Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #2,146 of 5,992

Quote:
Biggest drop I've ever heard

Heya,

This is pretty cool. I like transformer music.
basshead.gif

I've been putting some metal through my Pro 900's this afternoon. Buckethead and some John Petrucci (wait for 42seconds in and start listening intently). These are not bass examples, they're just awesome low end heavy metal tracks with amazing guitar work and no vocals (the way it should be).

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2,147 of 5,992
I previously owned the pro900 before I blupgraded to the he-6, I ust got the he-300 and I believe at 300 it beats the pro900 in every aspect.

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #2,148 of 5,992

Quote:
I previously owned the pro900 before I blupgraded to the he-6, I ust got the he-300 and I believe at 300 it beats the pro900 in every aspect.

Heya,

You think an open air dynamic can like the HE-300 has better bass than the Pro 900? Give us a full review on this, good sir. Also, forward highs? Information from other sources points towards the HE-300 being more like a Sennheiser.

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2,149 of 5,992

Quote:
Heya,

You think an open air dynamic can like the HE-300 has better bass than the Pro 900? Give us a full review on this, good sir. Also, forward highs? Information from other sources points towards the HE-300 being more like a Sennheiser.

Very best,

X2 I too am intrigued.  Details please, details!

Aug 9, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #2,150 of 5,992

Quote:

X2 I too am intrigued.  Details please, details!

I'm wondering if it's more like a DT990 or an HD650. Neither of which touch an Ultrasone Pro 900's bass control and richness.  But hey, if the HE-300, a newcomer, does it, then by all means, I want to know about it!

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #2,151 of 5,992
From Mike @ Headfonia's review, it seems that the HE-300 is being lauded for its tonal balance so I don't think they would trump the Pro 900 in bass. But at the $300 range, they seem mighty competitive as an all-arounder.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2,153 of 5,992
Actually the HE-300 do look kinda nice.

Please can you review the BASS department on them?

Thanks guys for reviewing the song I linked, well the bass sounds like that almost all the time in that kind of music (darkwave), so it kinda summed up the PRO 900 and darkwave for me I suppose.

The next genre I need a bass headphone for is hardstyle, the bass always sounds the same in hardstyle too so it's easy to judge the whole genre with 1 song......

The yt quality is really good in this one =) click on 720P - Let me know your thoughts, if the PRO 900 can't handle it I guess hardstyle is only meant for floor-shaking sub-woofers.....

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #2,154 of 5,992
I think I know how the bass was supposed to sound like in that song-- the truth one, (see digital mystikz- molten)  It's a very low undulating sound.  Probably just a case of youtube doing a great injustice for real low tones.  Sadly I couldn't find the iTunes of it to compare.

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #2,155 of 5,992

Quote:
Actually the HE-300 do look kinda nice.

Please can you review the BASS department on them?

Thanks guys for reviewing the song I linked, well the bass sounds like that almost all the time in that kind of music (darkwave), so it kinda summed up the PRO 900 and darkwave for me I suppose.

The next genre I need a bass headphone for is hardstyle, the bass always sounds the same in hardstyle too so it's easy to judge the whole genre with 1 song......

The yt quality is really good in this one =) click on 720P - Let me know your thoughts, if the PRO 900 can't handle it I guess hardstyle is only meant for floor-shaking sub-woofers.....

Heya,

That song "Zatox..." even on 720p, it drops pretty low on the bass, has some impact, but the recording is still full of a lot of feedback and crunch added to the tones. The bass is deep, but it's messy sounding. I've heard way lower bass without the mess with the Pro 900's, so they're more than capable of handling it, it's just these recordings have dirty sound. That may be intended though to sound that way. But this is definitely not sub-bass stuff that would shake floors with a real sub whoofer. By the way, I tested it with my home theater sub (a 12" sub) and it's the same result, it's just a muddy crunchy feedback sounding bass impact, it's not tight, so it's the recording and style, not the hardware (or youtube compression).

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #2,156 of 5,992
Yeah I think it's intentional that hardstyle sounds dirty and crunchy like that, I was just curious how impactful it is (in moving air) in the PRO 900, or if it's just "listening" to the bass without feeling any air.

Thanks for testing it on your sub! I should have done the same, I'll fire up my sub first next time.

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #2,157 of 5,992
I just ordered these for $265 used instead of the HD650, probably saving a screwload of money on amps as well. I was just wondering if an E7 could drive these enough since it's all i could afford?

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #2,158 of 5,992

Quote:
I just ordered these for $265 used instead of the HD650, probably saving a screwload of money on amps as well. I was just wondering if an E7 could drive these enough since it's all i could afford?

Yes, they drive fine off the E7. I drive mine with a Vivid V1 Tech portable amp out of my Sansa Fuze. The bass is magical. You're fine. That's a great price too, you just saved over $100 new, and way more than that off retail from a walk-in-store. You will love these headphones if you like bass and bright treble. Gorgeous for stuff like dub, metal, electronic, etc.

For everyone who likes electronic & bass, get your Pro 900's out. Check out this track by Rusko. Make sure it's in 720p at least. I have the FLAC on my Best of Dubstep 2011 album and it's even better than YouTube junk with more detail in the mids/highs. YouTube kills it. Alas, the bass is great and the beat is very relaxing and gorgeous.

Very best,

Aug 9, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #2,160 of 5,992

Quote:

From the used amazon warehouse? If so, I tried that too, but they won't ship to here. -shrug-

Based on your username, I offer you a cordial invite to my new niche electronic music thread I'd love it if you posted some Skinny Puppy there, any era.

/kiteki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back