Ultrasone Pro 900 vs. Denon AH-D5000
Feb 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #16 of 39
Now there is even more Denon voters that soon will express why they preferr it over the PRO 900
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 39
Thats why thes polls are so pointless. I'm just guessing here, but, could it be that every D5000 owner just opens this poll, votes D5000, and runs away? I mean how helpful is that for the OP?? I don't get these peope, at all.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 39
Ow this is not a go specificly at the D5000 users, its at all the people that just randomly vote on their own can, or the only can they have heard, without stating any of the reasons why. Its ok if you haven't heard them both, but then just don't vote.

Feb 21, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #20 of 39
But that you get in the numerous Denons and Ultrasones threads... I am not saying that there is a definite answer here even by people that have experience with both. But at least it would hopefully give some better idea how they compare to eachother then a poll where the majority that voted only have experience with one can. Maybe there is some that don´t have any experience at all what do I know
smily_headphones1.gif

Otherwise you generally just go with what you know and like. I do suspect many here have just voted on the one can they own and happen to like. Doesn´t say anything if they would have liked the other can better if they had experience with that as well.

So for the poll to actually be useful to get what the majority preferr it needs to be people with experience with both headphones. That is not the ultimate truth either of course there is no such thing
tongue.gif

I mean so far it´s obvious that the Ultrasone is preferred by those that have experience with both... So it would be good if the ones that preferr the Denons and have experience with the 900 or even the 750 would chime in as well. Must be several out there you would think that preferrs the Denons even if I my ears don´t
wink.gif

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:02 AM Post #21 of 39
I have neither but i have a question. I see that you guys are saying that its easy to make your own cable for the PRO 900's but what seems like a bottle neck to me is that since its not dual penetration and you have the same cable running from the left driver to the right driver ear wouldn't that mean that the left ear will have much more to gain than the right from a re cable?

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #22 of 39
No, the differnces are minimal and inaudible. Alot of headphones have 1 wire input.

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:12 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have neither but i have a question. I see that you guys are saying that its easy to make your own cable for the PRO 900's but what seems like a bottle neck to me is that since its not dual penetration and you have the same cable running from the left driver to the right driver ear wouldn't that mean that the left ear will have much more to gain than the right from a re cable?

Keep in mind you have stock conductors going from the internal jack to the diode board then to the drivers.

As for me, when I perform mods for others as well as my own headphones that have single entry/exit - I always replace all internal wiring as well.
wink_face.gif

Jun 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #24 of 39
Seems at this exact point, the votes are tied with 50-50. This makes it probably harder for me to decide whether to get a Denon or Ultrasone. Well I can't really have a say in the poll vote, since I haven't tried either.

Well, I recently just purchased the Ultrasone 900, since it was easier to deal with without the mods. They pretty much cost the same price at stock though as closed cans. I'm probably not planning to vote afterwards, since it'd be biased to vote only hearing the Pro 900.

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by somestranger26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only own the Pro 900, so I didn't vote on the poll or anything. Just wanted to say that I modded mine and didn't like the mod after a while, they just seem so much more fun to listen to unmodded.

If you're talking about Kee's mod, i must admit that it wasn't for me neither.
Still , its true it leave much more free space for a better harmonic presentation.Great modding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigg3rhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems at this exact point, the votes are tied with 50-50. This makes it probably harder for me to decide whether to get a Denon or Ultrasone. Well I can't really have a say in the poll vote, since I haven't tried either.

Well, I recently just purchased the Ultrasone 900, since it was easier to deal with without the mods. They pretty much cost the same price at stock though as closed cans. I'm probably not planning to vote afterwards, since it'd be biased to vote only hearing the Pro 900.

You won't regret it ! I love mine.From far my best HP.I hope you'll enjoy em as much i do.They give so much power and atmosphere to music.

And FWIR in this thread, i declare PRO900 winners even if voted equally !
beyersmile.png

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #27 of 39
tried both at canjam. pro 900 bass is more boomy and bloated, the sound signature sounded very weird to me. as for the denon, probably the upper frequencies like cymbals and its sibilance makes it bad, but the sound signature sounds more normal to me.

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #28 of 39
Im really interested in this as well. After my HF-2 arrives I will want a good bass closed can. I cannot afford the L3000 right now as much as I would sacrifice for it.

So Pro900 or D2000/D7000 Mod is up in the air.

I really am beginning to think the Pro900 might be it! But how is the comfort between the two?

Jun 9, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #29 of 39
Pro 900 can easily be very uncomfortable if you wear it wrong and don't stretch the headband. Make sure you have equal pressure all around the earcups (keep adjusting length to do this, I use 5-6 notches on either side) and stretch the headband according to the instructions in the following link until the earcups only apply as much pressure as the headband. http://www.head-fi.org/forums/2821957-post2902.html

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #30 of 39
These comparisons seem to be more or less on a stalemate. There doesn't seem to be as much replies or statements made by those who voted on the Denons however. I guess for that reason, I leaned towards the Pro 900. In terms of comfort, I believe the Denons are a bit looser from what I've read, so pressure should be an issue. However sound leakage to the outside might occur.

I'd vote if I had a chance to extensively try the D5000, but I only own a DT770 Pro, unless someone wants a little review on those two, probably more so a response on it, since I doubt I can give a thorough review of a comparison. I'll get back to this and vote once I try out the Denons, which I'm still looking around for a store that demos them or a mini meet some time. I'm quite interested in getting a Denon though, so it might happen sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back