Ultrasone Pro 900 (J$ Pads + Blue Dragon V3) Review
Apr 24, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #32 of 78
Did you guys use v3 of the J$ pads?

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #33 of 78
Mine is definitely not v3, its either v1 or v2.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #34 of 78
Okay, I just received pair of V3 denon pads and a pair of beyer pads. But guess what? I am not even going to try them. The leather is soft and it is much muuuch more thinner than the denon pads I have, which means they will have less soundstage and isolation will not be as good.

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #35 of 78

Quote:
Okay, I just received pair of V3 denon pads and a pair of beyer pads. But guess what? I am not even going to try them. The leather is soft and it is much muuuch more thinner than the denon pads I have, which means they will have less soundstage and isolation will not be as good.

Not going to try which ones? And did anyone try the v3 J$ with the Pro 900. I just want to know how much bass punch you lose with the mod.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #36 of 78
Which Beyer pads are these? For 770 or 880/990? I am about to do the same thing. Impressions?

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #37 of 78
@Nachkebia: Could you please tell me which pads are the ones that give you the best soundstage, as the increase in soundstage is my main incentive for buying J$ pads.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #38 of 78
I used the v3 in my review,

Quote:

Not going to try which ones? And did anyone try the v3 J$ with the Pro 900. I just want to know how much bass punch you lose with the mod.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #39 of 78
Did the v3 pads reduce the bass at all? Did it do anything to the highs?

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #40 of 78
Quote:
Did the v3 pads reduce the bass at all? Did it do anything to the highs?

Edit:

In short the bass is tightened a little but still has excellent impact, this is more because your ears arn't pressed up against the driver plates anymore. The highs gain a little bit more detail and sharpness because the leather doesn't leak anything, so if you think that they sound sibilant with the stock pads then they will sound more sibilant with the J$ pads. I personally don't think they are sibilant at all. The mids are the greatest improvement though, as they are definitely more pronounced now.

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #41 of 78
I read the review when it was written

Apr 24, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #42 of 78
I just edited my above post, sorry about that. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #43 of 78
Thanks buddy So i guess the hot glue is holding up well? And have you decided if you will try a different cable ( blue dragon or such)?

I think one of my buddies is trying the beyer velours on the Pro 900. I want to hear those impressions also before I decide what to do. But no doubt I will change the pads to something, probably the v3 J$'s.

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #44 of 78

Quote:
Thanks buddy So i guess the hot glue is holding up well? And have you decided if you will try a different cable ( blue dragon or such)?

I think one of my buddies is trying the beyer velours on the Pro 900. I want to hear those impressions also before I decide what to do. But no doubt I will change the pads to something, probably the v3 J$'s.

The hot glue is working great, although it makes it a little hard to swivel the pad into place. You really gotta put a good amount of force into that part.

The dt velour pads would be a perfect match for the pro 900 in my opinion, let me know how that works out. Also I will be getting the 5 ft blue dragon cable as soon as I get a few more paychecks, I'll be sure to update this review with my impressions 
wink_face.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #45 of 78
I don't know which route I'm going to go yet, I have a new amp coming soon so I will be busy with that when i have free time. I'm just asking around now so when i do decide to mod the pads I know exactly what i want. I really want to try the J$'s because i already know how the beyer pads feel (amazing), and I want to get idea if i would like them with my D7000. I don't really care whether I go with either the beyer velour or denon leather, i just really need to change these pads so I can wear them without getting annoyed and uncomfortable after a half hour. Can't wait to hear the impressions of the blue dragon, which I would assume will be a good review since you can quickly change wires while listening to get a very accurate opinion going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back