Ultrasone Signature DJ
May 30, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #2,626 of 2,701
I'm looking an alternative for my sig dj. I'm thinking to buy an open headphone because wheather is too hot in here and i sweat when using sig dj's. Can you please suggest me a headphone that similiar to sig dj's sound?(open)

May 30, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #2,627 of 2,701
May 30, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #2,628 of 2,701
What budget and what are you using to drive them?

I'm using Sundara from HIFIMAN on-the-go

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/05/one-to-always-fall-for-hifiman-sundara.html

Oh sorry for incomplete post.I will use at home with my audioquest dragondly red and b&o hifi module. I can spent 750$ max so a better priced one would be appreciated. I really love the sig dj's clean sound very tight bass so thats why i am looking for. Thank you for post i will check sundara too

Jun 1, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #2,629 of 2,701
Hi guys, i`m lookign for one signature Djs , since i love tecnhno music. Have you ever seen a cable called black dragon cable upgrade for the signatures Djs? What this change to the sound? Thanks a lot. And what do you recoomend for amp to use for this headphone in a max value of 100$

Jun 2, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #2,630 of 2,701
Hi guys, i`m lookign for one signature Djs , since i love tecnhno music. Have you ever seen a cable called black dragon cable upgrade for the signatures Djs? What this change to the sound? Thanks a lot. And what do you recoomend for amp to use for this headphone in a max value of 100$

At about 100 USD, either you may get really lucky with a second hand FiiO Q5, or you can get a FiiO K5, which should be really good for 100 USD.

Jun 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #2,633 of 2,701
THanks buddy, what do you think about FIIO Mount Blanc E12? Because i`m buying with the signature dj together... Is that good for him?

I'd much rather get a FiiO K5, with E12 you'd need a good DAC already, and connecting E12 to your smartphone will most probably sound worse than using K5. K5 is not portable though, if you need something portable, I'd check out

Second hand:

Next Drive Spectra X - Really worth it for sonics, also simple to use, enough powah for sig dj
iFi xDSD
FiiO Q5

New:

Cyrus Soundkey
Audirect Whistle

Jun 4, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #2,636 of 2,701
I'd much rather get a FiiO K5, with E12 you'd need a good DAC already, and connecting E12 to your smartphone will most probably sound worse than using K5. K5 is not portable though, if you need something portable, I'd check out

Second hand:

Next Drive Spectra X - Really worth it for sonics, also simple to use, enough powah for sig dj
iFi xDSD
FiiO Q5

New:

Cyrus Soundkey
Audirect Whistle

Sorry for the third post haha, do you know if fulla or magni will be a nice choice? Or the FiiO q5 ( i`m not finding =/ ) , iFixDSD ( i found in a nice price, 120$) or FiOO K5 will be much better?

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #2,637 of 2,701
Sorry for the third post haha, do you know if fulla or magni will be a nice choice? Or the FiiO q5 ( i`m not finding =/ ) , iFixDSD ( i found in a nice price, 120$) or FiOO K5 will be much better?

There is no wrong choice with sig dj's. A dac price around $100 and above will be fine. I'm using with audioquest dragonfly red which has known neutral sound dac so it's balancing sig dj's bass and warmth. And it's portable!

Aug 27, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #2,638 of 2,701

FiiO Q5 or xDSD are both AMAZING

K5 PRO is also a great option, I have it right now :)

There is no wrong choice with sig dj's. A dac price around $100 and above will be fine. I'm using with audioquest dragonfly red which has known neutral sound dac so it's balancing sig dj's bass and warmth. And it's portable!

Yes, Sig DJ are not needy when it comes to DAC/AMPs :)

Even a good smartphone should work nicely!

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #2,639 of 2,701
How much more bass does this headphone have compared to the signature pro? just a bit, medium or ALOT?
Im looking for a brother to my signature pro... but I want as much bass as possible.. would I do good going for DJ or go for ultrasone 900 pro.. or something else entirely..

Oct 30, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #2,640 of 2,701
How much more bass does this headphone have compared to the signature pro? just a bit, medium or ALOT?
Im looking for a brother to my signature pro... but I want as much bass as possible.. would I do good going for DJ or go for ultrasone 900 pro.. or something else entirely..

DJ is exactly what you are looking for. I own both the Sig DJ and the Sig PRO. The DJ has less mids but booming bass. Was my go-to phone for 4-5 years. Now the 900 on the otherhand is one of the worst headphones I've ever experienced. All bass that sounds like pure slop. Undifferentiated slop. I was horrified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back