UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Dec 31, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #812 of 1,228
Although I wasn't part of this group buy and received mine near the end of November, I'd thought I'd post my freq graph here as mine is actually very similar to bronco's.

They are however, currently getting a refit so I can't give them a listen.

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #815 of 1,228

Quote:
They're consistently different from Bronco's. Bronco, how do they sound to you? 
blink.gif

They sound decent.  Must be my small ear canals, the doctor who did my impressions said they are more narrow than normal.  Suprising cause my ears are pretty big.

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #817 of 1,228
I would not worry about variations. Those graphs are for illustration purposes only, to give you a warm fuzzy feeling that they have been tested and to reassure you that you are buying a quality product (in my opinion at least). Differences are easily explained by variations in placement when they are measured.

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #818 of 1,228
I would like to ask what is meant by "perfect fit".

When I feel like I get very good isolation, the comfort is terrible because of the pressure in my ear canal.  Are you suppose to experience any pressure for a perfect fit?

Jan 5, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #819 of 1,228
Well in my limited experience w/ iems and custom iems...

I would say if you have a air tight seal (if bass is anemic then its a poor seal), its comfortable (notice its there, but by no means uncomfortable even after hrs) and its stable (manipulate jaw w/o breakin the seal) you have the perfect fit or as good as its gonna get.

Jan 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #820 of 1,228
I don't think there is a "perfect fit" as your ciem will fit better for certain positions.  Your ear canals change shape when you look up / down / around / stretch your face so unless you have something that contorts to your ears, which acrylic doesn't, then you won't have a "perfect fit".  That is why the iem companies tell you to open your mouth an inch so you can get the best fit for most positions.

Jan 6, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #824 of 1,228
No, I'm specifically referring to the Merlin graphs, although I do concede that kckc's look similar, bass-wise.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #825 of 1,228
I don't see any differences worth mentioning. My graph looks the same. 

On another note, has anyone contacted or heard from UM on the cables?  I've started working on my review this morning. It will take a few weeks to complete and want to include cable comparisons in it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back