Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #2,116 of 5,992
Pro 900s are definitely a contender for my next headphone. Right now I have the Pro 2500s which I already think sound AMAZINGLY good. They sound so good to me that I'm afraid that if I do get the Pro 900s, I'll be gravely disappointed in them (the 900s). However, I'm sure the 900s are superior to the 2500s and just the thought of this make me lust for them.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #2,120 of 5,992

Quote:
Cool.

And the bassiest Ultrasone apart from the PRO line?

Just curious, thx.

Heya,

The Pro 900 is it. After that, you're looking into the flagship stuff in the $1000+ range. Even then, the Pro 900 is still the bassiest headphone from Ultrasone. That's why it's referred to so much. It's not a cheap headphone by any means. It's little cousin who's bassy too in a more accessible price range is the HFI 580. If you want bass, and detail, those are the two headphones from Ultrasone to get until you're ready to enter the world of flagship costs.

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #2,123 of 5,992
I've always always wanted to try the Edition 9, but those are scarce and expensive.  As for the poster asking if the Pro 900s would be a worthy upgrade from the DJ1, I would say absolutely.  The bass will be deeper and more expansive, as will the soundstage.  Both of these contribute greatly to EDM, which you stated as the only genre you listen to.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Quote:
Bassiest non pro model is the Edition 9.  Just ordered an edition 8, hopefully it will fit my musical tastes better than the Pro 900, which were like wearing hammer pants to a funeral.

Aug 9, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #2,124 of 5,992
Thanks a lot guys,i'm almost convinced..
I guess from now on i should be lurking For sale section for a good deal...
wink_face.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #2,125 of 5,992

Quote:
I've always always wanted to try the Edition 9, but those are scarce and expensive.  As for the poster asking if the Pro 900s would be a worthy upgrade from the DJ1, I would say absolutely.  The bass will be deeper and more expansive, as will the soundstage.  Both of these contribute greatly to EDM, which you stated as the only genre you listen to.  I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I've heard them, do you know the basshead smiley? (
basshead.gif
) That was made for the edition9's because HOLY CRAP DO THEY HIT HARD!!!!

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #2,128 of 5,992

Quote:
Bassiest non pro model is the Edition 9.  Just ordered an edition 8, hopefully it will fit my musical tastes better than the Pro 900, which were like wearing hammer pants to a funeral.

You make me smile on the inside.

Aug 9, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #2,129 of 5,992
I had an ALO modded Edition 9, and was impressed with the sound.  I remember showing friends who balked at the price tag, but then I put on Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here for them and they were speechless.  Bought those for $800 in like new condition.  They are basically a pro 900 with a nicer metal and fancier pads.  Which sounds like exactly what all you Pro 900 lovers would want.

Quote:
I've always always wanted to try the Edition 9, but those are scarce and expensive.  

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #2,130 of 5,992

Quote:
Pro 900s are definitely a contender for my next headphone. Right now I have the Pro 2500s which I already think sound AMAZINGLY good. They sound so good to me that I'm afraid that if I do get the Pro 900s, I'll be gravely disappointed in them (the 900s). However, I'm sure the 900s are superior to the 2500s and just the thought of this make me lust for them.

i think if you like the pro 2500 signature you should go for the pro 2900,, going from 2500 to pro 900 will gives you different in sound signature that maybe you don't like,, pro 2900 is the real upgrade,, at least that's what i feel about them.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back