Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 23, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #4,250 of 4,383
Just curios... Ue900 or RHA t20?

I have yet to try the T20, but have experience with the UE900s. I have been using them daily for about a year now and would describe them as:

- somewhat fun
- engaging
- full-bodied
- a little bright
- minor veil in the lower-mids
- slightly boomy bass

All in all, they are my favorite headphone/IEM for leisurely music listening. I hope this helps just a bit.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #4,251 of 4,383
  I have yet to try the T20, but have experience with the UE900s. I have been using them daily for about a year now and would describe them as:

- somewhat fun
- engaging
- full-bodied
- a little bright
- minor veil in the lower-mids
- slightly boomy bass

All in all, they are my favorite headphone/IEM for leisurely music listening. I hope this helps just a bit.

Are the Ue900s sound like the re400 or the re600?

May 1, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #4,253 of 4,383
I currently have a pair of Aurisonics Kickers with a after market cable. I'm unsure whether these headphones are right for me and am looking at the UE900S as a replacement especially considering that the cable I bought should still work with them. The sound sig of the UE900S seem to suit me well but I have a question about the cable. When ordering the cable, I chose the connector option for Shure IEMs but it is very loose on my headphones. I was wondering if there would be an issue using this cable on the UE900S as I'm seriously afraid of losing my current headphones using this cable. The cable is a Null Audio Lune series MK3 if that makes a difference.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #4,254 of 4,383
hey everyone. Logitech is refusing to send me replacements for my UE900s which have been plagued with the notorious sound cutting out issue. This is depsite 900s being available for sale on the website! pretty pathetic customer service from their end. is there any rep on head-fi I can speak to in this regard?

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #4,255 of 4,383
I recently had InEarz remould my UE900 into customs, and they did a very nice job. This was a pair where the case was broken as well as the connector to the socket. Really happy with the result, no more changing cables every month due to cut outs (they use a traditional 2-pin socket), and they fixed a basically dead pair for me. The sound is very true to the original signature, so highly recommended (especially if you have a pair with broken casing/cable around). Customs are a bit different from universals of course.

Jul 7, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #4,256 of 4,383
  hey everyone. Logitech is refusing to send me replacements for my UE900s which have been plagued with the notorious sound cutting out issue. This is depsite 900s being available for sale on the website! pretty pathetic customer service from their end. is there any rep on head-fi I can speak to in this regard?

This is bad customer service by Logitech. I was in a same situation in the past. Try reaching out to Ultimate Ears directly:

http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/support 

Jul 15, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #4,257 of 4,383
  I recently had InEarz remould my UE900 into customs, and they did a very nice job. This was a pair where the case was broken as well as the connector to the socket. Really happy with the result, no more changing cables every month due to cut outs (they use a traditional 2-pin socket), and they fixed a basically dead pair for me. The sound is very true to the original signature, so highly recommended (especially if you have a pair with broken casing/cable around). Customs are a bit different from universals of course.

I have been considering reshelling them as well. Could you elaborate on what you meant by "Customs are a bit different from universals of course"? Is the fit significantly better in customs than universals?

This is bad customer service by Logitech. I was in a same situation in the past. Try reaching out to Ultimate Ears directly:

http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/support 

Thanks Tommy. Will reach out to UE directly and see. Logitech does not respond to emails, long holds with the customer care when you call them and the staff has been a mixed bag in terms of resolving issues.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #4,258 of 4,383
I started getting the sound cutting out issue again just recently on my UE 900 and discovered that the blue "vi" cable was coming loose. I attempted to disconnect the cable to reconnect it and make it fit more snugly, but the cable came off while leaving the metal connectors stuck in the earpiece.

See the silver pieces sticking out, one with a white plastic piece and one without:

Does anyone know how to remove these metal connectors safely so I can insert a replacement cable and restore functionality to my earpieces?

And no, Logitech.com support was a waste of time with automated/prefilled responses and though I'm asking for suggestions/tips from them to help me fix this issue by myself, I don't expect much more from them.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #4,259 of 4,383
Short quick question since I don't want read the whole thread:

How do they fare on a source with something in the range of 20 Ohms output impedance, especially compared to the triple.fi?

Thanks.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #4,260 of 4,383
  I have been considering reshelling them as well. Could you elaborate on what you meant by "Customs are a bit different from universals of course"? Is the fit significantly better in customs than universals?

The fit is much nicer yes. But it does take some time getting used to as they inserted a bit further into your ear. But you get used to it quickly, and it's really nice. Much more comfortable than universals for me, can have them in for much longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back