Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
Aug 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #211 of 771
does anyone know where we can order this headphone in the US? and when can we get the impression(in the CanJam 2010) ?
I don't really care about the look of HOME headphones if it can produce the BEST sound quality. However, Its current look sounds good to me.

Aug 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #214 of 771
If you want to get into a cable discussion take it to the Sound Science forum, this is not the place.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #215 of 771
Ain't this a great hobby?

What amazes me (I know that most of these products were in the works before the recession), is that finally, finally, companies are striving to make top tier headphone again,
when it's such a small niche. The average Joe is perfectly happy with 128 and iBuds.

These are exciting times for audiophiles.  I just wish they they would offer a loaner
program like TTVJ and Head-Direct.

The Ed7's were a disaster and Florian did a complete 360.

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #216 of 771

Quote:
does anyone know where we can order this headphone in the US? and when can we get the impression(in the CanJam 2010) ?
I don't really care about the look of HOME headphones if it can produce the BEST sound quality. However, Its current look sounds good to me.

I got a tip off that I needed to use the contact section of the Ultrasone site, so I left a message saying I wanted to pre-order. I got a cryptic response back from someone there saying to use the webstore. Only... uh, the webstore has a bunch of German and clearly states it's only for people in Germany. Oh, and there's no mention of the Edition 10 anywhere there. At all.

I find it rather absurd how convoluted this whole process has been, especially when I'm eagerly holding up my three grand, practically begging Ultrasone to take it. I have this mental image of me running after some little German man in a black stealth suit and goggles. He's laughing impishly and ducking into dark alleyways trying to avoid me, and Edition 10 in his hands.

I've emailed them again, asking if they could please explain the whole process of pre-ordering a little better. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with this soon!

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #217 of 771

Quote:
Ain't this a great hobby?

What amazes me (I know that most of these products were in the works before the recession), is that finally, finally, companies are striving to make top tier headphone again,
when it's such a small niche. The average Joe is perfectly happy with 128 and iBuds.

These are exciting times for audiophiles.  I just wish they they would offer a loaner
program like TTVJ and Head-Direct.

The Ed7's were a disaster and Florian did a complete 360.

Aaron, I agree with part of your statement, and we all wish to have better prices, given the economy, but just as a side note, not because someone do not like a particular sound, it has to be be considered as not good...others may like like it, and may love it...
dt880smile.png

personally, I do not consider than the Edition 7 was a disaster, if I'm not mistaken they sold all of them, and at that price, I was never able to find a cheaper one, not ever with my friends in Ultrasone USA at that time, it is true that it was not a very commercially successful headphone as to keep it in production, and they replaced it with a less sophisticated ED9 whichwas sold out as well, but looking back, neither the R-10 or the Qualia, or the Orpheus were neither, and I think that it was mainly for two practical reasons, the price and the limited availability, but to me they are one of the best sounding dynamic headphones out there, if not the best, and far better than many others that right now cost more...Of course with the 9 costing far less, and giving you basically the same performance, no way we could jump on the 7, but they were not released at the same time...

I prefer to reserve my judgment till I hear them, Florian knows what he is doing, I mean if he is still behind them, and what is funny is that nobody founds the R10 or the Orpheus expensive? Both costing right now more than this one, and one of them needs an ultra-expensive dedicated amp as well, not a plug and play headphone at all...I think that we have all suffered that this is an expensive hobby, we all know that, and I do not think that we should be surprised of such tags, if they are that good, right now a good IEM cost you as much as a used car.
The Orpheus system was while in stock close to 13K, and the R-10 back in when? the 80's? Almost 4K, right now how much is that in actual figures if we convert to actual dollars...

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #218 of 771

Quote:

I got a tip off that I needed to use the contact section of the Ultrasone site, so I left a message saying I wanted to pre-order. I got a cryptic response back from someone there saying to use the webstore. Only... uh, the webstore has a bunch of German and clearly states it's only for people in Germany. Oh, and there's no mention of the Edition 10 anywhere there. At all.

I find it rather absurd how convoluted this whole process has been, especially when I'm eagerly holding up my three grand, practically begging Ultrasone to take it. I have this mental image of me running after some little German man in a black stealth suit and goggles. He's laughing impishly and ducking into dark alleyways trying to avoid me, and Edition 10 in his hands.

I've emailed them again, asking if they could please explain the whole process of pre-ordering a little better. Hopefully I'll get somewhere with this soon!

Im sure they will  add soon the ED-10 on the webside the introduction of the phone was some days ago.They are beginning to ship these on weeks 38>? this is the info wich i got from them.If you saw the demonstration video you see plenty of these in production.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #219 of 771
this is work of art

On the video on youtube Michael Willberg says that their company only produces headphones and recently some manufacturers have introduced their flagship models, this is the answer from Ultrasone.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #220 of 771

Quote:
Im sure they will  add soon the ED-10 on the webside the introduction of the phone was some days ago.They are beginning to ship these on weeks 38>? this is the info wich i got from them.If you saw the demonstration video you see plenty of these in production.

Yeah, I'm not really worried about them selling out any time soon. I just find it frustrating that I was told to go to the webstore, when clearly nothing had been posted there yet about the Edition 10. 

Not only that, but the Ultrasone site clearly states: "This shop is only valid for ordering within Germany." Why tell me to go there, then?

I think it would be a whole lot more convenient if they just took my pre-order via email, like the guys at Audeze.

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #221 of 771
I would sell both of my kidneys and my first born child for a pair of cans as lovely as those. My God. (plus I'd probably have to with that price tag)

Aug 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #224 of 771
Quote:
I have this mental image of me running after some little German man in a black stealth suit and goggles. He's laughing impishly and ducking into dark alleyways trying to avoid me, and Edition 10 in his hands

We Germans don't look like that. At all. 
tongue_smile.gif

But knowing I can't afford an Ed. 10 in the next three years (still studying), all this talk made me want to get an Ed. 8! Is the Edition 8 also limited?

Aug 5, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #225 of 771
There was a limited edition with wood trim and brown leather pads:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back