Ultrasone's commitment to customer service
Oct 19, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #121 of 299
I was simply pointing out the idiocy in people wanting the company to go bankrupt because of this one incident which would solve absolutely nothing and in the end would result in giving consumers less choice. 

Quote:
1 customer, sure, but who wants to be number 2? Do you?

Considering the price of the Edition 8 truly excellent customer service should be included, IMHO.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #122 of 299

Quote:
I was simply pointing out in the idiocy in people wanting the company to go bankrupt because of this one incident which would solve absolutely nothing and in the end would result in giving consumers less choice. 

I do agree with you that wanting the company to go broke is not something that would be beneficial. I just hope that this will force Ultrasone to have a long, hard look at the way they deal with customer service, for our sake AND theirs.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #123 of 299
+33

If everything is as you say, then I will try to stay away from buying new Ultrasone products until their customer service improves. Still, your story will make me think harder before doing any business with them.

Good luck.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #124 of 299
+34
   well that is interesting and horrifying, i am shocked this issue is not yet resolved.  i would just like to add that  Ultrasone has Godawful customer service and that there current management is seriously flawed, if the owners knew they would not tolerate such negligence and would offer you a new pair at the very least!

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #125 of 299
^ Where do you get 28 from? There's a 33 right above you
tongue.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #127 of 299
+35.

Thank you David for saving me a lot of money.  Because Ultrasones are VERY expensive and I no longer need to be concerned with buying any.

At this point, our best bet is emailing Steve Jobs and he is in charge of Apple.  (Sarcasm alert.)

I can mail you my copy of "Wicked German."

PM me.

(Das ist aalgelewurst!)

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #130 of 299
I have not been looking at higher end headphones as a college student. But this story makes me want to stay away from Ultrasone a few years down the road when I do have the money unless customer service picks up. It is kind of sad if i read your story correctly, you bought two of their expensive headphones and they treated you like that?
frown.gif

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #131 of 299
If this was the first time I had heard of such a problem, I might be willing to consider it an isolated incident. Unfortunately, I've seen several topics before from other reputable head-fiers with similar experiences. Truly disappointing and frustrating, especially for such an established company and regarding such an expensive pair of headphones.

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #132 of 299
if i were the owner i would rather replace the headphones with a new one and find out what the defect was. it seems they want to exchange 1 ed 8 for a huge amount of money with that being the customers lost while reading this thread. stupidddddddddddddddddddddddd

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #133 of 299
DAVID i had a great idea

call sennheiser or Grado, or some other company and tell them about this and link them here...they might come here and give you something free as a promotion and show off how much better they are than ultrasone

AWESOME

but im taking 10% for the idea hehe

"Buy Sennheiser...we fix ultrasones mistakes."

epic win

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #134 of 299

Quote:
What a nightmare! Was considering Ultrasone as my next HP purchase. Not anymore
angry_face.gif

+36

Ditto. Ultrasone was on my list when I was looking for a headphone. I'm so glad I didn't choose them.

After hearing the OP's story, I am so angry for him that I will never buy from Ultrasone, and I will never recommend this brand to anyone.

+37

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #135 of 299
I'm not trying to stick up for Ultrasone.
But technically your warranty is limited and those are always end user you sold it your warranty is now void and they don't owe you a damn thing. And why does the buyer have it for days and then its broken...hmm....
Yes it sucks I'm not denying that.

But all you mad about something that is technically void.
What about in warranty stuff?

You better not buy a HDTV.
A nice size good one cost just as much as Ultrasone Ed 8 or more.
Those are limited warranty 1 year. And GOOD LUCK getting any of those companies to repair your TV if it messes up in less than 1 year. Samsung (the worst),Sony,LG,Toshiba,Sharp,JVC,Mitsubishi (might cave in after awhile),Panasonic, none of them will or want to and will straight up refuse to.
The only thing you can do is shop with a good brick & mortar store that actually has a good warranty policy.
And many stories are out there of a lot of them dying within 12-18 months.
Although they are better built now but still...

And I've heard plenty of audio companies refusing to do anything as well NAD,Marantz,Pioneer,Denon,Yamaha,Onkyo etc... all do the same and will refuse to or try to get out of fixing stuff in warranty.
Or its been so called fix but its not if you can get them to fix it.
Or well its already been fixed once sure we didn't fix it but oh well tough for you.
Apple will refuse to fix Ipods.

Headphones you think Ultrasone is the only one?
Although your warranty has been voided so remember they really don't own you a damn thing since it was voided.
I'm talking about ones in warranty and not voided.
Sennheiser, and AKG refuses to fix things and try to get out of it.
Denon D2000 headphones infamous problem with the earcup they will refuse to fix that.

So basically in warranty things get the same and even worst service.

You can buy a PS3 right now and lets say it broke a week later naturally you would take it back to the store.
But lets say you tried to get warranty service it can even say manufactured October 2010 but if you don't have a receipt Sony won't fix it.

Microsoft refused to do anything about the Xbox 360 until they were sued.

Almost no company has good service usually the only place that has the good service is the stores that sell it.

But some of them even will try to get out of things.
Best Buy once tried to refuse to replace a scratched to hell DVD from me that was just bought a just bought a few minutes ago before taking it back.
You can buy a TV from them and take it home its broken and they will try to blame you for it.

The companies who make it? Good luck most will refuse to or will take forever to.

And this is electronic stuff I'm talking about there are even worse service and companies out there.
Car services? House repair?

Bank of America? Possibly the worst company in the history of man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back