Ultrasone 2500 specific thread
Mar 16, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #406 of 409
i havent tried the e7+e9 combo, but i think synergy is important for the pro 2500 to really shine..

actually if you dont mind doing some modification to your 2500,, ive found that replacing the diode from the headphone driver make my 2500 easier to drive and sounds better overall... now my 2500 sound okay even if i only plug it directly to my notebook headphone out while before i replace the diode it sound thin and lack of volume when i hear it from my notebook... 

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #407 of 409

well, I'm currently speechless and so thought that I'd type out exactly how I feel, as I've just been completely and utterly blown away!

My Ultrasone PRO 2500's arrived today, and wow. wow. wow. wow. wow.

Now let me make this clear I'm no audiophile, and (you're going to laugh) I upgraded, I got these as my first headphones, and so the highest end earphones I've ever owned are a pair of £40 Sennheiser CX 400 II's. Although making such a big step up does have it's advantages, and that is that when you put on some decent headphones, you get literally blown away.

These apparently need 200 hours or more of burn in... And I'm using these un-amped straight into my computer, and I cannot believe the clarity and soundstage. It's ridiculously good.

What happens if I try some £1000 headphones that have been burnt in? Well' i'd love to see how they can be an improvement to what I'm currently hearing, I have no idea how they'd justify costing 5 times these... They surely can't sound 5 times as good.

So yeah, I have no idea if anyone cares but I'm a very happy customer and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here who has helped me, this has got to be the most informative forum I've ever signed up to. Saying that, anyone who can get me to spend £250+ based on their opinion alone must be doing something right, so thank you all!

P.S. I said how I was skeptical about Simply Electronics (the website I ordered from) as they were so cheap and had bad reviews, but honestly, and I admit I may have got lucky, but based on my experience alone I'd recommend them to everyone and the service was terrific, extremely polite and helpful email replies, very fast replies too, and my order shipped in just over a week, they kept me updated at every step of the way.

Amazing. Now to get my Fiio E7 and E9 and see how much of an improvement that will be! I have no idea how it will improve what I'm experiencing right now.

Apr 4, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #408 of 409
Great to hear you like them! I haven't found a good deal on these yet, so I'll probably skip right to the 2900 by the end of the year.

Quote:
So yeah, I have no idea if anyone cares but I'm a very happy customer and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone on here who has helped me, this has got to be the most informative forum I've ever signed up to. Saying that, anyone who can get me to spend £250+ based on their opinion alone must be doing something right, so thank you all!

Do you still have the link to the original recommendation thread?

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #409 of 409

Quote:
Great to hear you like them! I haven't found a good deal on these yet, so I'll probably skip right to the 2900 by the end of the year.

Do you still have the link to the original recommendation thread?

No sorry, it was more of a general recommendation by a number of people, not just one :)

and if you want a good deal, I got them for £219 which is very good... Here's a link if you're interested:

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=12006&setcurrency=gbp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back