Ultrasone Signature DJ
Jan 2, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #1,351 of 2,701
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, these seem like a good match for me. My two previous main headphones was ultrasone pro900 and denon d600, both stolen in 2013 :mad: i liked both of them, mainly due to the massive bass :) is the signature dj a nice step up? I mainly listen to dubstep/ hiphop/ + classical music and some heavy metal occasionally.

Atm i use a fiio e10 in my office, but might upgrade the amp as well

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,353 of 2,701
I havent heard any of those headphones mentioned, but if you like bass + clarity then you will be a happy customer lol.

How were they stolen?

Jan 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,354 of 2,701
Burglary, had like 4 of them in 6 months, got some serious security issues in my office. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. They didnt bother stealing my sennheiser 25 hd-II though, lol.
I LOVE bass. I've also got a beyerdynamic 990 HiFi and 770

Jan 2, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #1,355 of 2,701
I'm curious whether any Sig DJ owners also possess (or at least heard) the Shure SRH1540. I know....different price class as the Sig DJ is double the price

Yes and prefer the Sig DJs all the way even though the mids are a bit recessed compared to the Shure's (but just a bit). I'm working on a review for the Shure's but that's the short answer. Still, make no mistake, I enjoy the Shure's as they provide a fun signature without resorting to boosted highs.

Burglary, had like 4 of them in 6 months, got some serious security issues in my office. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon. They didnt bother stealing my sennheiser 25 hd-II though, lol.
I LOVE bass. I've also got a beyerdynamic 990 HiFi and 770

Well...
Don't you think it's time to NOT leave headphones in your office?!?

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #1,357 of 2,701
So i am wierd and annoying to myself sometimes, lol, and i tried the toilet paper mod or whatever that is normally done with the maudio q40 and i can say the soundstage has increased, and really low bass is heard/felt slightly better. Idk. Not much else was effected :3

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #1,358 of 2,701
I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, these seem like a good match for me. My two previous main headphones was ultrasone pro900 and denon d600, i liked both of them, mainly due to the massive bass
smily_headphones1.gif
is the signature dj a nice step up?
I mainly listen to dubstep/ hiphop/ + classical music and some heavy metal occasionally.

I am familiar with both of those headphones and the answer is a definitive yes across the board regarding the D600.  Bass is closer related to the PRO900 from memory, but I consider their highs harsh and mids recessed by comparision.  The Sig DJ is really in another league, as it should be for the price.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #1,359 of 2,701
thanks craigster75, i agree with the pro900 regarding highs and i guess the mids were ok'ish in my ears. The d600 was a better allrounder, but liked ultrasones lows more. I auditioned the th600 a few weeks ago, but wasnt uberimpressed, probably because they were paired with a bright amp.

How is comfort compared to d600 and pro900? Do you use an amp? I'm probably ordering headphones next week

Jan 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #1,360 of 2,701
thanks craigster75, i agree with the pro900 regarding highs and i guess the mids were ok'ish in my ears. The d600 was a better allrounder, but liked ultrasones lows more. I auditioned the th600 a few weeks ago, but wasnt uberimpressed, probably because they were paired with a bright amp.

How is comfort compared to d600 and pro900? Do you use an amp? I'm probably ordering headphones next week

D600 vs. PRO900 or SigDJ?  Regardless, I would give the edge in comfort to the D600, although the Sig DJ has a more secure fit for portable use.  I found the D600 would slip quite a bit when walking.

My amp is the V-Moda Verza.

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #1,362 of 2,701
Buy them from a vendor like B&H photo who has a no hassle 30 return policy without a restocking fee.  You are only risking the return postage costs if you don't like them.  That's what I did, but I fell in love and still have mine.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #1,365 of 2,701
There are a few other small "mom and pop" stores like Moon Audio that have them but B&H Photo is huge and if you decide to return them, which I doubt you will, a great big store really doesn't take a hit.  Their catalog has tens of thousands of items and is 473 pages.  They usually sell returns at a good discount but so few of the dj's are returned that they seldom have any.  From their website it appears they are a full line Ultrasone dealer and no I do not work for them.  Just have good luck with them in the past.  They have had items like the CEntrance M8 when nobody else did.  Enjoy your signatures.  My only complaint against them was the one dinky cable( 1 of 2) that came with them. The other coiled one was ok.  Bought a replacement( the one that comes with the Signature Pros) direct from the Ultrasone shop but that cable alone was $89.00.  Way to high but couldn't find any other aftermarket because of the plug they use on the headphone end is smaller than the standard 1/8 stereo plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back