Ultrasone Signature DJ
Oct 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,186 of 2,701
I kind of agree that they should release the signatures with more color combinations. I think that Ultrasone flopped too much trying to go the open headphone route for their flagship. They have a reputation of being able to churn out top tier hifi closed luxury cans. If they accepted that label and ran with their strength they'd be massively successful in terms of sales and profits. The Pro 900 is one of my favorite closed headphones, and they are built extremely well (aside from the scratchable aluminum). The Pro 900, SigDJ/SigPro, and Ed8 do something that I think few other manufactures have done successfully. They give you a closed can that is semi-portable, low impedance, quality built headphone that you could take outside with you once and awhile if you needed and you'd still be in the ballpark of summet fi sound even if you plugged it straight into your iPhone. In that regard, Ultrasone has few competitors that best it in those terms. If Ultrasone released more Signature colors, customizations, and more Edition closed cans I feel like they would massively increase their sales. In an extremely over-saturated market for open cans where competition is the fiercest it's ever been, Ultrasone could really make a name for itself with its Signature and Edition series if they focused on getting a line of high end closed cans. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but the fact that I and many many headfiers haven't even considered the Ed12 for my endgame set (probably will go HE6) means that Ultrasone is having a difficult time competing in the open, summet-fi department.  

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #1,188 of 2,701
I actually think that once mine start to yellow i might paint them black... Just gotta use some plastic bonding paint.

Also if you want to de-yellow your dj's have a look at this

http://www.exisle.net/mb/index.php?/topic/59657-de-yellowing-plastic-the-stain-isnt-permanent-after-all/

Oct 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #1,189 of 2,701
http://www.krylon.com/press-room/press-releases/2011/04/krylon-introduces-the-first-brush-on-paint-for-plastic/

Oct 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #1,191 of 2,701
I agree. Didnt mean to discredit what you said, im 100% on that too. Just posting for those who want a fix :)

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #1,192 of 2,701
Does anyone have any song recommendations that sound amazing on the SigDJs or Pro900s and really play to their bassy strengths? I am listening to some Infected Mushroom and it sounds great. Anything else sound particularly good on the Sones? 

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #1,194 of 2,701
Purity rings : 

Savant 

Phutureprimitive: 

Fat Freddy's drop ( Dub bass pulse ) 

here's some of my favourite tracks to splunge into bass ocean.  I have only Sig pro but from WhatI read about Sig  DJ and what I remember from pro900 , these tracks should sound good. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,196 of 2,701
Hey guys. So i think the m-stage is looking better than the asgard.

Anything else full size under 300$?

Oct 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #1,197 of 2,701
Vintage?

Oct 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #1,198 of 2,701
I just have no knowlege of any good vintage brands, where to buy them, ect.

Plus i dont know how the clarity ect compares, all ive heard is vintage have better bass vs headphone amps

Oct 25, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #1,199 of 2,701
I just have no knowlege of any good vintage brands, where to buy them, ect.

Plus i dont know how the clarity ect compares, all ive heard is vintage have better bass vs headphone amps

Thread is "Calling all Vintage integrated/receiver owners" and has tons of info. PM me if you need any help, I'd be glad to offer some insight and knowledge.

Oct 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,200 of 2,701
Wow... Thanks oregonian, that means alot!

I should be recieving my signature djs in about an hour, poor things are gonna have to be run by my e11 for now :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back