Ultimate Ears UE4 Pro Review (Well, A Mini-Review Anyway)--The Poor Man's UE10 Pro
Jun 21, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #76 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMePunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see... So this UE 4 Pro is made for some lower-end market, competing with hearyourself, livewires, and others budget-friendly custom IEM makers. Can't wait for the comparison review between these IEMs...
smily_headphones1.gif

UE 4 Pro demos? I thought each custom IEM can only be used with only one person (the owner itself). So I reckon that UE made the universal fit version of UE 4 Pro?

Yes - they will likely take a good deal of market share from the little guys based on what I heard. At CanJam UE had all their customs with nozzles that would accept Complys foam tips, so people could try them out.

Jun 26, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #78 of 108
Funny because i talked to the guys at the UE table and told them I had Triple-fis and they said that in mine i had the same driver/set up at in the UE10 or UE11 i can't remember so this UE4 is a bit confusing after having that comment made to me.

Edit-okay after reading through all the pages i see this was touched on.

Jun 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #79 of 108
Thank you for the wonderful, wonderful review! Once again, another trip to head-fi has got my pulse rate racing over a brand new set of IEM's.
atsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but how much better are they than the triple.fi 10?

That was my first thought and concern. I do not yet own the triple.fi 10's, but was convinced (before reading this review) that they would be my next upgrade-- now I am entirely undecided!

EDIT: oops! Didn't realize there were already 5+ pages of discussion in this thread. Sorry if the question over the triple.fi 10's has already been answered, I'm going to go read the backlog now and find out.

Jun 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #81 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have some super fi 5 pros... How do these compare?

The Super.fi 5 Pros had some sucked out mids and grainy treble, and I sold both pairs that I bought after a while (gave them a second chance). They were fun for a while, but never sounded very accurate.

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 108
I just want to echo what others are saying about UE's pathetic customer support. They sent me a cheaper cord after the memory wire in my triple.fi 10 pro's first cord broke through and severed the connection, then never responded to my emails when, still during the warranty period, the flimsier cord shorted out near the plug. One earphone also developed what I thought might be a problem at that time, but I was waiting for the new cord to verify. Now my warranty has ended, I bought a replacement cord myself (more like the original than the replacement they had sent me), and I've verfied that one earphone is badly screwed up. I preferred the sound of my triple.fi 10 pro's to the Atrio earphones I received today, but I don't want to give more money to this company.

Dec 21, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #86 of 108
Quote:

Originally Posted by OomilkoO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the sound better than fi.10?

I'd like to hear comparisons myself.

I have 2 TF10's on the way. At least one of which will be re-shelled into customs, and if I like them as much as I think I will, the other pair will to.

Had the TF10's not gone on sale for the fantastic price of $99 I probably would have stuck with my dirt-cheap koss plugs for who knows how long. I'd been flirting with upgrading and was really considering getting a pair of RE0's.

But when I read about the TF10 sale, that did it. I love to get high-dolla stuff on-the-cheap, and the prospect of getting custom monitors for around $200 was just way too good to pass up.

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #87 of 108
some pic my UE4Pro

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #90 of 108
Sorry for bringing up this thread from the dead, but I just ordered a pair of UE-4. My first customs, I'm curious and excited... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back