Ultrasone HFI780 ALO Mod
Mar 3, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #76 of 477
@headphoneaddict (or anyone else who's heard both stock and modded)

Is the improvement of the vamp cable HFI 780 over the stock version apparent even without amplification (plugged straight into a LM4562 modded X-Fi)? Does it sound like you get vaguely your money's worth without amplification as well? I do plan on getting a decent amp soon (2Move, D2 or Petite maybe?), but I'll pretty much be broke after getting this.

Also, ATH AD2000 vs ALO 780 comparison?

*edit*
I might be getting the D2 (and apparently, so are you addict
biggrin.gif
). Tell me how it sounds on the ALO's, please
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #77 of 477
Firstly, i'm not 'little' in any form. I am 1.88m and i am 28 Yr old; i am Mentally very stable and very mature, not a mental daft as some here in this site..., Ok?.
Secondly that emputa more to me, is that anybody/somebody just ignore my questions. It's bad manners and lack of etiquette... really is so low-level education as to spell bad or use a bad languaje...
Thirdly i am not refering to only you but to the others, ok?. Why you (even Skylab) answered in the same form "it's not my job"...
confused.gif
?? Is a fast exit to avoid the "responsability" (or not to help).
I am not forcing you to respond or to anybody, but is very selfish that anybody that had the equipment (in this case, the headphones (HFI-780)) don't want to help?
I put very clearly my questions/request two times (page 26 #504 and page 35 #685) and nobody bother to answer me (only Muftobration try to help but he doesn't had the headphones. Musicmaker "promised" to help me at respect, but it was all left in the air?)
Well, if anybody want to help me, is welcomed.
Ah, i put the samples in such pages, because it's a much easier form to everybody to associate the size of the soundstage with any headphone.
And for last, i don't understand your comparison, because i don't have those headphones. For that, i put the binaural files... and empty words (as the HD600 is deeper than X headphone) don't help, sorry.
How i said below, any help is very welcomed.

P.S: I made an mistake to put the previous post here and not in the original thread (so whats word new ultrasone hfi-780).
Sorry to "hijack" you thread, KB. I feel so bad for not posting the below post in his appropiate thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa there little buddy. This isn't my job, it is a hobby. Let's try to keep it fun shall we?
smily_headphones1.gif

I missed your question in the very short second paragraph of your post.

I've described soundstage in terms of versus other headphones, such as shallower than HD600 but deeper than Grado, or as being wide and not narrow, because naming feet isn't always easy. I would say soundstage is 2-3x wider than it is deep in most cases. It got deeper with burn-in, and seemed to be done changing by last night. Then last night, after feeling sure the headphones were done burning-in, I switched out the iBasso D1 DAC for a HeadRoom Micro-DAC and sound stage deepened more again.

I just put on "Jazz at the Pawnshop" and the live crowd sounds like it may go back 40 feet behind me, but I am on stage with the musicians, and it feels about 12 feet wide and about 6-7 feet deep as the music is centered in my upper forehead.

Chick Corea Band, "Alive" live concert sounds like I am about 30-40 feet away from the stage in a 60 foot wide venue, but it sounds like the band is 20 feet wide.

Those are the only two albums I have time to deal with right now. Hope this helps.

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #78 of 477
Whoa there!

wilashort, i'm sure there are literally three to five people in the world who own these right now. and 3-4 of those aren't even burned in

Stop turning this post into complaints, and please don't respond to this with more defensive stuff. I am sure you will hear more about the ALO modded hfi-780s as people actually come to own them, burn them in, listen to them, and review them

Head-Fi is an informative community, and that is surely why you are here to begin with. Just have a little more patience, especially with the people you're expecting something from, and you will get just what you seek

No disrespect to you at all

Now, for the love of god, no further posting on this and related bickering! Let's leave the topic open to what everybody on this thread wants to hear about- the ALO HFI-780s =)

Definitely looking forward to hearing Ride's impressions

Mar 3, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #79 of 477
Yes, i make a mistake in put my post in this thread, sorry.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luminette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wilashort, i'm sure there are literally three to five people in the world who own these right now. and 3-4 of those aren't even burned in

Stop turning this post into complaints, and please don't respond to this with more defensive stuff. I am sure you will hear more about the ALO modded hfi-780s as people actually come to own them, burn them in, listen to them, and review them

