Ultrasone Pro 900 (J$ Pads + Blue Dragon V3) Review
May 19, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #61 of 78

Quote:
I'm somewhat confused by this statement. Are you saying that the Moon Audio cable doesn't screw into the Ultrasone earcup as the the stock cables do? What kind of connector does it use?

It sounds like a regular 1/8th / 3.5mm without threads to accommodate the 900s.
Doesn't seem like it would be a problem unless you are really active and oblivious.

Personally I have a cable from another set of phones so that I can use the iPod control with the 900s at work, it isn't threaded either, but it seats tight and never comes unplugged unless I get up and walk away while wearing the cans
rolleyes.gif

May 19, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #62 of 78

Quote:
I'm somewhat confused by this statement. Are you saying that the Moon Audio cable doesn't screw into the Ultrasone earcup as the the stock cables do? What kind of connector does it use?

You push the connector in as opposed to screwing it in. It fits firmly and isn't as loose of a connection as you would expect.

May 19, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #63 of 78

Quote:
You push the connector in as opposed to screwing it in. It fits firmly and isn't as loose of a connection as you would expect.

Is that what Drew is doing now for Ultrasone cables? Strange.

May 19, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #64 of 78
If I ever recable the Pro 900s with Blue Dragon, I'll go with dual entry hard wired into each ear cup.  Just seems to be the better option (although more expensive, of course).

May 19, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #65 of 78

Quote:
If I ever recable the Pro 900s with Blue Dragon, I'll go with dual entry hard wired into each ear cup.  Just seems to be the better option (although more expensive, of course).

I agree. If there's bottlenecking and what-not, and length of wire to consider...hardwiring seems like a worthier option. Also, since there is the internal wire going from the left cup to the right, I feel that the detachable cable is not a true upgrade.

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #66 of 78
Colmustard,

thanks so much for the quick help I will try to find some gorilla glue here in Holland, never heard of it but seems pretty good stuff :p

Greetings,
Roel

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #67 of 78
Anyone know what the difference between the J$ V3 and V2 pads are?

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #68 of 78

Quote:
Anyone know what the difference between the J$ V3 and V2 pads are?

The v2 are a lot thicker and should give some more bass.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #69 of 78
Why would that add bass? The v3's took away from the bass slam ever so slightly because your ears were farther from the drivers, are the v2's not as deep as the v3's?

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #70 of 78
Have any more people tried the jmoney earpads with similar results?

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #71 of 78

Quote:
Why would that add bass? The v3's took away from the bass slam ever so slightly because your ears were farther from the drivers, are the v2's not as deep as the v3's?

[size=medium]
Don't know maybe because there is more air to move... I hear people talking that the v1's & v2's enhance the bass and that the v3's are more like stock but that's on the D7000.. 
But I already noticed that the bass is slightly lower but feels like it got better quality.. I still have to glue them so I should stop talking for now :)

I have a feeling that I removed to much fabric 
ph34r.gif

[/size]

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #72 of 78
@Roelio
No you didn't, thats exactly how mine looked when I stripped them.

From my experience yes expect the bass to be tightened a little, but also expect the treble to be extended due to their inability to escape the leather. Overall the added isolation & comfort is well worth the investment, and the sonic changes I can see some people loving and others hating.

Jul 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #73 of 78

Ok I did some more testing and glued the J$ v3 30 min ago with the seam just near the from hinge, lowered a bit of treble and OMG this sound is amazing !

I would like to thank everybody, specially Colmustard for his information and input! Love you guys and will try to stay in touch.

Ps. did some of you noticed that you have to lower the volume to get the same amount of music when using the J$ ?

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #74 of 78
Yes because of the added isolation and inability for the sound to escape through the stock mesh.

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #75 of 78

Yeah that's really awesome mate. Now I can turn down the volume a lot saves me a lot battery power :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back