.

From what i hv read, the k10 will have a thicker sound, but still neutral'ish. I hope it sounds good as it is much easier to get than a fitear CM.
It'll be great if you could do the comparison when you receive your Mentors. I'm particularly curious myself about the signature differences between the Mentor & K10 myself.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #223 of 850

my deities , it makes it sounds tipple great. such fidelity. very bass. much clear. amaze. wow.

lol. yeees. we must be missing a $1000 cable putting certain company owners' kids through college :D

what i was meant to say - can't hear much of a difference to the stock cable for my Qusp TWSPC cable .must be missing that gold.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #224 of 850
It'll be great if you could do the comparison when you receive your Mentors. I'm particularly curious myself about the signature differences between the Mentor & K10 myself.

Just got into base with the local dealer, arranged to meet him later today

Will post as much as what i can remember and take away from the brief meeting. I have mixed feelings towards the k10, i want it to sound good, but i dont want to plunge into another purchase while my mentor is still new, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back