Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jan 21, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #151 of 850
They look great Shini! Congrats!

beerchug.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #152 of 850
  They look great Shini! Congrats!

beerchug.gif

Thanks man :p you should really get one , will post my update about how is the Mentor with after market cables, tomorrow after i give it many many hours >=)

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #154 of 850
Nice. Now the question is how do you like the midrange?

The new mid drivers are way way better!! not dry at all!! warmer and nicer :3 but i need to test more etc, getting a silver widow cable soon, and new DAC. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #155 of 850
  The new mid drivers are way way better!! not dry at all!! warmer and nicer :3 but i need to test more etc, getting a silver widow cable soon, and new DAC. 

beerchug.gif

How's the WA7 for iem's? I never thought about using it as a all in one unit when I was looking for something for iem's before I found the Concero HP.

Jan 21, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #156 of 850

beerchug.gif

How's the WA7 for iem's? I never thought about using it as a all in one unit when I was looking for something for iem's before I found the Concero HP.

clean, no hiss, and feels like you plugged your IEM in one of these portable amps :p many people were afraid to get it for just the IEM part, but i did >=) and it was a nice call :3

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #160 of 850
  maybe i got bad ears. but i like it for sounding near what the fitears sound like at a cheaper price. maybe.. dont take my words for it. its just what i heard. 

i own 334 twice and my impression was that the vocal and bass is thick and warm, soundstage slightly narrow, detailing is ok but not as transparent and detailed as the 1+2. To me the vocal was the greatest asset of the 334. 

and i am sure the mentor was not released with the intention of mimicking the sound of the 334

my friend demo'ed the mentor last week and have slightly (i should say very different) view to you, now it makes me more eager to get my pair and hear them for myself

p.s. what dap/amp did u test with? that might help 

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #161 of 850
  i own 334 twice and my impression was that the vocal and bass is thick and warm, soundstage slightly narrow, detailing is ok but not as transparent and detailed as the 1+2. To me the vocal was the greatest asset of the 334. 

and i am sure the mentor was not released with the intention of mimicking the sound of the 334

my friend demo'ed the mentor last week and have slightly (i should say very different) view to you, now it makes me more eager to get my pair and hear them for myself

p.s. what dap/amp did u test with? that might help 

just a sony z ultra. i tried the 335 and 334 an hour before trying the mentor. im thinking might be because the way mentor did the bass. it does it like the 335 and 334 abeit lesser, in a very natural dynamic driver kind of way. it also had clear vocals which is what led to my comments. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #162 of 850
The Mentor is so Epic <3 i didn't enjoy the music like this since i left my beloved TH900 , the Miracle failed to make me forget about the TH900, but the Mentor made me happy, i know the TH900 rocks but the Mentor finally did it!! i am free now :3 

Using the Tralucent gold cable atm, the sound did change for my brain after 4-5 hours, the Treble/Bass became cleaner and enjoyable, a lot, the Treble wasn't this clear on the 1st hour but right now its awesome, the bass did became tighter and the drums didn't annoy me like the first hour, and finally the mids were so sweet and warm i did enjoy the female vocals the way i wanted.

The Mentor is a real beast in a small shell, i really didn't think it will be this awesome, its totally different from the Miracle, its not a minor upgrade, really worth my 1550$.

Bass: rumbling bass that won't bleed into the mids nor the highs, really enjoying it and i am not a bass head.

Treble: extended a lot and enjoyable more than what you would think coming from the Miracle, its not harsh and will make you dance.

Mids: forward warm mids and will make the vocal fill a lot of the sound stage , even on the stock cable it will feel awesome, the female vocal sound nice on it.

Will update you guys later once  i get Toxic cable SW and the Concero DAC.

current setup: iUSB--> Gemini Cable --> WA7 (upgraded tubes) ---> Tralucent gold cable ---> UM Mentor.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #163 of 850
That's quite a powerhouse of a setup you got there! Good to see UM is stepping up to the challenge with all the new flagship iems recently! Now i just wish someone could do some comparisons 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #164 of 850
sorry i was only able to compare it with the Miracle :p 

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #165 of 850
  sorry i was only able to compare it with the Miracle :p 

As a previous Miracle owner, I am intrigued to know how the Mentor compares to it.

In terms of overall signature, is it relatively 'neutral', like the Miracle, or is it deliberately boosted in certain areas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back