Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 9, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #4,381 of 4,383
Hi, $60 is still kinda a lot for my situation. Dont want it to last only so long.. Btw I got the same price offer for a mint used Shure SE530. Which one is the better buy?
In terms of build quality I would say Shure. I had 2 sets of the original UE900 that I babied but despite that both failed after less than a year. The weakest points were the connectors and no matter how gentle I was, I didn’t change the cable at all and they still fail so something to keep in mind.

Apr 9, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #4,382 of 4,383
In terms of build quality I would say Shure. I had 2 sets of the original UE900 that I babied but despite that both failed after less than a year. The weakest points were the connectors and no matter how gentle I was, I didn’t change the cable at all and they still fail so something to keep in mind.
My first pair (original UE900) had small issues as there was a layer of grease on the connector. I emailed them about it, cleared off most of the grease so I could get an audio connection, but they replaced it. That replacement pair still works to this day... This was when they were first released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back