Ultrasone's commitment to customer service
Oct 19, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #136 of 299
mib, you didn't bother to read his original post in the slightest, did you?

the headphones were shipped back to him heavily damaged, not only that but they wanted a few hundred $ to replace a screw.  

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:34 AM Post #137 of 299
To be realistic, ultrasone's products aren't very well built in the first place. All of their <$500 models share the same crappy build quality and comfort, which is about 90% of their product range. It's not just this case of the ED.8 falling apart and receiving no service for it, but compared to other phones, the lower end products just don't inspire confidence in ultrasone's useful life.

This thread does not affect me in any way, as stuff is jacked up 100-250% here in Aus, so I'd be buying things without warranty. I'm quite meticulous with my gear so stuff breaking has never scared me, and I just wouldn't buy a closed headphone that's over $1500.

I don't want Ultrasone to fall, I just want them to create better products, because the sound of my friend's DJ1 that he bought cheapishly is great for the price, the folding portability and decent looks are also fine. On the other hand, the PRO2500 is open and folds up? That's almost inviting someone to take an open high end phone outside. Completely stupid. If it's not meant for portability, don't make it fold.

Ultrasone as a brand is kind of stupid really. The only phone I see as viable is the DJ1 and perhaps the HFI-780 if you're wanting to take it outside.

Finally, +38,[size=small] [size=small]but not as a result of this thread.[/size][/size]

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #139 of 299

Quote:
mib, you didn't bother to read his original post in the slightest, did you?

the headphones were shipped back to him heavily damaged, not only that but they wanted a few hundred $ to replace a screw.  

Yes I did...
Did you bother reading mine?
Maybe I should go into more detail.

Plenty of companies have horrible service almost every single one does.
And doesn't actually fix things.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #140 of 299
You use the term 'company' as if all of them were the same.
Some smaller ones that screw up are probably even smaller if their products aren't good.
Larger ones tend to be able to afford it if their products are good.

Ultrasone is small and it's products aren't good. There is a tiny market for their highest profit products. 
They're not going to get off the same as a gigantic company.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #141 of 299

Quote:
Yes I did...
Did you bother reading mine?
Maybe I should go into more detail.

Plenty of companies have horrible service almost every single one does.
And doesn't actually fix things.

Then again there is plenty of great companies out there who go out of their way (and pockets) to help out the customer. Read threads regarding Mapletree Audio and Woo Audio, just as a couple of examples. Basically what I am gathering from the above post is "everyone else does it so who cares." Shouldn't it be more along the lines of "A lot of other companies have terrible customer service, lets take advantage of this and earn a loyal and wider customer base by providing great customer service, which in turn should mean the customer is more likely to return to us in the future."

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #142 of 299
Quote:
What about in warranty stuff?

You better not buy a HDTV.

Get your HDTV at Costco, they double the warranty to two years on all their HDTVs and you can just return it for a refund or exchange during that period so no waiting for repairs. Hell I returned a defective massage recliner more than a year after I bought it with a 90-day warranty and they gave me a cash refund once they were able to verify the purchase in their system, as I had no receipt with me. Not all companies are bad with this kind of thing, Costco for example has my big-ticket business for life.

EDIT: Folding open headphones are made for traveling, not necessarily for portable use in public.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #143 of 299
Yeah it seems a lot of you don't get the your warranty is void they owe you nothing technically.
I'm not saying that's a good policy.

So I'm saying you think that's bad? How about what about all the cases of in warranty stuff.
They don't and won't do anything and I listed plenty of things.

Ultrasone is purposely trying to just make you give up.
Which is odd I'll admit they should of just said its void sorry.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #146 of 299

Quote:
What the hell does his warranty have to do with his problem?  not a dang thing

It has plenty to do with it.
Companies make them and say hey you voided it we owe you NOTHING.
Ultrasone technically owes him nothing.
I'm not saying yahoo wow that's great.

I'm saying and go back REREAD my original post
Almost every single electronic company doesn't even fix things that is IN WARRANTY and you get horrible service I made a list of plenty of them.
I can even add more.
So something that is technically VOID is getting horrible service.
You think that's bad? How about in warranty service its just as bad and at times even worse.

Your all acting like Ultrasone is the first and only how about which one isn't like that?

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:21 AM Post #147 of 299

Quote:

Just because the problem is common in the market, it doesn't mean that we as consumers have to accept it. We can inform of each other the faults of the different brands, and praise the ones that value their customers.

I'm pretty sure that Ultrasone was not aware of the sales transaction that happened within the forums. This means that they would have done the same thing if a person was to buy a brand new copy of their product.

+40

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #148 of 299
Mibutenma, have you ever heard of Apple? and I commend Woo Audio for dealing with such an annoying customer like me.

I prefer this thread to be demanding better service, than "hey, life sucks."

Quote:

Almost every single electronic company doesn't even fix things that is IN WARRANTY and you get horrible service I made a list of plenty of them.
I can even add more.
You think that's bad? How about in warranty service its just as bad and at times even worse.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #149 of 299

Quote:

I can even add more.

Your all acting like Ultrasone is the first and only how about which one isn't like that?

You are making it sound like all companies claim to have warranties on their products and then just ignore them. While sure there are cases where companies mess up but most of them do honor their warranty, I have clamed warranty with skullcandy 3 times each time receiveing a new pair with no question asked, but then givining up after realizing how crappy their products are. My HP laptop harddrive failed, I contacted them talked with them for 10 min on a chat and I was sent a new replacement with 2 day shipping and they payed for shipping back on the failed unit, the reason I will stick to HP for a while. There are plenty of companies out there that honor their warranties, and if they stop honoring them then it shouldn't be OK for the rest of us to just say " well thats to bad I will keep suporting them." If the company stops keeping up with their promises then they will fail as their dedicated fan base will eventuly disapear, and even moreimportantly they wont get new customers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back