ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Apr 18, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #2,356 of 2,431
  It sure is, see this post http://www.head-fi.org/t/570388/ultrasone-new-announced-headphone-signature-pro/2295#post_12418762 

I have produced several cables which I can change, including a couple of different balanced cables.

PM with questions (Or post) if you wish

My hands are growing not from shoulders for that :)

Found a small compay in my country, that doing such mods. Already mailed them.

Apr 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,357 of 2,431
Tribute 7?
Sorry if this has been covered. I recently heard the Tribute 7 and was really impressed with the sound and fit, but felt the price did not justify the build (i.e. the headband felt cheap for a $3k headphone and I don't need the wooden box).

How does the Signature Pro compare to the Tribute in sound?
Can I get something close to the sound signature, portability of the Tribute in the Signature Pro at 1/3 the price?

Jun 12, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #2,358 of 2,431
The Tribute 7 has identical tuning to the Edition 7 (albeit the Tribute has S Logic plus). The Edition 9 was reportedly tuned the same as the Ed 7. The Signature Pro was billed as similar to the Ed 9 with the same driver. The Sig Pro should be very close in sound to the Tribute you have heard and liked.
The Sig Pro will have slightly less bass emphasis. The Sig Pro is one of the best closed headphones available,even though it gets little recognition here.

The DJ Pro has more bass focus than the Signature Pro and also the Ed 9/7.

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #2,360 of 2,431
The Tribute 7 has identical tuning to the Edition 7 (albeit the Tribute has S Logic plus). The Edition 9 was reportedly tuned the same as the Ed 7. The Signature Pro was billed as similar to the Ed 9 with the same driver. The Sig Pro should be very close in sound to the Tribute you have heard and liked.
The Sig Pro will have slightly less bass emphasis. The Sig Pro is one of the best closed headphones available,even though it gets little recognition here.

The DJ Pro has more bass focus than the Signature Pro and also the Ed 9/7.

Got the Sig Pro a few months ago and have to say, yes they are very good. Don't know why they don't get more attention here, maybe because they are old? maybe because it's Ultrasone, they don't seem to have a big name here.

For clarity, details and soundstage they are not far behind my Sony Z1R, maybe even touching the Sony. What they lack compared to the Z1R are bass quality/quantity and the warm natural sound that I love about the Sony. The Sig Pro have thinner mids and compared to the Z1R can sometimes sound unnatural, if that makes any sense. This is probably just my personal preferences. Comfort goes 100% to the Z1R, they are extremely comfortable. I use the Sig Pro as portable and the Z1R at home.

It would be very interesting if anyone could compare the Sig Pro to the Aeon without any bias :)

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,361 of 2,431
Got the Sig Pro a few months ago and have to say, yes they are very good. Don't know why they don't get more attention here, maybe because they are old? maybe because it's Ultrasone, they don't seem to have a big name here.

For clarity, details and soundstage they are not far behind my Sony Z1R, maybe even touching the Sony. What they lack compared to the Z1R are bass quality/quantity and the warm natural sound that I love about the Sony. The Sig Pro have thinner mids and compared to the Z1R can sometimes sound unnatural, if that makes any sense. This is probably just my personal preferences. Comfort goes 100% to the Z1R, they are extremely comfortable. I use the Sig Pro as portable and the Z1R at home.

It would be very interesting if anyone could compare the Sig Pro to the Aeon without any bias :)

The only real claim ultrasone had for a long time was they were in a really niche market of isolating portable high end headphones. IMO, they really weren't that good to begin with. In the last few years there's been a solid burst of competition in the market, and also the addition of a booming CIEM.

Between those two factors Ultrasone has generally been left in the dust. They spent all their time and efforts on cosmetic changes to their existing line rather than making good headphones so they've generally been left in the dust.

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #2,362 of 2,431
The only real claim ultrasone had for a long time was they were in a really niche market of isolating portable high end headphones. IMO, they really weren't that good to begin with. In the last few years there's been a solid burst of competition in the market, and also the addition of a booming CIEM.

Between those two factors Ultrasone has generally been left in the dust. They spent all their time and efforts on cosmetic changes to their existing line rather than making good headphones so they've generally been left in the dust.

Maybe you are right :) But what other headphones today at or under 1000 usd can beat the crap out of the Ultrasone ? This is a serious question. The Z1R is definitely a better headphone but it's double the price and not portable. I can't really find anyone and I have tried a few but of course not all and not the Aeon.

Jun 14, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #2,363 of 2,431

Opinions are like bums, everyone's got one. And as for comparing CIEMs to circumaural headphones, that is like comparing motor bikes to sedans, different market. Personal taste aside, the Signature Pro is left in which headphones dust? There isn't a headphone that matches the Signature Pro's efficiency, clarity and neutral sound for anywhere near a $1000 and it retails in Australia for $780 AUD that is $590 US.
I am not going to convince you otherwise, nor do I want to, but for those that have not heard a Sig Pro (or DJ Pro if you prefer a bit more Bass focus) don't be put off by the Ultrasone nay sayers, give one a try, it is one of the best bang for your buck headphones available today.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #2,364 of 2,431
Guys, I just found these headphones for around 280 dollars at amazon mx. I have never been interested in ultrasone headphones in the past. I'm pretty happy with my Denon D5000 but the price for these ultrasones is insane in amazon us and ebay. I'm not in a really good position financially at this moment to be quite frank and I could get one and re sell them later. Not sure if I should pull the trigger, it might take a lot of time to sell them or I might end keeping them who knows.

Never mind guys, I just bought them after I saw the insane price in moon audio website and ultrasone website and just for about 320 us dollars, paid them with my credit card LOL. I guess I'll be selling them soon... or if the reviews convince me maybe I'll just keep them.

If anybody else is interested the headphones are being sold by amazon mx. Maybe you can import them or something like that.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,368 of 2,431
Apr 9, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #2,369 of 2,431
Hey guys. Wondering about ZMF Pads on Signature headphones, seeing I saw some posts in here from years ago about it?
The ones mentioned with 'cowhide'. But what does that equate to these days? There are so many ZMF pad options!

It looks to me like the Oval ones might work? And then there's Lambskin / Cowhide / Protein leather...
I'm wondering which ones might work for my Signature DJs. My pads are still ok, but I simply can't bring myself to wear them anymore compared to comfier headphones (like my Fostex THX00 with HM5 pads, its heaven).

As someone who wears glasses, the Sig pads are not doable any more for more than an hour or so... Which sucks because these were my main headphone for years but I was always putting up with this glaring problem and now its too bad to ignore. Probably due to some pad wear as well. If they were brand new and more plush they might not be quite so bad.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #2,370 of 2,431
I managed finding a set of aftermarket MSR7 fabric pads which perfectly matching the stock pads in both size and shape. As the inward facing sides of the fabric pads are still pleather, it only affect the frequency response slightly. By playing a frequency sweep tone I detect roughly +0.5db between 4kHz to 7kHz range, which actually make the FR a bit more balance.

The fabric pads make the Signature Pro more comfortable to wear. Unfortunately the pads are only available from a shop on Taobao.
MSR7 Fabric Pads 1.jpg MSR7 Fabric Pads 2.jpg MSR7 Fabric Pads 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back