Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Jan 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM Post #511 of 926
the 2008 model lol . Im not saying that mages are bad, i want them to be good since im gonna buy them, but after listening to the mage of someone else that day, i must say im kidna disappointed :S

Jan 5, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #512 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the 2008 model lol . Im not saying that mages are bad, i want them to be good since im gonna buy them, but after listening to the mage of someone else that day, i must say im kidna disappointed :S

hahaha each to his own poison - like how someone i know preferred the suyama 435 and complained that the mages are dark and i thought its the 435 being dark and mages being bright

maybe give it another go another time?

Jan 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #514 of 926
Why does your disliking of the Mage put me yet one step closer to the establishment half a year ago that you're one of those bass-heads. Since you said the JH10X3 were weak in lows...

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #516 of 926
Hmm was it you? or was it someone else...they kept complaining that the 10X3 was weak in lows and couldn't be compared to the TF10, and were bias towards the TF10 claiming it thrashes without a doubt any other universal...hmm not sure. Could've been someone else.

Jan 5, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #517 of 926
lol idk, when i tried the mages, i felt that the mages i felt the bass was adequate, what im just saying is I tried to hear that excellent sparkling soundstage and mids but i failed to do so :S, and it might be cause of fit, pray it is lol, cause i have high hopes for the mages :p

Tbh same thing happened when i tried the shures, the "imba shure mids" didnt really make themselves noticeable to me :S

Jan 5, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #520 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and their much much better than the westone 3s? damn gotta get them then haha

Quote:

Sorry i didnt get any pics up last night ill get some up today 'i hope.'

Burnt them in all night last night so they have about 18 hours on them now and i have noticed a few changes for the better. They are definitely feeling better in my ears now. yesterday they sounded great dont get me wrong but the treble from 8 to 12k or around there was a little over powering during some in your face songs. Today it really feels like they are settling into their own or it could be my ears i guess. No fatigue at all and they are getting smoother and smoother.

Comparing them to the 3's is interesting since the 3's with the big bass hump and the 'fun factor'. If i had to pic one even if the Mage wasnt a custom i would pick the Mage without thinking twice. The treble is great mids are way richer better and more detailed then the 3's. Bass isnt quite as impactful as Maodi and a few others pointed out, but to me the bass is perfect for my ears. Im a DLS and Dynaudio fan and the low end on these really remind me of that sound, quick accurate but not overpowering. The music is just really fluent and sounds great and is getting better
eek.gif
. Im very happy with my purchase so far and i dont think at this time im going to need a refit they are both feeling really good now that im adjusting to them.

So to everyone that gets the Mages or any customs for that matter, take some time to let your ears adjust before making the decision i thought for sure my left would have to be redone but now it feels great. .

Isolation with these are better then the 3's with large comply's. Really good and the quality of the monitors is just out of this world. Ill try to get some good pics that show this later.
Well gotta jet for a bit but im not taking my monitors out haha. If you have any questions feel free to ask. BTW this is all coming straight out of my Iphone 3gS unamped. Soon i will be getting the Ibasso D4 for my desktop DAC and that should make them sound even more my style.
Keep in mind im still somewhat a headfi newb to headphones, but not audio. Thanks for reading as i said any questions just ask away or picture preferences as well.

Ok guys no making fun, i used my dads camera which is a nikon dslr with like a 1500 dollar lens on it or something but i have no idea how to use it so this is the best i could get without knowing any of the settings or what they meant lol.
the first pic looks really good i dont know what the hell happened after that a few others look 'Ok' i guess.
CSC_0004.jpg

CSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0008-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

and in case you were wondering yes i took these pics in the bathroom haha thats where i have the best lighting.

this was what i posted on them when i got them a few days later

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #525 of 926
apparently my mages are somewhere in my country - and i'm waiting for null to prepare a lune cable in addition to the default ES cables provided. And I have a scsag cable waiting in the inventory. will update again once i find time to collect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back