ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro
Mar 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #1,967 of 2,431
  Just sharing that I was struggling with the comfort of my SigPro today, and decided to try swapping on the alpha pads of my Mad Dogs. It's a very loose fit, but it certainly makes the SigPro significantly more comfortable. 

What pads have others tried successfully with the Signature Pro?

Can you post a pic or four?  The pad comfort is exactly why I got rid of my Sig Pro's and have often thought about Alpha pads as being the answer. 

Mar 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,968 of 2,431

Can you post a pic or four?  The pad comfort is exactly why I got rid of my Sig Pro's and have often thought about Alpha pads as being the answer. 

I don't think it's the answer as it's loose, but it helps in an at home setup. It 'works' for me because I have it lying around so it cost me nothing, but I would much prefer one that holds firmly while providing at least the same level of comfort.

Edit:
Stock pads removed.

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #1,969 of 2,431
Did you leave the stock pads on and put the Alpha pads on over them? Might be worth a try as I can't tell.

Mar 21, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,972 of 2,431
  Let me know if anyone is changing pads, may want to buy your old pads, if you are nonsmoking environment of course, and throw these away.  The cost of a new pair is a bummer.

Do yourself a favor buy new.  The pads themselves begin to lose firmness after about a year or so of use, not to mention diminished comfort. 

IMO you would be doing yourself a disservice in not hearing the Sig Pro with a new pair of pads.

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #1,974 of 2,431
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #1,975 of 2,431
Do yourself a favor buy new.  The pads themselves begin to lose firmness after about a year or so of use, not to mention diminished comfort. 

IMO you would be doing yourself a disservice in not hearing the Sig Pro with a new pair of pads.

+1
And I consider earpads as expendable items. My recent experience was that depending on the amount and quality of the usage (ie. how much torture the pads had to withstand) it can be helpfull to replace the pads after two years latest. I waited too long and began to abandon the Sig Pro because of discomfort issues. But not only the comfort came back, the sound got fuller and richer again.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #1,976 of 2,431
So, I got the Oyaide cable for my Sig Pro and it is pure awesomeness.

The only caveat is that the cable is stiffer than the stock + the connector does not lock like the stock cable. You can still insert and twist, but you don't get that tight lock, but it will not fall out.

But oh my the sound... I think it's worth checking out for Sig Pro owners out there.

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,977 of 2,431
HUGO  +  SigPro  anyone ?   Good synergy ?

Apr 18, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,978 of 2,431
  So, I got the Oyaide cable for my Sig Pro and it is pure awesomeness.

The only caveat is that the cable is stiffer than the stock + the connector does not lock like the stock cable. You can still insert and twist, but you don't get that tight lock, but it will not fall out.

But oh my the sound... I think it's worth checking out for Sig Pro owners out there.

going to see I I can get one in the UK, it's proving a little tricky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back