Ultrastone 900 Pros vs Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 oms for DUB & DnB
Oct 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #31 of 48
I actually prefer the 750 is quite a few ways to the 900. If you want just bass...sure. 

But the 750 is more balanced while still having that awesome kick the 900 does. I don't really thing they best them in any other way than bass. Just IMO I suppose. 

Also, using a ZO is cheating. Brilliant device, but you can put it on almost any headphone and get 'face rattle' bass. :wink:

EDIT: Oh boy 3500.

Quote:
I've owned the 650 and 750, and there is no comparison.  The 900 destroys both in every category.  If you can get a digiZoid ZO, Flux Pavilion's Bass Cannon will literally make the skin on your face vibrate.  I'm not kidding, not even a little bit.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #32 of 48

Quote:
WOW really!!!??
thats very much in my budget thx

how is the sound isolation on ethier 

Yup, really.  And when Malveaux said to buy the PRO900 + XB700 pads + ZO, he was actually quoting my setup.  The bass will liquefy your earlobes, and they're very comfortable to boot.  Someone mentioned Skrillex on the last page, and I honestly wasn't a fan until I saw the To the Mountain and Weekends! videos in 1080p with the PRO900.  I've heard the DT770, though I've never owned it, and I would never consider it over the PRO900--especially in the configuration described above--despite how much less expensive it is.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #33 of 48

Quote:
I actually prefer the 750 is quite a few ways to the 900. If you want just bass...sure. 

But the 750 is more balanced while still having that awesome kick the 900 does. I don't really thing they best them in any other way than bass. Just IMO I suppose. 

Also, using a ZO is cheating. Brilliant device, but you can put it on almost any headphone and get 'face rattle' bass. :wink:

EDIT: Oh boy 3500. 

Haha!  Moderately true. But I loved the PRO900 even before the ZO--I had it for 2 months before my ZO finally arrived.  And really, the MDR-V6 and PRO900 were the only two sets of cans that I really noticed a significant difference with the ZO on full blast vs zero.  And nothing else I auditioned with it literally made my face vibrate.  :D

Personally, I preferred the highs and upper midrange of the PRO900...I get chillbumps whenever I listen to a Nero song with Alana on it, which I never did with the 750.  But yeah, to each his own.  Could be differing setups, too--I didn't have my main DAC/Amp when I had the 650 and 750, which I'm sure made a pretty significant difference.

Also, congrats on 3500.

Oct 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #34 of 48
how do these song sound

Gold Dust (Flux Pavilion Remix)-DJ Fresh
Garbage-Numbernin6
Starry Eyed (Jakwob Remix)-Ellie Goulding

BTW i am probs going to skip on the amp i have a crative soundblaster card so i am set (i think)

EDIT:
Piano Tune-Bar9 (this will make you s*** yourself if you havent heard it)
Love Goes Down (Doctor P Remix)-Plan B

that would be all the types of dub i listen to i guss tell we what you think

Oct 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #35 of 48
Listened to your latest dub list on the Beyers and the Ultrasones.
Especially "Love Goes Down" at 1:30 and 1:52

Still think you'd really like the Beyer DT770 Pro 80s.
They have more of the subwoofer in your head sound.

But, as I said earlier you give up some detail and get more humps in the freq curve.
The Beyers sound like somedoby's hit the bass boost button, but for dub or d&b this could be a good thing.

The Ultrasone's are more analytical and at the same time more refined.
Clearly the better cans for acoustic, jazz, or classical; but these are not your musical preferences.

Went back and listened to some classic rock with decent d&b - the Eagles, Hotel California.
If I were mastering this tune, I'd wear the Ultrasones.
If I were just kickin' back with a beer I'd wear the Beyers.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #36 of 48
thx i like the Dt770pros because you dont need an amp the pros u should use an amp but i wont anyways any opinion

i like the pros beacuse they are called the bass kings but it seems that the dt770pros are MUCh cheaper and esier to get

Quote:
Listened to your latest dub list on the Beyers and the Ultrasones.
Especially "Love Goes Down" at 1:30 and 1:52

Still think you'd really like the Beyer DT770 Pro 80s.
They have more of the subwoofer in your head sound.

But, as I said earlier you give up some detail and get more humps in the freq curve.
The Beyers sound like somedoby's hit the bass boost button, but for dub or d&b this could be a good thing.

The Ultrasone's are more analytical and at the same time more refined.
Clearly the better cans for acoustic, jazz, or classical; but these are not your musical preferences.

Went back and listened to some classic rock with decent d&b - the Eagles, Hotel California.
If I were mastering this tune, I'd wear the Ultrasones.
If I were just kickin' back with a beer I'd wear the Beyers.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #37 of 48

Quote:
thx i like the Dt770pros because you dont need an amp the pros u should use an amp but i wont anyways any opinion

i like the pros beacuse they are called the bass kings but it seems that the dt770pros are MUCh cheaper and esier to get

I used my PRO900 unamped outta my iPod Touch 4G and was not disappointed.  However, they are definitely more expensive...especially outside of the States.  Maybe you can find one in the forums that someone is willing to ship overseas?

Your dubstep list is almost identical to mine.  I really don't have anything to say beyond that.  :)

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #38 of 48
I think the DT770 pro 80ohm benefits from an amp more than the Pro 900 does.  Without one, the Beyer can be incredibly slow and uninvolving.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #40 of 48
I agree with benzoylmethyl about no disappoitments going unamped.

I played the PRO900s and the DT770s unamped straight out of my iPad.
No problem with either.

In fact, the PRO900s seemed to give slightly better SPL than did the DT770s.
A little surprising because the PRO900s have a nominal impedance of 40Ω where the DT770s have a nominal impedance of 80Ω.
Maybe it's Ultrasone's S-Logic technology giving the impression of better sound levels.

Either way, the lack of an amp shouldn't be an issue for you; at least not as far as SPL goes.

But Jibbie is right about both of these phones being more engaging if you back them with a decent amp.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #41 of 48
well i like i said they are going to be used not very odten on my ipod they are mostly going to be plugged staright into my crative xfi card

How about the sound leek on both witch is better/worse and by how much does it leek

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #42 of 48
Both have good isolation. Beyer has a slight step up because they clamp a little harder, but neither is anything to worry about.

Quote:
well i like i said they are going to be used not very odten on my ipod they are mostly going to be plugged staright into my crative xfi card

How about the sound leek on both witch is better/worse and by how much does it leek

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #43 of 48
wow the pors are 4000Hk here almost 514US us thats way out of my buget but i am coming to new york soon how much would you think it would be there (bought from a store of course)

The byers are around 2000HK 250us witch seems ok but ther 2 modles the pros or M?? witch one

EDIT: if i didnt metion my buget is around 3000hk 385US

Oct 15, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #44 of 48
just bought the 990 600 ohm, they defnitely are more on the neutral side rather than the bass heavy dt 770,but the mids aren't recessed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back