Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Review (Well, A Mini-Review Anyway)--The Poor Man's UE10 Pro
May 31, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #63 of 108
I have had a problem, (also), with getting UE to return calls or even get them on to answer questions.
I just had an audiologist do my impressions. Now I would like to try the Pro 4. Aside from the $350-399 cost, can any one tell me what the additional lay-out is as I mail these in; and then what the total cost of this custom job might run?
Thanks, this is my first IE as I usually listen to my Senn650's or the AKG701's. Hope the wait is worth it....

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #65 of 108
what about comparing them to w3? anyone tried it?

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #66 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by D20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE told me that they use the same drivers in the UE4 Pros as they do in the UE5 custom and the Super.Fi 5 Pros.

Well it's very logical. Which means that the sum of costs for all those iems is roughly the same. You are paying for the engineering. Pricier models are built to better standards, smaller tolerances in drivers' matching, have more-balanced crossovers etc. It's the same in all of hifi industry. You can get a 500$ cd player with better specs than a 800$ model or you can see the exact same converters in a 500$ or a 2000$ dcd player. I've recently become aware of this when I tried to find a headamp that would sound the way I wanted it to sound and ended up getting nothing. Instead, we decided to build our own- an otl tube amp with dual mono design and two-by-two tube configuration. It's still being produced. the parts alone were 600$ and we spared no time on design and in a few day when it is finished, i am sure nothing will be able to match it. The truth is, even with average parts you can make high quality music if you know what you are doing. That is why your super.fi has the same parts as the customs. It's all about engineering.

I also use UE TFs but not as much as I used to. I am considering of buying the UE4Pros but UE did not return my e-mail and I really hate that. If they are not interested in selling, I am not interested in buying. Very poor service they have and frankly I dunno how they managed to win the world iver with that kind of support. If only JH built iems... he did design their best models.

Jun 20, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #68 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand any of it:"This is not unlike UE11 Pro for serious, but there is no transparency in the UE11. In other words, the message and juicy. It remains, as well, but the sound is better, rather than I with the majority iems my part - but not surprisingly, a decrease of 10 and 11 My preliminary conclusions? Let it be a price to pay for the appropriate end of the practice. I like the pieces of a single day - it is because the next day, B is a device on the tower."

ALL YOUR BASES ARE BELONG TO US.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #70 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do these compare to the TF10s? They are about the same price..

The universal demos of the UE4Pro sounded better (more transparent and uncolored) than the Triple.fi 10 Pro that I sold off after a few weeks last year.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #71 of 108
So the UE 4 Pro has sparkling treble and deep, impactful bass. What about the mids/vocal and the soundstage?

As for the $501 price difference and just a slightly different SQ, will it "kill" the UE 10 Pro sales on the market?

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #72 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMePunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the $501 price difference and just a slightly different SQ, will it "kill" the UE 10 Pro sales on the market?

Probably not. With all the cheaper customs popping up, it was time for UE to market one of their own, or risk losing a whole emerging segment of the custom market: that of people too poor for the UE10, or who just can't justify the price tag. For UE's original customers, though, the professional performers, the top of the line will keep being the first choice; they won't skim on their tools of trade.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #73 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMePunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the UE 4 Pro has sparkling treble and deep, impactful bass. What about the mids/vocal and the soundstage?

The mids on the UE4Pro demos were vert transparent and slightly forward, and reminded me of the UM3X with UM56 custom tips.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:29 PM Post #74 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Fixed
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #75 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably not. With all the cheaper customs popping up, it was time for UE to market one of their own, or risk losing a whole emerging segment of the custom market: that of people too poor for the UE10, or who just can't justify the price tag. For UE's original customers, though, the professional performers, the top of the line will keep being the first choice; they won't skim on their tools of trade.

I see... So this UE 4 Pro is made for some lower-end market, competing with hearyourself, livewires, and others budget-friendly custom IEM makers. Can't wait for the comparison review between these IEMs...
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mids on the UE4Pro demos were vert transparent and slightly forward, and reminded me of the UM3X with UM56 custom tips.

UE 4 Pro demos? I thought each custom IEM can only be used with only one person (the owner itself). So I reckon that UE made the universal fit version of UE 4 Pro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back