UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Dec 22, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #781 of 1,228
Quote:
Ok guys,  I have not been very impressed with the Miracles and I think it's because I can hear a slight pop or air immediately after I insert the right earpiece.  I do not have this problem with the Merlins or the left earpiece of the Miracles.  Overall, tho both customs sound great, I am not awed by them especially the Miracles.  I am confused if I should do a re-fit for both or just send the right earpiece of the Miracles.  Any thoughts?

Why re-fit the Merlins, when all seems well, my friend? Unfortunately, they may not have met your expectations, as far as sound is concerned, but if it ain't broken... I would, however, inform UM of the issue you're facing with the Miracle. Thing is, I don't think we should second guess ourselves in these matters, not when we payed well over half a grand to attain and enjoy the full experience of custom in-ear monitors, and especially not when UM themselves offers such services. It's best to take advantage of the wonderful support UM provides, even if it means waiting a few weeks time between repair/service. The end result will truly pay off, once you've acquired a proper fit/seal. Worst case scenario, however, if you're simply after a different sound signature altogether, you may have to suffer the partial losses, and find a buyer who wouldn't mind purchasing and reshelling them. That'd be the very last resort, of course.

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #782 of 1,228

Quote:
Quote:

Why re-fit the Merlins, when all seems well, my friend? Unfortunately, they may not have met your expectations, as far as sound is concerned, but if it ain't broken... I would, however, inform UM of the issue you're facing with the Miracle. Thing is, I don't think we should second guess ourselves in these matters, not when we payed well over half a grand to attain and enjoy the full experience of custom in-ear monitors, and especially not when UM themselves offers such services. It's best to take advantage of the wonderful support UM provides, even if it means waiting a few weeks time between repair/service. The end result will truly pay off, once you've acquired a proper fit/seal. Worst case scenario, however, if you're simply after a different sound signature altogether, you may have to suffer the partial losses, and find a buyer who wouldn't mind purchasing and reshelling them. That'd be the very last resort, of course.

I've contacted UM and they've given me a couple suggestions.  They have provided great customer service that I've experienced.  I will keep playing with them and see how it goes.  I have time before I need to make any decisions.  A quote from the guys at UM.  "Make sure you burn burn burn them in."

Dec 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #783 of 1,228

Quote:
I've contacted UM and they've given me a couple suggestions.  They have provided great customer service that I've experienced.  I will keep playing with them and see how it goes.  I have time before I need to make any decisions.  A quote from the guys at UM.  "Make sure you burn burn burn them in."

What suggestions did they give you?

I noticed changes in the first 30 hours seemingly to treble but none after that.  My brain however has continued to burn in with them.  I think I'm finally getting used to them and really enjoyed listening sessions last night and this morning.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #784 of 1,228

Quote:

I am curious as to the suggestions they gave you?

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #785 of 1,228

Quote:
What suggestions did they give you?

I noticed changes in the first 30 hours seemingly to treble but none after that.  My brain however has continued to burn in with them.  I think I'm finally getting used to them and really enjoyed listening sessions last night and this morning.

Quote:
I am curious as to the suggestions they gave you?

It was for the fit issue I was having, but here is what they wrote.  

We're sorry you are finding the sound to be unsatisfactory for a world class IEM.  Make sure you burn burn burn them in.  They DO change.

Onto the fit issue, see if pushing or prodding at the IEM in your ear makes any changes to the sound.  This is the surest test to see if it is a seal issue.  The Merlin should definitely NOT be isolating more than the Miracle.  Quite odd that you would have a significant fit issue with one IEM but not the other.  When the Merlin is in, does it feel very firm and well sealed?  Try pushing them around also.  A good way to get an idea of what you are 'not' hearing is to take the left iem, turn it upside down and try and gain a seal in your right ear.  If you can get a good seal you'll be able to hear them how they were meant to be heard and discern whether or not you are hearing this when wearing them regularly.  If not, then it looks like we'll need to refit em all.

We've attached our instructions for audiologists.  Did you have your impressions taken according to this?

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #786 of 1,228
Got the Merlin today and the sound is amazing! Fit is perfect and I'm astounded by the sound. Only negative thing I could really say is that one faceplate is more transparent than the other and there's some visible bubbles in the finish. I'm satisfied overall. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #787 of 1,228
Just got my Miracles and gave them a brief listen at work.    They are pretty clear and balanced and just about everything I expected them to be.  Pretty satisfied so far but I know they would sound a lot better at home. 

How are you guys liking yours so far?  

Dec 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #788 of 1,228
Quote:
Got the Merlin today and the sound is amazing! Fit is perfect and I'm astounded by the sound. Only negative thing I could really say is that one faceplate is more transparent than the other and there's some visible bubbles in the finish. I'm satisfied overall. 
biggrin.gif

Awesome! Pics please. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #792 of 1,228
To all fellow UM custom owners, please do me a favor, and listen to the following track (1080p of course), and witness one of the best drops I've heard in a long time! That's coming from my Miracles! I can't even imagine how hard the Merlin must hit! 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 23, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #795 of 1,228

Quote:
Curious, how was the build quality for those that received the CIEM? Were you happy how the faceplates/shells turned out?

Mine has just a couple of slight imperfections on both sets but nothing that bothers me.  The Merlins (Titanium plates) were suppose to have the "UM" logo but it's not on there.  Looks a bit plain but no big deal.  The wood plates in the Miracles look pretty nice though.  After seeing some other customs, I wish I didn't go clear. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back