Head-Fi is an informative community, and that is surely why you are here to begin with. Just have a little more patience, especially with the people you're expecting something from, and you will get just what you seek

Now, for the love of god, no further posting on this and related bickering! Let's leave the topic open to what you (and everybody else on this thread) wants to hear about- the ALO HFI-780s =)

Definitely looking forward to hearing Ride's impressions

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #80 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Musicmaker "promised" to help me at respect, but it was all left in the air?)

wilshort, my friend ! I have not been able to perform the soundstage test yet. Its still on my to-do and I will get to it. My headphones are still burning in FYI. As you might've heard ultrasones take time to settle down. I don't claim to be a soundstage expert but I will listen to the tracks you pointed me to and report when time permits. Head-fi is a hobby for me, not a profession. This is true for most folks here. I've been here for almost 4 years. We do try and help out whenever possible. A little patience goes a long way.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #81 of 477
Quote:

Yes, i make a mistake in put my post in this thread, sorry.

I could not answer since I have not heard the headphone you request info about. I have had the HFI-780 for longer than most and have posted my impressions of those. For the ALO-780 I will have to wait till I get them back from Ken to say anything about them. Then it will be hard to make a comparison since I would then no longer have the stock HFI-780 to directly compare. My UE9 will have to be the standard to compare the ALO-780 against which I already have done with HFI-780.

At the time of your question I know of one person who has noted hearing the 780 with the vampire cable and one other with the Jena cable. That is a small sample from which to elicit comments from in my view. Ken has just starting to put these into "production" so to speak. There may be a few more out there this coming week but I don't even expect mine in house to week after next.

Mar 3, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #82 of 477
Ok, i will be waiting for your valuable impression
Thank you in advance
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wilshort, my friend ! I have not been able to perform the soundstage test yet. Its still on my to-do and I will get to it. My headphones are still burning in FYI. As you might've heard ultrasones take time to settle down. I don't claim to be a soundstage expert but I will listen to the tracks you pointed me to and report when time permits. Head-fi is a hobby for me, not a profession. This is true for most folks here. I've been here for almost 4 years. We do try and help out whenever possible. A little patience goes a long way.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #83 of 477
Quote:

Firstly, i'm not 'little' in any form. I am 1.88m and i am 28 Yr old; i am Mentally very stable and very mature, not a mental daft as some here in this site..., Ok?.
Secondly that emputa more to me, is that anybody/somebody just ignore my questions. It's bad manners and lack of etiquette... really is so low-level education as to spell bad or use a bad languaje...
Thirdly i am not refering to only you but to the others, ok?. Why you (even Skylab) answered in the same form "it's not my job"...
confused.gif
I am not forcing you to respond or to anybody, but is very selfish that anybody that had the equipment (in this case, the headphones (HFI-780)) don't want to help?
I put very clearly my questions/request two times (page 26 #504 and page 35 #685) and nobody bother to answer me (only Muftobration try to help but he doesn't had the headphones. Musicmaker "promised" to help me at respect, but it was all left in the air?)
Well, if anybody want to help me, is welcomed.
Ah, i put the samples in such pages, because it's a much easier form to everybody to associate the size of the soundstage with any headphone.
And for last, i don't understand your comparison, because i don't have those headphones. For that, i put the binaural files... and empty words (as the HD600 is deeper than X headphone) don't help, sorry.
How i said below, any help is very welcomed.

P.S: I made an mistake to put the previous post here and not in the original thread (so whats word new ultrasone hfi-780).
Sorry to "hijack" you thread, KB. I feel so bad for not posting the below post in his appropiate thread.

I have asked many questions,some answered,and some not.You don't see me pointing any fingers.Some questions are not answerable at the time,but I move on.Eventually your questions might get answered give it time.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #84 of 477
wilashort I will also listen to your soundstage tests and comment but I surely am no expert and I doubt anyone will take my word for any comments I make.

I got the hfi 780's over a week ago and was so excited and made a few mentions but only a few people here are taken seriously and I am not one of them
biggrin.gif
I am relatively a noobie but learning hehehe

CountChoculaBot I personally don't think a alo modded version is worth the money unless you already have good equipment and if you have mid-fi or low-fi portables it's overkill. Just my opinion I thought I would interject as you asked.

