Ultrasone Signature DJ
Mar 20, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #2,611 of 2,701
I agree, very well written. I listened to the DXP last High End in Munich und it made me very curious and was like a middle ground between the bigger ones. Even under exhibit conditions.

Apr 14, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #2,612 of 2,701
I had a good extended listen to these yesterday, some vinyl dj mixes I've recorded played through a fiio x5 version 2. I can see why people like these so much... and I'm reconsidering using them as my deejay headphones. Very impressed.

May 9, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,616 of 2,701
The first Ultrasone I owned was the PRO 900 and I thought it was awful. My recollection is overwhelming sub bass and incoherent mids and strident hi's. I don't know why but I tried Ultrasone again and got the Sig PRO's and the Sig DJ. I felt the the Sig PRO's were a very solid all-around but I subsequently fell in love with the more U shaped Sig DJ's. They just make you smile and you quickly find yourself listening to the music and not thinking about your hardware:)

May 9, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2,617 of 2,701
the pro 900 is better than the signature dj?

Wow, that's an old post! I can't specifically remember either since that was likely about 40 headphones ago but I had put Alpha pads on my Pro 900 and a Sennheiser HD650 headband pad on the 900 and it helped with the comfort and sound. I only had the Signature DJ for a few days (Ioaned by a wonderful member) but I think it's an excellent headphone but head to head can't remember. Sorry bud.........

May 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #2,620 of 2,701
We'll need to wait for someone with a pro900 to respond, but I was researching the pro900 before turning my focus on the signature series. From what I could gather the pro900 seemed to be a v shape to the extreme, with piercing highs (to some) and very emphasized lows. The headphones tend to be descibed as "a beast" and "visceral" in their sound.

My final understanding was that the sig dj was a step up in all areas except maybe bass, and the more balanced of the two. I'd love to hear what others who actually own the pro900 have to say though.

May 16, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #2,622 of 2,701
My 900i arrived today and I rather enjoy the sound out of the box. I know burn in changes Ultrasones, so I know I'm in for a ride. Looking forward to comparing them with my Signature DJ.

May 25, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #2,623 of 2,701
I own Pro900i and signature pro. And I used to own signature dj for only one week (before changing to signature pro).

Both signature dj and pro900i are v-shaped. signature dj have overall cleaner sound and the bass is faster than pro900i. The bass of Pro900i, however, is more emphasized (much louder) and hits harder. Pro900i have a bit warmer sound in general than sig dj. I pair pro900i with chord mojo and they sound amazing. (Signature dj sound good even with no amp/dac). I listen to modern pop, EDM.

I decided to keep Pro900i because of the BASS! It sound so much fun on these. Then I changed sig dj to sig pro just because I'd like to have one neutral sounding headphones, which can be my all-rounder. And sig pro don't disappoint me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back