UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
May 16, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #1,082 of 1,228
I just got an email with FedEx tracking number for my promo items. =) The also included a pdf of the apology letter (see Holymoly's post) and a "voucher" towards a 30% discount for my next purchase, valid until April 15, 2013.

Any idea if the voucher is transferable? I've not received my e-mail/tracking number, nor apology yet but I'm curious on the terms of the voucher.

May 16, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,083 of 1,228
Quote:
Any idea if the voucher is transferable? I've not received my e-mail/tracking number, nor apology yet but I'm curious on the terms of the voucher.

Well at the moment the "voucher" is simply a JPG attached to the email, but it's supposed to be a "postcard" that will arrive with the promo items. In essence, all it says is to email them to redeem the voucher. So my guess is that you email them, and they cross reference you with those on their list of customers who were part of the promo, then they issue you a discount code that you use at check out on the UM Global site.

May 16, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #1,085 of 1,228
Got the cable, hoodie, usb drive, but no voucher. I did get the email, so I've got the discount if I ever want it, I guess.

The cables are pretty nice.

May 16, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,086 of 1,228
I CAN HAS TRACK JACKET.

I like the low key design.  They threw in another USB thumb drive, too.

The cable is, indeed, quite nice!

May 16, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,088 of 1,228
Cable does indeed look nice but is not perfect for portable use. It has a spring to it and is quite stiff.
Looks identical to the upgrade cable UM themselves offer.

It's much less stiff than the cables from Chris_Himself, I could see using it portably, as long as you don't wrap the things tightly around a player.

May 16, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #1,089 of 1,228
I used the cable walking around today and it is indeed stiff but manageable.  I haven't A/B'd the sound but it sounded really good straight out of the iPhone with the Merlins today.  From memory of using UM cable last night and using the Fortis cable today, I was really immersed in my music today more than usual.  

May 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #1,092 of 1,228
....so I took a knife and split it apart.

Don't forget to heat it at 100 degrees for exactly 7 minutes. It'll save you the trouble of having to "burn" them in.

EDIT: that's a joke, for you gullible folks out there. 
tongue.gif

May 17, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,093 of 1,228
I used the cable walking around today and it is indeed stiff but manageable.  I haven't A/B'd the sound but it sounded really good straight out of the iPhone with the Merlins today.  From memory of using UM cable last night and using the Fortis cable today, I was really immersed in my music today more than usual.  

I compared it with the stock for over a hour today and I hear no difference at all, when I compared my TWag at the same time with the stock the difference was immediately apparent.

May 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #1,094 of 1,228
Cables make no difference in sound quality, that's why recording studios don't use fancy cables.  That being said, they sure are sexy.

May 17, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #1,095 of 1,228
Been AB'ing the Fortis cable & (stock) Westone with my (reshelled) DBA-02.  The DBA/Fortis is less 'grainy' sounding than the DBA/Westone to my ears.  The DBA/Fortis appears to have slightly better dynamics & soundstage depth, too.  The difference isn't night & day.. but distinguishable.  The DBA/Fortis just sounds cleaner to me ears.  Will A/B with the Quads, Miracle, & ASG as time permits.  The Fortis cable seems very neutral & transparent.. an excellent match for the DBA (I'm continually blown away by how resolving & detailed these phones are.. and reminded why reshelling them was a good idea).

As far as ergonomics, comfort & looks go.. I'm really liking this cable, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back