UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Jan 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #826 of 1,228
MY PM to them on this same question still hasn't been replied to.  Also 2 weeks with no response from matt on email.  But here is what rrahman was told

Quote:
"We are still awaiting our shipment of silver cables from Ampcity, rest assured, we haven't forgotten or anything, we'll let you guys know when they are going to ship."

They said that to me yesterday.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #827 of 1,228
This is the reply about the cable I got from them last week.

"Unfortunately the promo cable is still being held up.  We're in a bit of bind because we must deliver the exact cable we promised our clients hence we can't source the cables from another manufacturer to hasten things."

Maybe we'll get it by end of the month if we're lucky.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #828 of 1,228
Here is my obligatory weekly question...
Any update on the silver cables? 
wink.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #830 of 1,228
Hey guys, still waiting on Ampcity with regards to the cable.  Again, it's still out of our hands.

We may have a Beat Audio alternative (Similar in Value RRP, pure silver cable too) that you may opt for if you don't feel inclined to wait for the Ampcity cable.  If this is something you are interested in, please contact us via email.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #831 of 1,228
Quote:
We may have a Beat Audio alternative (Similar in Value RRP, pure silver cable too) that you may opt for if you don't feel inclined to wait for the Ampcity cable.  If this is something you are interested in, please contact us via email.

Mind linking us to said Beat Audio cable?

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #832 of 1,228
I'd prefer to wait on the Fortis cable but this is a little absurd.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, this seems to happen in the boutique head-fi world quite often.  Are they giving you any kind of estimated time frame?

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #833 of 1,228
You lot don't know how lucky you are - I STILL  haven't received my Miracles, after 11 weeks, nevermind the bonus Fortis cable and track top!

Once, I've been told they've already been sent to me and I should have received them, and then, a week or so later, I've been told they're actually on the way from China, FedEx Express, and should be dispatched to me a few days after they arrive at UM UK.

2 weeks later, still nothing; not even an e-mail or phonecall. APPALLING customer service. Hope you folks are at least enjoying your Miracles/Merlins etc. with the stock cables. I've about given up on ever receiving mine and am about to pursue a refund.

If I'd been told, prior to payment, that it'd take 3 months, then although it wouldn't be a pleasant prospect, at least I could have made an informed decision. As it is, I've simply been strung along repeatedly whilst others have received theirs weeks ago.

Am I alone in thinking this is extremely unprofessional..?

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #834 of 1,228
Can you send us your UMG order ID?  We can let you know exactly when your impressions arrived at our Lab.  Thus far, everything that arrived before the end of 2011 has been, or is about to be shipped.

Agreed, it's incredibly frustrating for us too, knowing full well you guys are waiting on these cables too.  The last update we heard was 'Next week' but we've had that a few times.

The Beat Audio cable has been built to our spec.  It is a cable that we commissioned them to build for us and they do not carry it.

Silver, UM custom connectors, Viablue mini.  In terms of looks and Aesthetics it looks the same as the Beat Audio Oslo with a silver cable rather than silver plated copper.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #835 of 1,228

Quote:
The Beat Audio cable has been built to our spec.  It is a cable that we commissioned them to build for us and they do not carry it.

Silver, UM custom connectors, Viablue mini.  In terms of looks and Aesthetics it looks the same as the Beat Audio Oslo with a silver cable rather than silver plated copper.

Hmm, that's tempting then.  I suppose the Beat Audio can work with recessed sockets?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #838 of 1,228
The BA cable is probably a bit more rigid because of the strain reliefs.

The AC cable is a bit more cumbersome because of the loose braid.

Both cables have been properly overmolded for 100% compatibility with our recessed sockets.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #839 of 1,228
Hmm, I wouldn't mind the beat audio cable but it has gold on it.  I'm guess I'm extremely vain when it comes to my electronics =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back