ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Jan 13, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #242 of 2,431

Quote:
No, as a matter of fact I haven't heard either the T5p or the Signature Pro. I just know that if I were you, I'd get the Signature Pro without thinking twice about it.

Spent a bit of time with the T5p and Signature Pro yesterday, amped on a Woo Audio 6.

Verdict overall is that the T5p is indeed a razor sharp, occasionally sibilant beast ~ it's far brighter than the Signature Pro
 overall. Anyone pitching in a bid between these two as their No #1 portable must consider that they're essentially quite
 polarized in their presentation - that's not to say the Signature Pro is a lumbering dark headphone, far from it but a quick
 swap between the two revealed the differences with Brian Bromberg's 'It Is What It Is' 

It's a modern funky jazz outfit and the saxophone highs on the T5p were hot, hot, hot, flipping over to the Signature Pro
 basslines were certainly more prominent, highs extended but never, ever harsh.

Sound stage being more or less equal, nothing of note to report between the two. Quite a nice album for ambience
 actually. 

I myself even though I'm a upper mids and treble lover would still choose the Signature series, it's just the
 more pragmatic headphone for an eclectic collection of mine ranging from Eric B and Rakim to Vangelis.

Jan 14, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #243 of 2,431

Quote:
would you say signature pro neutral?
I got one signature pro recently, and I don't have T5p in my hand
IMO I don't believe ultrasone produced such a un- Ultrasone-like HP, it sound quite different from pro line and ED8(I've heard ED8 only once, and that was just opened from the box)

neurtal... not at all but that doesn't matter to me as long as it sounds good.  signature pro sound like the hfi line, which is more musical.  quite different than the pro line and ed8/10

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #244 of 2,431

Quote:
I think I'll wait for the Ultrasone Edition 11 Signature Premium Ultra Limited Edition Unlimited Pro model myself.

Really, this is really gettings silly.

Ultrasones recipe for sales appears to be : repeat the same phone, the same crappy headband, the same weirdo FR-response and an outlandish price. Just change the graphics, styling and name.

I do believe you have a point. As much as I defend the idea of Ultrasone (build quality coupled with sound quality), when is their research and development team going to advance the science of headphone listening as a way of bringing us closer to the sound of real music? This isn't just about Ultrasone but let's throw Sennheiser into this discussion as well. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #245 of 2,431
The Edition 7 and Edition 9 are the only two Edition headphones that are labeled differently but are the same headphone. They have a similar sound as a result (damping differences make for a very slight variation). The whole point of the Edition 9 was to try to re-launch the Edition 7 at a more reasonable (relative to the Edition 7) price point with less exotic materials and packaging.

The Edition 8 and Edition 10 sound quite different from one another and from the Edition 7/9. Yes, they've released different versions of the Edition 8, but no one is forcing anyone to buy every version. If you're into collecting and want all of them, that's your business, but for most people I don't see where having more choices is a bad thing.

The Signature PRO sounds unique. It's not exactly and Edition 9, and it's not exactly an Edition 8. Ultrasone released it I think in response to people who wanted a sound like the Edition series but didn't like the extreme styling and emphasis on exotic materials that are the hallmarks of that series. Seems like they're learning and listening to customers more to me, but time will tell there obviously.

Jan 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #246 of 2,431

Quote:

woa! thanks for your idea and your experience...Maybe I have to choose Sig Pro...Luckily that I didn't buy T5p yet
smily_headphones1.gif

just remember they don't sound the same and signature pro is really much better from a simple setup

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #250 of 2,431

Quote:
Yes, but C4 has a big space for music, 32Gb, and it's not much expensive, it has 6.3mm also...... and I always go out...so can you tell me what can I do?

I haven't heard the C4, but I'm sure the Signature Pro will work just fine with it. Any DAP should drive it easily.

The Signature Pro comes with 1/4" and 1/8" cables, so it can use any type of headphone jack.

Jan 14, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #251 of 2,431

Quote:
The problem is there's a range of what can be considered a "neutral headphone," and depending on one's frame of reference, something on the fringes of neutral for one person could be easily construed as not by another. For me, it's a lot easier and more beneficial to say that the Signature Pro is, by Ultrasone's standards (based on their other headphones), one of their most neutral sounding headphones.

People like to summarize the output of a particular headphone manufacturer as being a "house sound" often times, and while I think it validly applies in some cases (Audez'e, Denon), I think it's an over simplification in others (Audio-Technica, Sony). With Ultrasone, the stereotype tends to be a massive bottom-end, detailed mids, often sharp, painful highs. The Edition 8 fits this stereotype better than the Signature PRO, but both are more refined overall compared to the PRO models.

In other words, the Signature PRO is not so stereotypically 'Ultrasone' to my mind, especially compared to their recent directions with the Edition 8 and Edition 10. The Edition 9 to my mind epitomizes the pinnacle of the 'old' Ultrasone, their other sound that is smoother and not as strident. The Signature PRO then occupies a mid point of sorts between the Edition 9 and Edition 8, their old ways and new ways.

yes, I agree with you. The signature pro doesn't sound like the ED8/10
Today, I tried an ED9, which was the first few produced ones, the signature of these phones are quite similar,
the ED9's vocal is laying more forward than the signature pro, and piano from that ED9 was better sounding than signature pro
well my signature was just run for 2 weeks, still have long way to go, let's see how it will change
I was told that the signature pro was more similar to the later ED9

and the ED8/10 were actually different things comparing to the ED9

Yes, I just need a sipmle setup: C4 + Sig Pro....How about your idea?

I'm too planning to upgrade my player, from Xk to may be the Korg MR1
me too still searching for player and amps,
and a copper Line-out cable seems to be better than a silver one

Jan 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #252 of 2,431
I heard that Signature pro might be using the pro900's driver.

It's not certain, but I heard that it may be using the pro900's driver, but just different casing, and the bands.

If that's true I'll be really disappointed.

Hmm.. Wonder what it is.

Jan 16, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #254 of 2,431

Spent a bit of time with Pro 550 today for the first time and I have to say that's one heck of an 'unsung' basshead hero can, it's
quite decent for other material too but there is no mistaking it's forte with bass heavy material.

Why does this can not get more attention for a fraction of the Pro 900 price? I was auditioning between the
Pro 550/900 (Tron Legacy soundtrack) on a Woo Audio 6 tube amp and could not really justify the cash difference 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #255 of 2,431
I don't really get if you guys are being sarcastic or not.

The source I heard this rumor is pretty legit tho.

If you guys are being serious, do all the other headphone manufactures do the same?

Like T5p and t70 just share same drivers?

Hd558 and hd 650 have the same driver?

I'll be pretty disappointed in my hobby then. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back