Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 16, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #1,156 of 2,701
Sorry, but that will not work. The Signatures have a new smaller plug on the can side with a bayonets like closure.

Oct 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #1,157 of 2,701
  Ok I am with you. I have a Yamaha YSP 1100 sound projector in my living room. That one has no headphone out. But for music listening I bought a vintage Technics CD player SL-PG5. That one has a regulated headphone out. I just put Pink's I'm Not Dead album into that one and listened over the SIG DJ. WOW what a bass and what a dynamic sound. Maybe the Ipod Classic / Meier Stepdance combo is a little more refined overall, but the Technics has definitely more punch. And no one knows the output impedance of this device. You got me thinking, man. You can have vintage amps here at my city for very little money. But that stuff is not very portable, right? And the woman acceptance factor is below zero these days...
Should have kept my 1978 Yamaha amplifier. Sold it in 1985...
beerchug.gif

Yes, they are not portable at all but that's the only downside.  My WAF is high..............not at first but when she saw the system in person that changed. 

If you can find one inexpensively, I'd say go for it.  You will be very impressed.  I'm not sure but that Technics CD player may have an opamp for the headphone out and the vintage stuff is direct off the main amp with a resistor..............hence the amazing bass and power.  So if you liked the Technics with an opamp...............

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #1,158 of 2,701
Hey all.

Finally finished everything with noxa, my signature dj's should be in by the end of next week.

Happy ^.^

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,159 of 2,701
Hello everyone, I'm very interested in this headphone, right now my equipment is only UM Mage, and I think now is the best time to buy new headphone and I'm thinking about signature pro or signature DJ. Personally I never have a chance to try signature DJ, but I ever tried signature pro earlier this year. Signature pro sound signature is very good I think, the bass is deep, the treble is extended but a little congested I think. I already read anakchan review about Signature DJ, but I want to ask again about this headphone, is this headphone cope well with rock music? with the DJ branding I'm afraid the bass character will be big and boomy and can't cope with the speed of rock music. 

Thank you

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #1,160 of 2,701
Congrats sloomingbla. You will not regret it.

Listening to Feed Me- Last Request while I type this, and it's juuuuust right.

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #1,161 of 2,701
  Hello everyone, I'm very interested in this headphone, right now my equipment is only UM Mage, and I think now is the best time to buy new headphone and I'm thinking about signature pro or signature DJ. Personally I never have a chance to try signature DJ, but I ever tried signature pro earlier this year. Signature pro sound signature is very good I think, the bass is deep, the treble is extended but a little congested I think. I already read anakchan review about Signature DJ, but I want to ask again about this headphone, is this headphone cope well with rock music? with the DJ branding I'm afraid the bass character will be big and boomy and can't cope with the speed of rock music. 

Thank you

As much as I love the Sig DJ for my taste, if you think the treble is congested in the Sig Pro and are concerned about these being less than ideal for rock which is not their forte, I would suggest auditioning the Edition 8 as an alternative.  These headphones are very fast, but the bass is boosted for rock.

Oct 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #1,162 of 2,701

As much as I love the Sig DJ for my taste, if you think the treble is congested in the Sig Pro and are concerned about these being less than ideal for rock which is not their forte, I would suggest auditioning the Edition 8 as an alternative.  These headphones are very fast, but the bass is boosted for rock.

yes I already tried edition 8 many times and the designs is so good, but I think the price is too much for me :) thank you for your advice, I think I'll try to find if is there any ultrasone signature DJ in the fujiya autumn festival

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #1,163 of 2,701
Could you specify which groups you want to listen to? Rock can be anything or nothing. I use the DJ for Deep Purple Made in Japan and there is nothing wrong, for me it is perfect. And that the treble roll of a little does good with guitar solos.....

Oct 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #1,164 of 2,701
Could you specify which groups you want to listen to? Rock can be anything or nothing. I use the DJ for Deep Purple Made in Japan and there is nothing wrong, for me it is perfect. And that the treble roll of a little does good with guitar solos.....

Not speed rock, actually my majority music is hard rock and power ballad, my favourite band is Scorpions, so far I've been using HE5, HE500, NAD RP18 modded, T50RP stock and modded, but all already gone my favourite is HE500. But I don't like over big and over bloated bass that'll overshadow anything. But if DJ work well with deep purple I think maybe this headphone have a potential for me :D

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,165 of 2,701
  Not speed rock, actually my majority music is hard rock and power ballad, my favourite band is Scorpions, so far I've been using HE5, HE500, NAD RP18 modded, T50RP stock and modded, but all already gone my favourite is HE500. But I don't like over big and over bloated bass that'll overshadow anything. But if DJ work well with deep purple I think maybe this headphone have a potential for me :D

For power ballads, you may find the male vocals a bit recessed in comparision to some of the other headphones mentioned.  However, the bass of the Sig DJ is never what I would consider bloated.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #1,166 of 2,701
Had a listen to R.E.M. AUTOMATIC FOR THE PEOPLE. Yes Stipe's voice is a little recessed compared to the Signature Pro, but nothing is missing, just there is more fantastic bass.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #1,167 of 2,701
For power ballads, you may find the male vocals a bit recessed in comparision to some of the other headphones mentioned.  However, the bass of the Sig DJ is never what I would consider bloated.

Ah I see, thanks for the reply craigster75! I'll try to seek this headphone next week! and for comparison, the signature DJ bass and LCD2 bass which one is bigger?

Had a listen to R.E.M. AUTOMATIC FOR THE PEOPLE. Yes Stipe's voice is a little recessed compared to the Signature Pro, but nothing is missing, just there is more fantastic bass.

Ah yes I also love R.E.M. especially automatic for the people album! thanks for the information pietcux

Oct 19, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #1,168 of 2,701

Out of curiosity what do you mean by the treble is congested?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back