Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Jan 1, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #496 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been trying to get a hold of Sam, but I haven't heard back from him. Previous responses of emails from Sam would be on the same or next day. My monitors were delivered to UM on the 25th and I was told as soon as they received them, I would be notified. I waited and nothing happened. I sent an email a few days ago asking if they had indeed received them and I haven't got a response. I'm getting kinda worried
frown.gif

Don't worry. My ear impressions arrived on 24-11-09 and I received my Mages on 28-12-09; email communication with Sam did slow down considerably during this period, but never to the point that I'd lost faith in their service. They will also send you the Fedex number at the day they finish your pair.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #498 of 926
the TF10 sounds nothing like the UM mage...the sound signature and presentation is so different you can't even put them in the same category except that they are both using balanced armature drivers.

Jan 3, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #499 of 926
yeah thats what was strange, perharps fit could be the problem? I had the same issue with the JH13 as well, didnt hear anything special on the test set :S and for all other customs i've tried

Jan 4, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #501 of 926
Gotta be your ears lol mine sound no where near Blah sparkly beautiful highs rich and awesome detailed mids and accurate fast bass. Best headphones ive heard to date and im still very much satisfied with mine. The quality of the work just makes them that much better UM is still #1 in my book with looks for sure.

Jan 4, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #502 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmmm strange! i tried out someone's Um mage today and felt that it was very blah.....
Heck it almost sounds the same as my tf10 :O

Remember, that, Mages are a custom IEMs. If you tried other people's Mages, you MIGHT be not hearing 100% of it's full potential. BTW, even not at full potential, they are already sound like top tier universal IEMs. Imagine if you can get full/perfect fit/seal/isolation with Mages.

Anyway, if you like clarity, and shiny sound, then Mages are perfect for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #506 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by mossman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a little lost with the order process. Can anyone confirm the steps and payment method?

You email Sam, he will send you a order form with all the information. Then you send you impression to UM. And payment method is Paypal

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #508 of 926
Quote:

hmmm strange! i tried out someone's Um mage today and felt that it was very blah.....
Heck it almost sounds the same as my tf10 :O

its your ears xD

was it the set at SE or did someone in singapore manage to get 1 already?

i thought even the set (which fitted well) at SE is miles ahead of the TF10.

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #509 of 926
lol you prolly didnt get a good fit with the tf10, i tried to look out for the exceptional soundstage, the uber clear vocals, and heard nothing impressive =\ , and it was the SE set, the red one

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #510 of 926
Quote:

lol you prolly didnt get a good fit with the tf10, i tried to look out for the exceptional soundstage, the uber clear vocals, and heard nothing impressive =\ , and it was the SE set, the red one

I owned a tf10 which died before logitech took over, and one briefly after they did which I sent off to reshell with another driver and then sold off to someone on headfi.

instead of putting it down to a lack of proper fit like you implied, i thoroughly enjoyed the pre-logitech tf10 all the way until i lost one side of it back in school.

the newer updated logitech ones are the ones i'm comparing to - since its the most readily available one around. which one are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back