Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jan 22, 2014 at 4:41 AM Post #181 of 850
The miracle's highs wasn't enough for me even with after market cables, nor the mids were awesome, totally dry, thats why the Mentor really shocked me, its something else <3 i was afraid the Mentor will be like the Miracle + few drivers.

not that i am saying that the Miracle is bad or something, its just its not good enough to be your #1 headphone, unless you came down from major IEM and you wana give the Miracle a shot then yes its for you, but yes there is many better options than the Miracle for the price, but for a flagship the Mentor it is :3 

will buy the Concero DAC today,  but guys it will be the 1st time i buy a dedicated DAC without an amp, other than my DACport LX lol, so how does a new DAC feel? or change the sound? i did change many amps before so i can tell the difference but not a DAC, any idea? don't wana throw 650$ for a subtle change :p 

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:49 AM Post #182 of 850
  The miracle's highs wasn't enough for me even with after market cables, nor the mids were awesome, totally dry, thats why the Mentor really shocked me, its something else <3 i was afraid the Mentor will be like the Miracle + few drivers.

not that i am saying that the Miracle is bad or something, its just its not good enough to be your #1 headphone, unless you came down from major IEM and you wana give the Miracle a shot then yes its for you, but yes there is many better options than the Miracle for the price, but for a flagship the Mentor it is :3 

will buy the Concero DAC today,  but guys it will be the 1st time i buy a dedicated DAC without an amp, other than my DACport LX lol, so how does a new DAC feel? or change the sound? i did change many amps before so i can tell the difference but not a DAC, any idea? don't wana throw 650$ for a subtle change :p 

i always found Yulong DACs to be good value for money
never hesitated to get one every time I rebuild my desktop rig
i believe the latest model is the DA8, it does have a free amp output, but the dac alone is pretty good, i used it with the black cat silverstar usb cable and was a good pair

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #183 of 850
There is no way in hell that Miracle is neutral.. To my ear it clearly is V shaped tune. I got it retune and reshell into silicon by Piotr from Custom Art, now I can say it has proper monitoring quality.

If ever you see me discussing the Miracle in terms of 'neutrality', you will notice I invariably use the word 'relatively', to denote that I do not actually consider it to be completely neutral, but that it has (to my ears) no aspirations to be 'boosted' in any area of the spectrum.

However, I have discussed the fact, with average_joe, in the past, that some people, like yourself, evidently find it V-shaped.

That disparity has always perplexed me. I am not alone in finding the Miracle relatively(!) neutral.

As always, one man's drink is another man's poison!
beerchug.gif

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #184 of 850

If ever you see me discussing the Miracle in terms of 'neutrality', you will notice I invariably use the word 'relatively', to denote that I do not actually consider it to be completely neutral, but that it has (to my ears) no aspirations to be 'boosted' in any area of the spectrum.

However, I have discussed the fact, with average_joe, in the past, that some people, like yourself, evidently find it V-shaped.

That disparity has always perplexed me. I am not alone in finding the Miracle relatively(!) neutral.

As always, one man's drink is another man's poison!
beerchug.gif

stock cable wise i agree the miracle is slightly v-shaped, the mids are way back and not enough, you will notice if you did A/B with any good aftermarket cable. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #186 of 850
  Hey Shini, thanks for all replies and impressions.

any time bro, and sorry about not making everything clear, English isn't my 1st language :p 

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #187 of 850
Help, I just went thru all 13 pages and cannot find the post which had triple flanges shown or a link to where to get them. Please post. 

I've decided to give the Mentor a good and long opportunity to seduce me :)  I'm going to keep the 334s for now. I'll be using the Mentor for 6-7 hours straight on 2 airplane flights in a couple of weeks and that will be the tell all.

I can say that the Mentor has a very clear, revealing, airy, large soundstage. I heard nice decay and depth when ZZ Top's drummer hit the tom toms and bass drum. They are very comfortable and the cable is a pleasure to use. For now going to think the sibilance on the guitar high notes was on purpose or in the recording, distortion.

My heart beats a little faster when I first pick them up to use which is a good sign.

Jan 23, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #188 of 850
The Concero DAC will be here on the 28th :3 right when i finish my exams XD

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #195 of 850
[quote name="Saraguie" url="/t/696358/unique-melody-mentor-debut-in-tokyo-e-earphone-festival/180#post_10194968"
My heart beats a little faster when I first pick them up to use which is a good sign.
[/quote]

Sound like the feeling when u date the girl for the first time or two, then after the third date, its pretty much a sayonara homerun or back finding another potential date

Users who are viewing this thread

Back