I listening unamped on my laptop and mp3 player with no amp and it was not really a big deal to listen to. But amped with a dac and decent amp this headphone is amazing.

I am hearing the stock hfi 780 on go vibe petite and it sounds amazing. So I would venture to guess the iBasso D2 will sound fairly good. But let's hear from the folks who get it soon on that.
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #85 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@headphoneaddict (or anyone else who's heard both stock and modded)

Is the improvement of the vamp cable HFI 780 over the stock version apparent even without amplification (plugged straight into a LM4562 modded X-Fi)? Does it sound like you get vaguely your money's worth without amplification as well? I do plan on getting a decent amp soon (2Move, D2 or Petite maybe?), but I'll pretty much be broke after getting this.

Also, ATH AD2000 vs ALO 780 comparison?

*edit*
I might be getting the D2 (and apparently, so are you addict
biggrin.gif
). Tell me how it sounds on the ALO's, please
smily_headphones1.gif

There is no way you will mistake the ALO modded 780 for a stock one! After 200 hours, it now sounds good plugged into anything, amped or not
biggrin.gif

So, I don't think the choice of amp on the burned-in ALO modded 780 is as important as the amp was in my stock 250 hour 780's (or with the new ALO-780's prior to burn-in).

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #86 of 477
Quote:

I was referring to the "short" in your user name, excuse me for trying to keep things light hearted.

Quote:

NOBODY here is required to respond to your questions, and some times we want to respond to questions but miss them.

Quote:

confused.gif

That's funny, I missed that one. I would have liked to have seen that.

Quote:

Selfish is the last thing those of use who spend 4 hours a day answering questions for free could be considered.

blah blah blah... Just saying, try to enjoy yourself. This forum is like playing chess via email, it takes patience. And, if a question is missed, link us to the first time you asked, or ask again, but don't "be selfish" and make us search for all your posts till we find it. Cheers!

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #87 of 477
Quote:

There is no way you will mistake the ALO modded 780 for a stock one! After 200 hours, it now sounds good plugged into anything, amped or not
biggrin.gif

So, I don't think the choice of amp on the burned-in ALO modded 780 is as important as the amp was in my stock 250 hour 780's (or with the new ALO-780's prior to burn-in).

Now your making me want the modded version!
eek.gif
dang wallet! where did it go?
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #88 of 477
I will be waiting yor test...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wilashort I will also listen to your soundstage tests and comment but I surely am no expert and I doubt anyone will take my word for any comments I make.

I got the hfi 780's over a week ago and was so excited and made a few mentions but only a few people here are taken seriously and I am not one of them
biggrin.gif

CountChoculaBot I personally don't think a alo modded version is worth the money unless you already have good equipment and if you have mid-fi or low-fi portables it's overkill. Just my opinion I thought I would interject as you asked.

I listening unamped on my laptop and mp3 player with no amp and it was not really a big deal to listen to. But amped with a dac and decent amp this headphone is amazing.

I am hearing the stock hfi 780 on go vibe petite and it sounds amazing. So I would venture to guess the iBasso D2 will sound fairly good. But let's hear from the folks who get it soon on that.
wink.gif

It doesn't matter if you are a novice or a expert. you contribution is very valuable. I will take you word
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickio /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #90 of 477
hohoho, what sarcastic you are....
Quote:

I was referring to the "short" in your user name, excuse me for trying to keep things light hearted.

Already answered...
Quote:

NOBODY here is required to respond to your questions, and some times we want to respond to questions but miss them.

Quote:

That's funny, I missed that one. I would have liked to have seen that.

Don't be complexed, i was refering to the others not only to you...
Quote:

Selfish is the last thing those of use who spend 4 hours a day answering questions for free could be considered.

I don't known what do you talking about, you are something crazy ( i refer to below sentence too)
confused.gif

Quote:

blah blah blah... Just saying, try to enjoy yourself. This forum is like playing chess via email, it takes patience.

I did. You need evidence?. You have to learn to read better the posts.
Have a good day.
Quote:

And, if a question is missed, link us to the first time you asked, or ask again, but don't "be selfish" and make us search for all your posts till we find it. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back