UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Jan 17, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #843 of 1,228

Quote:
We're modifying it slightly, we're not a gold fan.

We've got a proto out for review with someone here in Australia.  When we get it back we'll take some pics.

Mmmm, I like the sound of that.  Will the cable be susceptible to turning green after awhile? Maybe a translucent smoked sheath will help that =) I would freaken love that.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #845 of 1,228
I opted for the BA cable and hope to get it with my Merlin after the CNY. They are actually going to let me have it with IE80 terminals and black parts instead of gold with a mini ViaBlue plug which was pretty nice of them. It's going to look so dope on the IE80! 
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #846 of 1,228
Actually subbing in this cable was Yo's idea...so kudos to him.

We'll chat to BA after the CNY break.  Smoked black would look mint now you guys mention it!...Cable shouldn't turn silver, but we need to test the purity and silver content before we can speculate.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #849 of 1,228

Quote:
You lot don't know how lucky you are - I STILL  haven't received my Miracles, after 11 weeks, nevermind the bonus Fortis cable and track top!

Once, I've been told they've already been sent to me and I should have received them, and then, a week or so later, I've been told they're actually on the way from China, FedEx Express, and should be dispatched to me a few days after they arrive at UM UK.

2 weeks later, still nothing; not even an e-mail or phonecall. APPALLING customer service. Hope you folks are at least enjoying your Miracles/Merlins etc. with the stock cables. I've about given up on ever receiving mine and am about to pursue a refund.

If I'd been told, prior to payment, that it'd take 3 months, then although it wouldn't be a pleasant prospect, at least I could have made an informed decision. As it is, I've simply been strung along repeatedly whilst others have received theirs weeks ago.

Am I alone in thinking this is extremely unprofessional..?

Hey, don't feel left out, my order has been over three months since I mailed my ear impressions. Hopefully we will receive our iems soon and actually have a chance to listen to it.

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #851 of 1,228

Quote:
No it's not, we modified from T-shirt to track jacket because they looked nicer...plus isn't it getting cold in the US anyway!?

The issue with the silver cable is that our friends from the UK made a change in supplier (They promised us they would get cable to them about a month ago).  Said supplier is not delivering on promise, cables cannot be built without cable, and we are then also unable to deliver on our promise.

Speaking on behalf of Ampcity.co.uk;

Theres nothing we can do but hound them.  We thought it would be unfair to make some cables with surplus old cable stock and some with the newer (more resistant to oxidation, more robust termination design ability etc) so we have to wait until this cable arrives.  We've been promised a few dates, the last was the 30th of No-shave-novemeber which is obviously expired. 

In light of this UMGlobal will be shipping all US orders with a complimentary black cable.  Those of you who ordered the black cable additionally will be refunded or sent two.  This will allow us to get SOMETHING in your ears asap.  The freebies can wait.

Excuse me UM Global. Changing the supplier means changing the wire. This means that we are not getting the same wire as promised. The new wire may not necessary be better than the old one. What if it is "(more resistant to oxidation, more robust termination design ability etc)" but it sacrifices sound quality? Am i the only one who is asking the right questions?

I would like to know the specs of the old wire and the specs of the new wire. Eg: Strand count, insulation etc...

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #852 of 1,228
We are still providing an Ampcity Fortis to all clients that wish to have the Ampcity Fortis cable.

If you wish to ask for the specifications of the cable feel free to send them an email.  

We have naturally told them that we expect the cable to be of the exact same standard, if not better than the Ampcity Fortis V1.  It does make sense that the Ampcity Fortis V2 would be a step towards something better.

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #853 of 1,228
When though that is the $64,000 question !

Jan 27, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #855 of 1,228
They were saying that over 2 weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back