Ultrasone Pro 750 or Beyer dt990 premium(32ohm)
Dec 1, 2012 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Illbetheone

100+ Head-Fier
I am sort of new to the world of high quality audio products and was wondering which headphone you would go with for electronic music and some classical.

I have a Razer Carcharias that I am sick of an am really looking to get a good pairs of cans that will sound better than the Razers. I don't plan on using an amp. My budget is under 350$ and I'm not a bass head.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #2 of 7
I don't know about the 990's but I cant recommend the Pro series for any classical at all.

Maybe the 750's might be different but I owned the 550's and 900's and would not recommend them for that genre, ever.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 7
I don't know about the 990's but I cant recommend the Pro series for any classical at all.
Maybe the 750's might be different but I owned the 550's and 900's and would not recommend them for that genre, ever.

I only dabble in classical so 80% electronic and 20% classical.

Dec 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 7
Between those two headphones, and considering you don't plan on using an amp, the Ultrasone Pro 750 is the option to go for. It should be noted that the Pro 750 doesn't share the massive bass presence of the Pro 900, which certainly makes it more versatile, genre wise.

Why don't you want to get an amp?

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Between those two headphones, and considering you don't plan on using an amp, the Ultrasone Pro 750 is the option to go for. It should be noted that the Pro 750 doesn't share the massive bass presence of the Pro 900, which certainly makes it more versatile, genre wise.

Why don't you want to get an amp?

It's not in the budget :frowning2:

Besides I'd imagine anything is better than my razer carcharias headphones.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
It's not in the budget
frown.gif

Besides I'd imagine anything is better than my razer carcharias headphones.

Ah, ok. However, do consider getting a headphone amp further down the line, both headphones will sound more resolving with additional amping. While there are amps as cheap as $20, you should consider entry-level amps like the PA2V2 and Fiio E11, both being sold for ~$60.

The Pro 750 is quite a bit more refined than your current headphones, and easier to drive without a headphone amp, when compared to the DT990 32 Ohm.

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Fast update.

I got the HFI-580s with the PA2V2 amp. They have over 200 hours of burn in and although I like them I really wish they had more bass. Like the type of bass that massages your ear drums.

What can would produce that? I heard great things about the DT990s. Anyone care to opine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back